Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sunny with some lovely cirrus clouds. It feels quite chilly but in a refreshing way if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Sunny with some lovely cirrus clouds. It feels quite chilly but in a refreshing way if that makes sense.

Complete blue skies here though I can see clouds way in the distance.

reMv5Jj.jpg

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Complete blue skies here though I can see clouds way in the distance.

reMv5Jj.jpg

It's clear now. There were some cirrus clouds around 1pm but they're gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Still mostly fine and sunny. 15.2C after a high of 16.9C. Not much wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The summer wind came blowin in...high pressure all the way on the gfs 12z,
    maximums into the lows 20s,particulary so in the west(is best),minimums in the high teens at midnight,even some biscay imported thundery outbreaks midweek due to rising temps ,fire up the barbie,summer may be about to begin.

p.s i may have completely jinxed the Summer.

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

With the block expected to setup over us, Iberia will be the only place in Europe with cooler than average temperatures. According to the anomaly chart here, Ireland will be among the countries with the highest deviation from average.

https://twitter.com/wxcharts/status/997422147411890176

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Great work on the spring weather, folks. Keep her lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beautiful warm day again. Mostly cloudy but the odd bit of sunshine. Would be happy with this for a few days.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    With the block expected to setup over us, Iberia will be the only place in Europe with cooler than average temperatures. According to the anomaly chart here, Ireland will be among the countries with the highest deviation from average.

https://twitter.com/wxcharts/status/997422147411890176

i think we should say a prayer for them,low twenties,with thundery showers and cloudy spells,god love them.life is tough.:D

thunderstorm threat for next week still cropping up on the gfs 06z

ukstormrisk.png

ukstormrisk.png

ukcapeli.png

ukmaxtemp.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling much warmer today compared to the past few days, but also far less in the way of sun, but still a very nice day ahead and perfect evening for a bbq!

For the third day in a row, pleasant in Dublin. Less sun and more clouds but it's still nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great run of weather !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Currently 20 degrees and blue sky all day in Cork City. 3rd day in a row , although slightly cloduier yesterday. Brilliant!

Mostly sunny here, with some high level cloud about. It's 18.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looking good especially toward later next week when signs are it will be turning more humid and temperatures starting to rise.

UW144-21.GIF?18-18

In the meantime highest temperatures generally will be toward the west and north - up to 21c possible here. Much cooler on windward east and south coasts with a strong breeze at the best of times, low to mid teens.

But mostly sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is our summer isn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When i seen kermit had posted, i was half expecting heavy snowfall and cold weather was on the way ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Not mad into the old weather myself but i enjoy reading these threads because a lot of you are very knowledagable about weather, would this be a type of hobby for some people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful morning here lovely and sunny and quite warm unfortunately you can already see the sun getting a bit hazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beautiful morning here lovely and sunny and quite warm unfortunately you can already see the sun getting a bit hazy.

Your life must be a missery mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Exceptionally low humidity on the east coast, 29% at Dublin airport with a subzero dewpoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Your life must be a missery mate.

Uncalled for.

I'm sick to death of Clonmel being berated by a few posters for posting his own opinions on the weather.

It was a nice morning and there is alot of cloud bubbling up around the country, making the sun slightly hazy - even where I am in Dublin.

I must mention it is quite hazy in West Clare too, beautiful day though.

Mostly clear here with some high level cloud. It's 17.9C. Although we're not all that far from Dublin Airport the humidity here is a bit higher at 53%. The dewpoint is 8.8C. It was near 0 an hour ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Cool with unbroken hazy sunshine.

It's 20.8C here now, with lots of sunshine through high level cloud. The breeze has picked up slightly. I had an earlier high of 21.4C.

Max of 19.7c here, currently 19.0c with the wind picking up big time.

21.3C now. High of 21.6C earlier. Still fairly sunny. The high level cloud is fairly thin. Not a lot of wind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Quite blustery here very hazy. 18 degrees.

Advertisement