Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm seeing the comparisons to 2010. For my area specifically, it's nothing compared to 2010. 2010 had far more impressive snow here than today. Nevertheless, it has been beautiful! I cannot complain.

Not in terms of snow depth -yet(tomorrow and Friday may well change that), but the cold is very impressive. i am convinced if we had this a month ago we would have broken the all time cold temperature recorded during winter. As it is todays temperature in Valentia must be one of the lowest every recorded for the time of year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blizzard Conditions in Naas now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Nothing much here except a few light and short showers. Very irritating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,506 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Absolutely biblical here. The drifting is amazing. Never seen anything like it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

All the people talking about heavy snow in Dublin and whiteouts I’m in glencullen and no snow for hours now what’s going on surely it’s not that happening around Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Light flurries now in Limerick City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Absolutely biblical here. The drifting is amazing. Never seen anything like it here.

Less talk ,more pics frog...... :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A feck....:mad: Only some snizzle/very light snow in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Not in terms of snow depth -yet(tomorrow and Friday may well change that), but the cold is very impressive. i am convinced if we had this a month ago we would have broken the all time cold temperature recorded during winter. As it is todays temperature in Valentia must be one of the lowest every recorded for the time of year there.

Absolute BLIZZARD in Dublin 15 (Blanch/C/knock) ..........15 cm
    yesterday and earlier ..add another 5 cm..............20 cm and still bucketing down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Thank you. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow evening/Friday. Sheds open to the east with cattle and sheep in them. My fear is that they will fill with snow in the blizzard. Sheep are on the point of lambing too.

Don't sheep in Scotland and Norway and Canada endure snow during lambing season all the time. I would imagine they are hardier than you give them credit for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

The mother in law is staying with us for the week. It has started bucketing it down in the last hour and we can't get her away from the window. I suppose we'll have to let her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m17 near tuam Co Galway 28/02/18IMAG3097_zpsateadfjp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Lucky you. Nothing here in South Dublin/ north Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Chrongen wrote: »
    Don't sheep in Scotland and Norway and Canada endure snow during lambing season all the time. I would imagine they are hardier than you give them credit for.

Canada and Norway much colder than Scotland...no comparison.......

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

I knew we had a fairly steady drip from the overflow pipe, wasn't expecting this though:

IMG_0884.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Long, heavy shower in Clonmel over the past hour. Wasn't sticking during the day, but there's about 1-2 cm on the ground now. Wasn't really expecting anything significant here before tomorrow, so nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

great snow across D5/D3 -

big flakes filling all the removed snow today -
    Ground level at highest level yet.

I think travel tomorrow morning could be worse than expected - as there is a great base for this stuff coming down.

Looks way more than predicted precipitation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Blizzard snow in Dublin 24, fine powder type, odd as you can "see " the wind with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

TKln0Et.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

catrat12 wrote:
    All the people talking about heavy snow in Dublin and whiteouts I’m in glencullen and no snow for hours now what’s going on surely it’s not that happening around Dublin

Same here in Blessington Catrat, I think when the wind veers more ene then we get it. Should have more by morning and then all out blizzard tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

My phone does not like that website, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

gabeeg wrote: »
    Snowing Sandyford D16

How the hell did it get all the way here without anyone else in the South reporting?
    they've all moved into one of their spare buy to let propertties on the northside for the blizzard and are just getting over the trauma of crossing the liffey.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A feck....:mad: Only some snizzle/very light snow in Dublin 16.

similar here since this morning, on and off snizzle showers all day not really amounting to anything.

Hopefully Emma will really deliver tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Nothing here in Gorey, very disappointing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Dun Laoghaire harbour gusting 51 kt from the ESE again with temp -0.1 http://www.dlhweather.com/current-details/ Hoping for a 20 degree upper flow shift later but will be hard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snowing In Newbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Not a snowflake where I'm living but temps are seriously bitter cold
    Kids are disappointed but I'm not. If I can get one last chore done in the morning I'd be delighted but not the end off the world if I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Lucky you. Nothing here in South Dublin/ north Wicklow

It's like a blizzard here in Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was thinking of popping out for a pint since no work tomorrow, then took a look out the window and went sod that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

jay28 wrote: »
    Nothing here in Gorey, very disappointing!!!

Drive down to camolin there is plenty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement