Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

foxy06 wrote: »
    In 2010 I had a baby Dec 7th and had to move house 17th Dec. Snow and ice everywhere I can just remember it being such a nightmare. Really enjoying it this time round. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I conceived my first child during the December 2010 snow. So did half the parents of the children in my daughter's class because 10 kids have September/Early October birthdays.

So be prepared everyone, snow cuddles have consequences ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭easyvision

Looks like South DUB is escaping an shower, technically under 1 currently but not a flake in Cabinteely. This house bound thing has me craving serious comfort food!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I use raintoday.co.uk but thats the premium version , think its 25 buck a year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

Thundersnow....Kildare/Meath border. Been under that snow train for a few hours now. Must have at least 25cm on the ground now (solid ground), not the grass!!! Drifts already ovre 50cm high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

D.Q wrote:
    Still not a bit in Wicklow. Bang in the east coast haha how is this happening. Bastard town.

Nothing in Bray either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thats absolutely mad.
    Even in 2010 the weather reports were so toned down by comparison..in fact I distinctly remember thinking the weather reports at the time of snowfalls didn't sound as intense as they turned out in reality.

Difference with 2010 is that there very little wind in comparison so drifting was not really an issue as such. I think I have a few Met Éireann forecasts archived from that period, I'll try to root them out later.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Continous snow in Douglas ,Cork for about 3 hours now , although mostly light ,radar doesnt look like any let up either ,
    looking forward to getting out for a walk soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

No snow in North Cork but a four day weekend declared.
    #springbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

tempresult_oxn9.gif

arpegeuk-45-57-0_lkt5.png

Wow looks like even more for cork especially

Am I imagining it or do I remember a lot of cork people specifically before this cold spell saying it definitely wouldnt snow there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would those of you who know think that there will be crunchy snow underfoot in the morning say 11am or so, or will it be all ice and dangerous for walking?

I know it is impossible to say, but I ain't taking car out until it all melts, yep I'm a wimp, but I can walk fifteen minutes to see an old lady I know and bring a few bits and pass the time for her, and me!

But I had a bad fall in 2010 and I walk like a penguin in this type of weather, terrified!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What site is everyone using to track streamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Where do you get em?

This snow event will turn into Bread Wars, and what to do with the leftovers!

Lots of them are been spammed across whatsapp groups, but /r/ireland on reddit has many going around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Difference with 2010 is that there very little wind in comparison so drifting was not really an issue as such. I think I have a few Met Éireann forecasts archived from that period, I'll try to root them out later.

2010 isn't really a comparable event in anyway if this actually plays out the way it is looking at the moment. 82 seems more something of this nature although I wasn't around back then so can't really grasp the magnitude of that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Got snow in Terenure, moving south slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

I'd love to see your archive Oneiric 3 any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Would those of you who know think that there will be crunchy snow underfoot in the morning say 11am or so, or will it be all ice and dangerous for walking?

I know it is impossible to say, but I ain't taking car out until it all melts, yep I'm a wimp, but I can walk fifteen minutes to see an old lady I know and bring a few bits and pass the time for her, and me!

But I had a bad fall in 2010 and I walk like a penguin in this type of weather, terrified!

ARe you the RTE fella???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just wondering does anyone know if there is a weather station in Killybegs town?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

What site is everyone using to track streamers.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Snowing Sandyford D16

How the hell did it get all the way here without anyone else in the South reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Snow finally arrived in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Getting pasted in east Galway
    Not looking forward to the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

http://iuwm6y.jpg

My icicles hanging off the house today, also saw some on my car:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

My view from the office today:

bhc35s.jpg

1joi74.jpg

nq4dch.jpg

And a few from terra firma:

2w52a9c.jpg

2zgg16w.jpg

2ennjbd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Heavy snow D14- streamer shifting south??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Heavy snow D14- streamer shifting south??

It just has ta! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I go to put the kids in bed and 30mins later, the whole road is covered again with what looks to be almost as much snow as was there this morning!! (Lucan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Interesting that the Met Eireann forecast above mentions "flooding" for coastal regions along the south and east. It will just be our luck in Wicklow Town after having missed out on all the streamer fun last night, that our DP's will be too high and we will get rain instead of snow tomorrow night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

ARe you the RTE fella???

Dang that Ocd again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement