Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

degsie wrote: »
    Wish ppl would pipe down on the excitement and extend a thought to the elderly, farmers and front-line emergency personnel who have to deal with potentially life threatening situations.

We do think of them but we are allowed be excited too. Its not often we get snow like this on this side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Serious accumulations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Took this about an hour ago out the back during a shower. Vis went down to about 50m at its peak due in no small part to snow drifting like mad off the ground and roofs.

h2HXid0.png

-4.0c out now but not falling all that fast.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Didnt have enough slow in anticipation of the blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

I think its the only part of Munster and Leinster yet to see snow! Please someone say its comming tonight.

Yes, its a mare!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

In 2010 I had a baby Dec 7th and had to move house 17th Dec. Snow and ice everywhere I can just remember it being such a nightmare. Really enjoying it this time round. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Where do you get em?

This snow event will turn into Bread Wars, and what to do with the leftovers!
    French toast and bread and butter pudding both excellent uses for stale bread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Where do you get em?

This snow event will turn into Bread Wars, and what to do with the leftovers!

Bread and butter pudding....perfect snow bread usage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

In case people haven't read the technical threads many of the latest models are starting to agree that the cold spell may in fact last beyond the weekend and not thaw at the weekend as previously thought. But still very early days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

started to come down again in Dublin CC.

I'm off to the pub to listen to stories of marooned and stranded-ness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Wish ppl would pipe down on the excitement and extend a thought to the elderly, farmers and front-line emergency personnel who have to deal with potentially life threatening situations.

As a member of a search and rescue team who have been on alert since last night I can say I’ve zero problem with people getting excited or wanting to have a snow day. I’m hoping for the same here for my kids.

What I will say is the person who goes up the sally gap for a selfies in a rwd car in shorts and a T-shirt with no idea how to drive in the snow or up lugga for a stroll having never walked a hill in their life with no supplies or plan should have a serious think about the consequences of that action.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

1000 pages possibly Friday!!!!

I hope everyone is safe but I am also very excited to see the snow along with 99% of people on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭White Clover

Thank you. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow evening/Friday. Sheds open to the east with cattle and sheep in them. My fear is that they will fill with snow in the blizzard. Sheep are on the point of lambing too.

foxy06 wrote: »
    In 2010 I had a baby Dec 7th and had to move house 17th Dec. Snow and ice everywhere I can just remember it being such a nightmare. Really enjoying it this time round. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Funnily enough I was just thinking before this cold spell started that at any given time theres a large number of pregnant women and how incredibly unlucky each one must feel to be giving birth around this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Coming down again now DN22

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Woww, who knows when we'll see a forecast like this again....

fcast2_zpscxi6wmvp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

no one is celiac anymore I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ohhhh. I just died laughing at this. 5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

wakka12 wrote: »
    In case people haven't read the technical threads many of the latest models are starting to agree that the cold spell may in fact last beyond the weekend and not thaw at the weekend as previously thought. But still very early days

Noooo as much as I am enjoying it at the moment I have to work Monday and Tues (frontline) and due to fly out on a holiday of a lifetime booked a year ago next saturday......cold I can deal with not more snow.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

sryanbruen: the warning was further down the Met Eireann Web page. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

It's been snowing non stop in Edenderry for at least two hours now. very windy too. I can't really get over the amount already and still the worst to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Still snowing in Dublin 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Still not a bit in Wicklow. Bang in the east coast haha how is this happening. Bastard town.

Woww, who knows when we'll see a forecast like this again....

fcast2_zpscxi6wmvp.jpg

Thats absolutely mad.
    Even in 2010 the weather reports were so toned down by comparison..in fact I distinctly remember thinking the weather reports at the time of snowfalls didn't sound as intense as they turned out in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Lashing snow here in Clonsilla the last 2 hours ish but its hard to tell if its putting much down. Was really light dust, think its bigger flakes now but its hard to tell they are going by the LED street lamps so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Amazing experience driving home in West Galway. Blizzard at times, I could hardly see the road - had to drive by memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Near white out conditions in Drumcondra/Whitehall just now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

D15 has had continuous snow falling for almost 2 hours now. Easily another5 or 6cms on top of this morning's Snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

D.Q wrote:
    Still not a bit in Wicklow. Bang in the east coast haha how is this happening. Bastard town.

Nothing in Bray either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement