Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Worldwide Handicap System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I have a couple of rounds missing aslo. All from October. One of them was 39pts when 37 was CSS so would have an effect.

I have moved to 4.5 from 5.4 anyway.

Is there a simple way to calculate your playing handicap for different courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I have a couple of rounds missing aslo. All from October. One of them was 39pts when 37 was CSS so would have an effect.

I have moved to 4.5 from 5.4 anyway.

Is there a simple way to calculate your playing handicap for different courses?
    October won't be pulled in until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No loop issues for me, what screen did you get to when you clicked on the verification link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭techdiver

No verification email for me after 30 minutes. Not in spam either.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

GreeBo wrote: »
    No loop issues for me, what screen did you get to when you clicked on the verification link?

Goes back to registration page. Go to login page it then says you need to validate account with email that was sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

techdiver wrote: »

Mine took about 30 mins

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Finally got a verification email (not encrypted and from golf.co.nz!) doesn’t work!

I'm on the conditions loop too. The server must be flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chalky_ie

As mentioned it's only up to end of September, so not the final number, but I went from 14.7 to 13.1. If my calculations are right it should be 11.5 with all scores available, so I'll have to double check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

Eventually got logged in , just takes time . I changed clubs in June. I have linked both accounts in golfnet . only last 7 rounds have been transferred too new stystem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

bigeasy wrote: »
    Eventually got logged in , just takes time . I changed clubs in June. I have linked both accounts in golfnet . only last 7 rounds have been transferred too new stystem.

You are going to get old scores transferred into new system

techdiver wrote: »
    I'm on the conditions loop too. The server must be flat out.

Yep, but if you don’t send out emails for 30 mins, you get loads of resend clicks, which will make everything fall over. Amateur hour if this happens when 99% of people don’t even know it’s open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chalky_ie

Does anyone know how they are calculating 9 hole comps? I had a 9 hole comp where I shot 5 over(39), I had calculated the score differential for that using the front 9 slope rating and course rating in my own hcap check, but on the site they have somehow converted it to an 18 hole score of 81? The course par is 69, so I can't figure out where they got the 42 from(81-39=42). Any ideas?

Finally in and meh.
    I only have 2 qualifying scores, so they have just left my handicap exactly as it was, not used the calculation they have listed for this very eventuality. I should be out to the hard limit based on their reference material. ( edit - apparently not with only 2 scores, need 3, bloody non qualifying comps throughout set/Oct killed me on that)

Although I guess the change from handicap to handicap index means it’s gone up a bit for comps themselves by not changing

Edit - yep, ‘unchanged’ 11.2, would mean 13 off the whites, and 14 off the blues for me, rather than 11 would have played previously. In theory though, should have gone out to 16.2 HI. I’d be happy enough with the playing handicap but presume it will move quite quickly then once have more qualifying scores.

Further edit, but those course hacicwps will be only 95% allowance so I guess 13 and 14 become 12 and 13 for now. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Stuck in the loop to, joke of a website, email address is from new Zealand!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I eventually got in. When I was initially signing up I never received the confirmation email so I clicked the resend button several times. Only when the final email came in did it then show as email confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Just noticed all my scores are down as blue tees which have CR of 70.1 most would be off the whites with a CR of 71.5. Would this have much of an effect on the calculation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭newport2

kieran. wrote: »
    Just noticed all my scores are down as blue tees which have CR of 70.1 most would be off the whites with a CR of 71.5. Would this have much of an effect on the calculation

Yes it will, mixups with our courses tees too

I lost my GUI card so bit f**ked

I lost my GUI card so bit f**ked

You just need your GUI number and then you can get your pin off golfnet.ie

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    Finally in and meh.
    I only have 2 qualifying scores, so they have just left my handicap exactly as it was, not used the calculation they have listed for this very eventuality. I should be out to the hard limit based on their reference material.
    There is no calculation for two scores. The lowest that a HI can be calculated from is three: Lowest SD-2.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    There is no calculation for two scores. The lowest that a HI can be calculated from is three: Lowest SD-2.

Ah ok, thanks, thought they did 1 and 2 scores also. I got a bit unlucky as have 2 or 3 scores from september comps which had bunkers out of play so went non qualifying, as well as at least 1 9 holes comp which went the same way. presume they can’t be considered supplementary scores also, my initial 3 cards for handicap I thought would be supplementary scores in that case, rather than be ignored. Ah well, I’m in for a rollercoaster ride it looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Handicap index 0.1 lower than current CONGU.

6.4 to 6.3

Playing handicap will be 7 come april as we have a 121 slope

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Worked grand for me over last 30mins. Patience for verification mail (about 20mins) and GUI number as login with password you set up earlier in process.

Data looks ok to me but as already mentioned No Oct data (I have 3 rounds in Oct, 1 s$&t, 1 in the buffer and 1 best I had in a while) and from what can see only 6 scores used in the calculation.

So sept HC was 24.2 (got cut to 23 in Oct)
    WHS HC index 20.2
    Using slope/course ratings calculator from club and tees normally play get a handicap of 21 (24 for blue/back tees that I never even look at).

Club is saying...

Unfortunately the data uploaded was fraught with issues and despite our best efforts so far, we have not got to a position where we have any confidence in the information that has been uploaded. We are not alone in this and after speaking to industry partners this is a common story.

We therefore request that you take no notice of any information regarding your new handicap index until such time we communicate to you to confirm that the information is reliable and we can begin the next phase of the review process.

higster wrote: »
    Club is saying...

Unfortunately the data uploaded was fraught with issues and despite our best efforts so far, we have not got to a position where we have any confidence in the information that has been uploaded. We are not alone in this and after speaking to industry partners this is a common story.

We therefore request that you take no notice of any information regarding your new handicap index until such time we communicate to you to confirm that the information is reliable and we can begin the next phase of the review process.
    Just on that. Myself and Golfgraffix have been discussing these issues further up the thread. What we've found is that there have been some issues with Handicap Master (no idea if Club 2000 or other software have the same issues) where some competition data and especially away scores haven't been uploaded to GolfNet. There are ways to deal with this, but you firstly have to identify what scores are actually missing.

This can only be fixed from the club side afaik. That's where the problem seems to originate. Certainly our experience is that's how it's fixed.

Just on that. Myself and Golfgraffix have been discussing these issues further up the thread. What we've found is that there have been some issues with Handicap Master (no idea if Club 2000 or other software have the same issues) where some competition data and especially away scores haven't been uploaded to GolfNet. There are ways to deal with this, but you firstly have to identify what scores are actually missing.

This can only be fixed from the club side afaik. That's where the problem seems to originate. Certainly our experience is that's how it's fixed.

What about scores that are on golfnet but are not getting to WHS? Have seen a lot of this and they are all pre-August.

newport2 wrote: »
    What about scores that are on golfnet but are not getting to WHS? Have seen a lot of this and they are all pre-August.
    I'm assuming they'll come through in the next data exchange. Maybe your secretary or h/sec has been checking these and correcting them over the last week.

I'm assuming they'll come through in the next data exchange. Maybe your secretary or h/sec has been checking these and correcting them over the last week.

No, I spoke to him today, he hasn't seen them. I expect they'll be loaded at some point like you say. Do you know when the next data exchange is happening?

Think we all need to relax and let the system bed in and give it a chance to adjust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Still can't get logged in, some mess.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement