Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

prawnsambo wrote: »
    They've also been adding in a PCC over the last week. That may be completed now, but if it hasn't, it can change your handicap index. Usually downwards, but that depends on CSS being above par normally.

Again, worth noting that if you've lost your GUI card and haven't registered on GolfNet (a surprising number of people haven't), you will be able to get your PIN from your committee.

Whats the PCC calculation? CSS - SSS?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Anybody else seeing a difference between the Gui course handicap table and the one published on the R&A ?
    Checked a few and so far no difference. Not the easiest page to find, so here it is for those who are having trouble finding it: https://www.randa.org/chc-lookup

Whats the PCC calculation? CSS - SSS?
    That's what they seem to be using for historical results. Assume it'll be a calculation in its own right when up and running.

Edit: Btw, Congrats on that 69 you scored in the Bermuda Championship. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That's what they seem to be using for historical results. Assume it'll be a calculation in its own right when up and running.

Sorry, yeah meant for initial handicap calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve OB wrote: »
    how are your clubs rolling them out to you? is it a simple list of every member or what?

We sent out the tables for course calculation on Monday. Today we sent the list of new handicap index to all members to reveiw.

Tomorrow we send a push reminding members to have the GUI and PIN ready for Monday.

On Monday we send out the link to create your nedw Golf Ireland account

• Advertisement

Checked a few and so far no difference. Not the easiest page to find, so here it is for those who are having trouble finding it: https://www.randa.org/chc-lookup

That link is the ratings, I am talking about the actual calcultion for Course Handicap.

If I try my own at https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem and enter my handicap index of 8.7 it gives a Course Handicap of 12, where as the table supplied to us from the GUI has a Course Handicap of 10. Big difference

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

That link is the ratings, I am talking about the actual calcultion for Course Handicap.

If I try my own at https://www.randa.org/worldhandicapsystem and enter my handicap index of 8.7 it gives a Course Handicap of 12, where as the table supplied to us from the GUI has a Course Handicap of 10. Big difference

J
    Try it with "without course rating minus par"

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Try it with "without course rating minus par"

Is minus par not only for Sweden and Australia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

J

Same here. Course HC is being given as 8 on R&A site but handicap table from GUI is 9

Edit: this calculator is giving me 8 as well https://www.calculator.net/golf-handicap-calculator.html

Edit2: https://www.my-golf.uk/world-handicap-system-2020-course-handicap-calculator/ this links says you should select "Without Course Rating Minus Par" and that gives me 9

Is minus par not only for Sweden and Australia ?
    I thought it was dropped earlier this year for CONGU.

• Advertisement

I thought it was dropped earlier this year for CONGU.

Same here so the calculation is with par

If so the table I have is wrong

Golf Ireland website is showing a holding page saying the new website will launch at 4pm on Monday. Was updated at half six this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

notice on golfireland.ie saying that new website will launch on 2nd November at 4pm
    Golf Ireland website is showing a holding page saying the new website will launch at 4pm on Monday. Was updated at half six this morning.

looks the same as it did yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,223 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    You'll need to have had your email address logged with GolfNet apparently. Or your hardworking h/sec to have done it for you on Golf Ireland. :)

https://golfireland.ie/signup is all that's needed. The long string isn't requireed.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Yeah, just signed up and all info there. Went from 16.0 to 16.2.

Can't decide if I like the way data is presented or not, think its a case of just getting used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mushy wrote: »

Verification email links back to sign up page. So stuck in a loop.

Eventually got it.

Down to 15.3 from 15.5

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

Verification email links back to sign up page. So stuck in a loop

Yeah I got the same stuck in a loop

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭paulos53

If the historical data is accurate then we are in for some wild fluctuations.

It says I would have been 7.6 back in May 2019 and 13.7 in August 2020. Currently at 10.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

HI is 1 lower than my congu handicap, so in line with expected.

We are still seeing issues for people who play 9 hole comps, still very much a work in progress it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

My last score is showing on Oct 4th, I played in 3 qualifying comps since then, 2 decent scores but these are not in my index. Are these discarded now or will they show up eventually.

gary29428 wrote: »
    My last score is showing on Oct 4th, I played in 3 qualifying comps since then, 2 decent scores but these are not in my index. Are these discarded now or will they show up eventually.
    They'll be caught up by Monday I believe.

My advice to people is to check that all your scores for 2020 are entered. Possibly also for 2019, but my experience is that some away competitions have been omitted for people and also the odd home competition. If you do find some missing, verify that they are also missing from GolfNet.

If you find some missing and have verified that they are also missing from GolfNet, contact your handicap secretary. If they are not missing from GolfNet, they should be pulled across in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Verification email is not coming through to me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

Verification email is not coming through to me

takes about 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

How did everyone manage to get around the continuous loop?

I got my verification email but everytime I try to login it keeps asking me to click the verification link in email which I have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Dotzie wrote: »
    How did everyone manage to get around the continuous loop?

I got my verification email but everytime I try to login it keeps asking me to click the verification link in email which I have done.

Did you log back in using the pin or the password you created?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

macslash wrote: »
    Did you log back in using the pin or the password you created?

Logged in using my password I created just keeps saying need to verify email. Not the best of starts

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

bigeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I got the same stuck in a loop

Stuck in stupid loop myself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

3 of my top 8 rounds missing from WHS, all from August.

Advertisement