Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Which should see the tabloids running with their Ireland sizzles in temps of 16 degrees nonsense.

They already are. I've seen some saying 'Ireland to sizzle in 20°C!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Artane2002 wrote: »

How do you face palm 🀦*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Well we have had a good run of nice weekends now... North County Dublin anyway...and a nice pleasant week ahead so things have definitely picked up in the last while if you ask me. Hoping for a good end of month for my holidays in the west!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It seems we've gotten some of the better weather as of late. The South and Southeast seem to be getting most of the rainfall. Some of the ground here is beginning to crack, starkly contrasting with last weekend when I was in Co.Waterford.

Overall, May hasn't been too bad so far here in my opinion. Obviously nothing like May 2016 or 2017 but still good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

May has been lovely here in the north west temps a little underwhelming but when its dry and sunny with the odd shower cant complain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just cloudy and quiet today so far at Grange. Not a lot going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Which should see the tabloids running with their Ireland sizzles in temps of 16 degrees nonsense.

Here is one example of this.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/mini-heatwave-to-cover-ireland-as-temperatures-soar-to-18c/ar-AAxbzS1?li=BBr5KbJ

I wish somebody would inform the authors of these articles that the meteorological summer doesn`t begin until the 1st June as this article keeps referring to the Irish summer weather. It`s still spring FFS.

18 degrees how will we survive....

Cloud has largely cleared in West Clare and it's beautifully warm out.

• Advertisement

The cloud is starting to get thinner here with some blue patches in the sky appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Just hope its nice on Saturday,got my young fella's communion:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭OldRio

A glorious morning as usual, thick overcast now but doesn't look like rain. 15.4c lovley

Poor enough Spring here in Leitrim. A handful of sunny days but mainly cloudy and cool.

Very dark and cloudy day at Grange. Brings me back to the second week of April.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Very dark and cloudy day at Grange. Brings me back to the second week of April.

At least it was a sunny morning. It feels nice and mild also.

At least it was a sunny morning. It feels nice and mild also.

I can't remember any sun here today.

The outlook today is just high pressure fest all the way to June. You've seen the GFS and ECM in the FI thread, so how does CFS look? Well, Ireland is under an anticyclone throughout its run. Week 2 has it centred over Scandinavia rather allowing for more of an easterly influence which will warm the temperatures up. After that, the high builds right over top of the country even as far out as week 4 (first to second week of June).

TfPcing.gif

bh1hDKu.gif

Again, reminiscent of this time in 1996.

I honestly can't remember sunshine either but I took pictures at 7am and it was sunny. It's drizzling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Overcast, muggy with showers in waterford. Winds picked u in the last hour or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Deise City - Fine sunny morning then overcast but still mild then damp now cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The weather's taken a turn for the worse. It's cool, cloudy and damp now and the wind's picked up a bit after some sun and lighter winds earlier in the day. And it feels cool.

• Advertisement

While it was a quite poor day, it's been quick sunny the last 2 hours in West Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Most windows of the house still open, no heating on, sitting comfortably in a T-shirt. As dull as it's been the last few days Its not cold or wet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Todays Max Temp of 19.2c was the warmest of the year so far at my station. Felt it too with a humid continental feel to the air. A lot fresher now though with temp dropping to 12.2c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Was able to sit outside last night at midnight with a cup of tea, you would need a coat now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anyone else notice the rainwater today coloured brown?

There's a white plastic bucket my father puts under a downpipe from a 3 span agricultural shed for water for calves.
    Normally any water is crystal clear.
    Today it was coloured brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Foreign rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Anyone else notice the rainwater today coloured brown?

There's a white plastic bucket my father puts under a downpipe from a 3 span agricultural shed for water for calves.
    Normally any water is crystal clear.
    Today it was coloured brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BIOgO-sAHY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Foreign rain.

If it's not just my own experience??
    I have a theory it could be from the smoke from the wildfires in Texas a few days ago.

I was trying to follow the particulates on earth nullschool and the blob off Newfoundland seems it might have come from there and then here?

Lovely bright sunny morning but definitely cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Why didn't the "experts" on here warn me about this..

Advertisement