Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lovley morning with the sun just burning off a bit of fog. Got down to 4c last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful sunny morning here. 15c. Bit of a breeze straight down the N7

• Registered Users Posts: 18,136 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful afternoon in West Clare, 19.0c on the dot at the moment with near no wind. Feeling alot warmer though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic day here in South Meath, but the wind is really shaving the edge off the temperatures. Currently 16C and not really feeling any warmer unless you get completely out of the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Beautiful afternoon in West Clare, 19.0c on the dot at the moment with near no wind. Feeling alot warmer though.
    15.0c here and feeling A LOT colder.
    Not very pleasant in the shade, I just closed a north east facing window because the room felt cold! Moan over.

• Advertisement

Temperatures have managed to slowly climb to 19c here in Kildare. Still a keen breeze.

20.5c here in West Clare, was 20.6c a few minutes ago. Bit of cloud bubbling up now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely afternoon in Castlebar, 21.2C and barely breeze

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

15.0c here and feeling A LOT colder.
    Not very pleasant in the shade, I just closed a north east facing window because the room felt cold! Moan over.

I am hoping this east wind will become less of a problem from the weekend onwards. I am about 25km inland from the Irish Sea coast and even here it's cool enough with the breeze really making things feel cool rather than warm.

I don't think it's ever going to get too warm in this spell along the east coast, but we should see temperatures rise a little bit over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

21.4 degrees in Cork City now with clear blue sky, and a light warmish breeze. beautiful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There are days you do not want to be working in a poly tunnel and this was one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Galway city 23/05/18IMAG3301_zpsxjjdbart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

m17 wrote: »
    Galway city 23/05/18IMAG3301_zpsxjjdbart.jpg

Looks like you have a high engine temperature warning on the dash or maybe you are low on coolant

highdef wrote: »
    Looks like you have a high engine temperature warning on the dash or maybe you are low on coolant

yeah max so far is 19C around Galway City, 21C further inland, 22C in parts of Mayo.

My max today so far here at Dunshaughlin in South Meath is a very average 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Beautiful day. Temperature in the back garden not as high as some places but higher than it's been here for a few days. It's 18.7C. The high was 19.1C an hour ago. We're probably about 10Km from the Irish Sea here. The temperature sensor, being in the back garden, is probably well sheltered from the easterly breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »
    yeah max so far is 19C around Galway City, 21C further inland, 22C in parts of Mayo.

My max today so far here at Dunshaughlin in South Meath is a very average 16C.

22c here outside the city, so I would imagine temps in the city itself would be warmer, as they always are.

Either way, I'd take your 16c over this. Too damn hot for me!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    22c here outside the city, so I would imagine temps in the city itself would be warmer, as they always are.

GET OUT
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

It's 16C in Phoenix Park. The city wouldn't be that much warmer, would it? as the air had to pass over the city to get to the park in an easterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful evening here can’t get enough of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's 16C in Phoenix Park. The city wouldn't be that much warmer, would it? as the air had to pass over the city to get to the park in an easterly.

I think he's referring to Galway City, not Dublin. Speaking of Dublin, it's a pleasant day here but it feels pretty chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Well, definitely been a great day in Cork City.

https://www.facebook.com/corksafetyalerts/posts/1257135317750592

22.3c was the max today in West Clare. Beautiful evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Shannon airport the hottest station in the country today, fairly unusual I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Glorious day here, was a bit breezy and cool early this morning but nothing to moan about once out and about, just a great day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Kerry, got up to 21.6C out here near the coast, a bit warmer inland . Got a bit cloudy for a couple of hours in the afternoon but cleared up again later.

Killarney 15.30

Sh1NB5S.jpg?1

Managed to hit 20c here in Kildare today.15c now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Stunning end to the day here blissful weather. Love this time of the year when the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Topped out at 23.1C in Castlebar today, still 16.2C out currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Xenji wrote: »
    Topped out at 23.1C in Castlebar today, still 16.2C out currently.

really was a cracker, nice heat around 5pm. Just outside there,lovely night out.

Advertisement