Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

No but I thought they could clear the tracks and have it open by around 4

Well the red warning is in place till 3, clear the tracks, drivers get to work etc, it'll be at least 6 or 7 at the very earliest that they'd be back in service which is relatively pointless especially when you consider it's most likely to either be extended or at best downgraded to an orange warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

TlmpwT4.jpg
    WqGumIp.jpg
    ATUx7mR.jpg

Few photos from around Fairyhouse racecourse.

Are you allowed to go in and walk around the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They are in the expert thread!

Even in that I don’t see a lot of the big hitters lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

leahyl wrote: »
    All the experts have gone very quiet in here - what are the models showing this evening? Taking a bit longer than I thought to arrive on Corks shores, even though I knew it wasn’t going to start bang on at 4pm lol

That's a bit of an insult to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Evelyn Cusack just said 1 meter of snow for Dublin

Dont forget it all has to melt !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

In Kildare. Snow has not stopped all day. Coming from the east.

Looking south now I can see very dark clouds. Sky looks quite sinister.

This weather event has ticked all the boxes for me so far except one. Just need some thunder snow now for the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Gonzo wrote: »
    close to 6 inches of snow here now in Dunshaughlin, snow almost double the depth it was last night.

Gonzo I remember you saying dunshaughlin was snow deprived in recent years but this seems to have been a much improved winter your way. Worth the wait is the sneachta!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That's a bit of an insult to them.

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ok Eveyln Cusack doubling down with maybe a metre of snow in South Dublin, Wicklow. Let's see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

adam240610 wrote: »
    The roads are so cold here. In la touche park there is a layer of ice on most of the estate half a centimeter thick. Had to walk in the middle of the road as the paths were far worse.

Yep. Ice everywhere...

We just need the feckin snow and we'll be laughin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mr.S wrote: »
    Did Evelyn just say up to a meter of snow for South Dublin tonight?!?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

All the experts have gone very quiet in here - what are the models showing this evening? Taking a bit longer than I thought to arrive on Corks shores, even though I knew it wasn’t going to start bang on at 4pm lol

They’re still in the tech thread. Why on earth would they want to keep posting in here with the constant Me Me Me moaning? They’ve been providing brilliant updates for the whole week, only for some in here to write off everything with “well its not a blizzard outside my house, so therefore its no storm and a red alert is overkill, and why cant the Luas be running already”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Evelyn Cusack just gave all of wicklow and south dublin people who want snow, an almighty orgasm "up to a METRE of snow" - that's almost 40 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

A meter of snow Dublin area per Evelyn on rte now and worried about flooding afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Evelyn cusack must be sick of being on TV. So it's not even here yet ? So why was the 4PM deadline put into place then ? That's what I think people are wondering and pissed off at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bulmers wrote: »
    Are you allowed to go in and walk around the course?
    There's a public right of way down to the course. The drifting snow in the second photo is on that lane. By the time I made my way back (around 45 minutes later) it was another foot higher. Unfortunately my phone had died.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Sleet shower just passed through Sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Weather forecaster on RTE Six One just said that there’s a good chance that we’ll see up to one meter of snow, in Dublin, Wicklow, Meath, Kildare.

She also said that there will be atleast 24 hours of constitent snow, with gale winds causing blizzards for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Incredible to just even hear her say it. A METRE OF SNOW!

Evelyn Cusacks message to a few posters on here :)

giphy.webp

• Advertisement

Kh1993 wrote: »
    They’re still in the tech thread. Why on earth would they want to keep posting in here with the constant Me Me Me moaning? They’ve been providing brilliant updates for the whole week, only for some in here to write off everything with “well its not a blizzard outside my house, so therefore its no storm and a red alert is overkill, and why cant the Luas be running already”.

Yeah I can see why they aren’t posting alright,no need to get narky, was only asking a question. I completely respect them and never said they weren’t “providing brilliant updates”, which is why I was missing their posts from this thread also. People just let go at me then for no reason - Jesus, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

D24 and 100 asl and snow is now falling moderate and temperature is falling steadily, a good cm has fallen in the last hour, can't imagine the night ahead. Watching the news and huge snow depths for Wicklow now include South Dublin and a warning for flooding in the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nothing here in West cork all day,in fact whatever we got yesterday has pretty much melted,lovely sunny day today,no sign of Emma either,she's 2 and a half hrs late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Was speaking to some Dutch tourists and they could not believe the hysteria and panic over the snow. Packed shops buying vodka and month supply’s of bread.

the fuss isn't actually about the weather, we've all seen far worse, it's about the fear of those now with probably liability getting sued because of the wording of newish alert system

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

say what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Even though cork isn't meant to get snow until approx 8...

But yes 'lol'
    Ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Apocalyptic here in Dundalk. Over the last hour it has got really dark, and seems to be getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Up to a metre of snow in East Wicklow and South Dublin according to Evelyn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ah now stop, I just look for certain posters is all, some I am more used to than others

I'm just nowcasting it. There is no point in arguing about it when there is so much uncertainty. Better to weather it out and let it do its thing.

• Advertisement

YeaYeaSure wrote: »
    ME and the government have made a right hash of this.

In what way?

Advertisement