Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

cloud is very slow to clear here. Sat is ridiculous with cloud just clinging on to the Dublin area and northwards. Should eventually brighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's not half as warm as it looks out there

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sunday now looks very wet again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It was a very nice morning at Grange with unbroken sunshine. It maybe cloudy now but it’s quite light. Grand day albeit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

patneve2 wrote: »
    cloud is very slow to clear here. Sat is ridiculous with cloud just clinging on to the Dublin area and northwards. Should eventually brighten up

Don't think you easterners would handle living in the west of Ireland for very long so, as we put up with this type of scenario every 2nd day, or indeed, days on end, in a SWly! :o

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

After dreary damp cloudy weather yesterday today is a beautiful sunny and pleasantly warm day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Top class day in Kerry, blue sky with just a few cirrus for decoration :)

No readings but getting up around 16 C or 17C I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Beautiful day all day here in Cork City. Blue sky and warm! After yesterdays cold dreary mess this is great! 18 degrees atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Gorgeous day in Galway City - blue skies and 17.6C :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun breaking through in Dublin 16 now. 16.2c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

After a lovely sunny start in Dublin it's been cloudy and cool and breezy ever since. The sun has just come sporadically out again in the last half hour. The temperature's now 15.2C, probably helped by the recent sun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear skies here in Castlebar. lovely afternoon .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lovely warm sunshine in Naas now. Was bitter in Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

km79 wrote: »
    Sunday now looks very wet again :(

No it doesn't? And again? It never did in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Salthill galway 22/05/18IMAG3291_zpsglzsy77l.jpgwhat a difference a day makes yesterday it was driving rain now it's wall to wall sunshine long may it last over the next five days it's going to be in the 20's

IMAG3292_zpshrkjabpn.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun finally making an appearance after a cloudy and chilly day till now, and temperatures finally rising to 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

was studying for my exams in the garden since 12. Got a nice colour and the sun was roasting. Its gone behind a tree now sadly! >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just out the door of worked an got a nice blast of heat. Is this here to stay now untill early next week?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    No it doesn't? And again? It never did in the first place!

Yr.no is showing an almost identical amount and length of rainfall for next Sunday into Monday as we just had for east Galway
    Only difference is earlier on Sunday all the way on to Monday afternoon

It’s also on Mets 5 day forecast now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

A lot more sunshine in Dublin in the last couple of hours have helped the temperature up to 17.7C. The sky is mostly clear now.

• Advertisement

Blue skies with cirrus clouds here and there this evening now.

This was this morning in Dublin 13.

mvHHKiC.jpg

I would not complain about more days like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Nice early morning and evening in Dublin but cloudy in-between.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Banna Beach 20.15

Temp 11.4C

GjKDrtk.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful evening here gone a bit chilly since sun went down but a proper summers evening long long may it last.

Yr.no is showing an almost identical amount and length of rainfall for next Sunday into Monday as we just had for east Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Kind of a so-so period of weather coming up to be honest from a Dublin point of view. No doubt there will be plenty of sunshine; but I'd be worried about the temperatures with a moderate East breeze forecast. I know it's typically just the direct coastal areas that are worst affected but I often remember times where areas further West are still several degrees better off than as far inland as west Dublin - so it'll be interesting to see if we can pull off 20 degrees here in D9. I know many Irish are blown away by the dizzy faux 'warmth' of 17/18 degrees and staring into the sun but just doesn't do it for me. Love heat BUT in fairness clear skies and pleasant temperatures are still 100% preferred to dull and grey.

I'd imagine the likes of Markree or Mt.Dillon will report some of the highest temperatures - though I say they will see more cloud further west along with the higher temperatures so possible a trade off.

Nevertheless; it's wonderful to see so much sunshine on the cards - add in next week also looking nice and some thunderstorm risk heading into Sunday and next week and it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looking at the GFS - decent amoutn of precip and cloud to flow in from the east from late Thursday...not ideal given quite favourable synoptic charts. Let's hope the weak cut off trough can stay further south than currently progged.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Read the Met Eireann forecast!

I don't pay any heed to automated forecasts, they're shockingly inaccurate, this being a prime example!

Good weather for the foreseeable future, bar the odd thunderstorm!

• Advertisement

15.1 hours at Shannon Airport would make today the sunniest May day at the station since 23 May 2010 when it had recorded 15.6 hours of sunshine.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/999051158336495617

Advertisement