Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’ve never heard so much moaning in me life! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Just looking at the stats for Spring as a whole (well almost, just two days left) and it seems the nature really does balance itself out, with one of the coldest starts to Spring in living memory, finishing with one of the warmest ends to it in many a year. As a result, this Spring will finish in and around average for the nation as a whole.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I am not sure why some folks in the east are bemoaning the fact that it didn't get as hot there as it did on this side of the island. I'd much prefer what they had today, as not only was it obscenely warm for the time of year, but also the moisture content of the air (dew point) was incredibly high for the end of May, making for a downright unpleasant experience all around. As a Spanish friend of mine said last year during a similar warm spell, Ireland has an 'ugly heat'. I agreed with him totally.

Some people like heat so I wouldn't call it bemoaning! 20 degrees to me is pretty cool feeling (out of direct sunlight in calm conditions). Dublin airport was gusting 40km/hr on some of the hourly reports today! There's a nice gentle summer breeze and then there's a pain in the ass wind that won't quit.

The day last Summer in Dublin when it was 28/29 degrees with high humidity was absolutely ideal in my books, weeks of that I'd find enjoyable. I'm fine with warm humid nights too, 17-19 degrees is generally fine to sleep in.

From all my years on boards I understand I'm one of the few who want it hot and humid as possible :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

JCX BXC wrote: »
    24.8c indoors, windows open but have to listen to an annoying house alarm.

This is just uncomfortable.

Dogs barking like mad around here. Nothing like the soothing sound of the diminutive, yappy dogs at night to send one of into a peaceful, dream filled slumber.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

John.Icy wrote: »
    Some people like heat so I wouldn't call it bemoaning! 20 degrees to me is pretty cool feeling (out of direct sunlight in calm conditions). Dublin airport was gusting 40km/hr on some of the hourly reports today! There's a nice gentle summer breeze and then there's a pain in the ass wind that won't quit.

The day last Summer in Dublin when it was 28/29 degrees with high humidity was absolutely ideal in my books, weeks of that I'd find enjoyable. I'm fine with warm humid nights too, 17-19 degrees is generally fine to sleep in.

From all my years on boards I understand I'm one of the few who want it hot and humid as possible :D:D

I'm on your team. The main living area in the house was almost 28c when I got home this evening.... Lovely. In bed now and bedroom temperature is just over 24c. Quite warm alright but throw the sheets/duvet off and it's just nice. I can certainly live with this.... Plus no heating bills. It's a win win all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Dogs barking like mad around here. Nothing like the soothing sound of the diminutive, yappy dogs at night to send one of into a peaceful, dream filled slumber.
    was dreading summer we have a number of barkers around here but it looks like the landlords have had words with the owners :D

Was 29.8 degrees in the bedroom today which is too damn hot. Down to 20 now and I think the cat is still not happy and wants me to turn on the fan so she can sit in front of it.
    I don't like this heat one bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I love the heat, it's glorious. Not a big fan of the heat staying in the house and refusing to cool down though. A fan would be a good investment.

Generally in a hot country you'd just get 'well oiled' on a hot night but it's a Tuesday in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Usually, I moan about the heat and it being oppressive but honestly, I loved yesterday. I can appreciate just how beautiful it was. I think it’s down to me being sick of the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Loved yesterday's heat and woke up today (after a rather uncomfortable sleep because it was so warm, will look into the Dyson MJohnson :) ) and it's currently 360 degree blue skies again. Yeah it will be gone soon but it's so much prettier then grey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What a morning. Watched the sunrise by the foggy galtees this morning twas like something out of Asia. Couldn't get a decent picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's cloudy and grey here this morning, for a change. It's 13.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I refuse to complain about this weather
    “Summer “ is coming soon
    Then the complaining will start when we have day after day of bleakness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

A stunning few days in Leitrim. Utterly stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Corofin Co Galway 22.20 29/05/18IMAG12400_zpsf0ppr3mq.jpg

The cloud has mostly broken up here. It's not quite as clear as recently; there are clouds about. It's 16.6C now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Stunning morning. Hoping any compact cloud cover is delayed even though it should cloud over eventually sometime in the pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mostly cloudy and feeling quite cool, 15C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Low cloud has cleared now and the sun is out. 16c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11am

Newport 20 degrees
    Belmullet 20 degrees
    Claremorris 20 degrees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

km79 wrote: »
    I refuse to complain about this weather
    “Summer “ is coming soon
    Then the complaining will start when we have day after day of bleakness

Me too. I think after the weather we had until early May, we should appreciate these conditions. Hopefully too the second part of your post won`t pan out that way.

• Advertisement

21 degrees and sunny with a few clouds in Cork City. Loving this. Finished my summer exams today too so can enjoy it now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun really getting going here now and sky's clearing!.

Temp now risen to 16C.

Thick cloud rolling in slowly here to ruin the fun of the otherwise roasting sun :(

clouds starting to increase again, as I look east it's mostly a bank of cloud. Thursday and Friday ain't going to be great anywhere, but the east could get slightly warmer as the onshore wind may have less of an effect over the next few days, despite the more unsettled conditions.

Next week looks like we could see several very warm, dry and sunny days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grand day in fairness. Variable amounts of cloud and sunshine.

Mostly sunny and just reached 20.0C here.

Those thick clouds I mentioned seem to just be staying off the city,not complaining at all! 22.4 degrees now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

23.2C currently in Castlebar and far less cloudy than recent days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Roasting day in the Diese, I'm posting this naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

Roasting day in the Diese, I'm posting this naked.

Photos or GTFO!!! :D

Advertisement