Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is his max bet 5pts? 4pts seems a fair lump, looks a good bet but would be a medium bet max imo.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Apologies for the late post... the joys of being the only non Premier team supporting one out of the 3 of us (the other two are on the beer!)

St. Pats -1 @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia) - Med Stake

Dundalk -2 Asian @ 1.70 (General) - Small/Med Stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bray to beat Limerick and Both Teams to Score - No @ 2.33

Bad midweek bets on Monday in the Premier and with it being so unpredictable we're avoiding it this weekend and focusing on the First Division.
    Bray started the season well with a 3-0 win over Cabo, on paper they've a very good side this season and will definitely be challenging for top spot. Limerick on the other hand have just been a shambles off the pitch and only getting their act together with new investors coming in at the end of the year, etc...
    I was in Galway at the Shels game and we were very poor first half, our keep caught off the line twice which is not like him at all! We showed serious fight in the second half and 3 subs made all the difference. Can see Morris potentially starting the 3 lads and definitely will not want to have to come from 2-0 down to win 3-2 again this week - he'll want this done with come the 60th min.

Bray -0.75 @ 1.70 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Shelbourne -1.25 @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Hiya lads,

Going to Rovers game tonight for the first time and wondering where's the best place to park? Form Cork so no idea of Dublin.

p.s. Not a member of the Soccer forum so couldn't post my question in there.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

gudede wrote: »
    Hiya lads,

Going to Rovers game tonight for the first time and wondering where's the best place to park? Form Cork so no idea of Dublin.

Thanks.

Best place is probably in the Square Shopping Centre (I think it may be free for match goers). There's also a underground carpark at Aldi at Tallaght Cross. I've never drove out there on match-days tbh - always jump on the Luas whenever Shels have played out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Hiya lads,

Thanks.

Hey, as a relative enough visitor to Tallaght stadium I can recommend parking for you!

Either in the Lidl carpark opposite, or a lot of people park up on the curb on Whitestown Way, which leads up the side of the stadium and there is never a problem with that.

The stadium car park is for club members only.

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Hey, as a relative enough visitor to Tallaght stadium I can recommend parking for you!

Either in the Lidl carpark opposite, or a lot of people park up on the curb on Whitestown Way, which leads up the side of the stadium and there is never a problem with that.

The stadium car park is for club members only.

I'd say parking in those spots will fill up fairly swiftly as Dundalk usually seem to bring a large crowd.

Just remember that the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

That Bray to nil I had has since been slashed from 2.33 to 1.5. Took -1 to make up for it which makes it 2.7

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Thanks for the replies. After all that I think I'll just get the luas as my hotel is in Bluebell.

Fancy Nash to get his first city goal tonight (if he starts). Came on last week against Waterford and had a shoot on sight policy. He'll also get banned numerous time this season as he loves a late tackle.

City normally good for corners too, despite only getting one corner last week. They did manage 13 corners in the two away games this season.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. After all that I think I'll just get the luas as my hotel is in Bluebell.

Sheldon Park? Luas be very handy from there. Their fans used to drink in the Maldron opposite the ground if you fancy a pint.

Just remember that the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

That Bray to nil I had has since been slashed from 2.33 to 1.5. Took -1 to make up for it which makes it 2.7
    Boom with a frowny face.

Bad midweek bets on Monday in the Premier and with it being so unpredictable we're avoiding it this weekend and focusing on the First Division.
    Bray started the season well with a 3-0 win over Cabo, on paper they've a very good side this season and will definitely be challenging for top spot. Limerick on the other hand have just been a shambles off the pitch and only getting their act together with new investors coming in at the end of the year, etc...
    I was in Galway at the Shels game and we were very poor first half, our keep caught off the line twice which is not like him at all! We showed serious fight in the second half and 3 subs made all the difference. Can see Morris potentially starting the 3 lads and definitely will not want to have to come from 2-0 down to win 3-2 again this week - he'll want this done with come the 60th min.

Bray -0.75 @ 1.70 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Shelbourne -1.25 @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Bray bet wins while Shels lost... a horrible 90 mins of football we played.

Waterford are 6.5 to beat Dundalk.

Waterford are 6.5 to beat Dundalk.

Big odds - Dundalk missing a good few.

Waterford Double chance is the way to go.

Sorry for hijacking this thread - do any of you know if there is a list of matches that will be shown on RTE over the next few months!

It's a shambles that they don't show a game a week from our domestic league.

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread - do any of you know if there is a list of matches that will be shown on RTE over the next few months!

It's a shambles that they don't show a game a week from our domestic league.

I know Eir tweeted their upcoming few games, not sure RTE bothered.

Cheers

Drogs to win and btts - no @ 2.75 on Bet365.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I know Eir tweeted their upcoming few games, not sure RTE bothered.

Post 5897 on 1/3 show the early RTÉ matches

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057871150

Season not off to the best of starts betting wise - two smalls this week to keep things simple.
    Unbeaten Bohs host Derry - Bohs new young keeper has managed 4 clean sheets in 4 while the new look Derry have started the season decent. Derry far too big here - we all agreed on that even Aidan the resident Bohs fan. This has a potential 0-0 or 1-1 stalemate written all over it.
    2 games in and Galway have seen 9 goals in their first two League games while Bray have seen 5 goals (all scored by themselves). Bray should win here but Galway should manage a goal - having seen Galway play Shels on the opening day, Galway are a half decent young side who will create chances. Bray have had 4 different goal scorers of their 5 goals so far - they'll be able to fire them in all season by the looks.

Derry Double Chance @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Galway/Bray Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Season not off to the best of starts betting wise - two smalls this week to keep things simple.
    Unbeaten Bohs host Derry - Bohs new young keeper has managed 4 clean sheets in 4 while the new look Derry have started the season decent. Derry far too big here - we all agreed on that even Aidan the resident Bohs fan. This has a potential 0-0 or 1-1 stalemate written all over it.
    2 games in and Galway have seen 9 goals in their first two League games while Bray have seen 5 goals (all scored by themselves). Bray should win here but Galway should manage a goal - having seen Galway play Shels on the opening day, Galway are a half decent young side who will create chances. Bray have had 4 different goal scorers of their 5 goals so far - they'll be able to fire them in all season by the looks.

Derry Double Chance @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Galway/Bray Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

I actually think Galway look big price here at nearly 4s thought they were very unlucky not to get a draw v shels and followed that up
    With easy win in Wexford last week . Bray have been going well but for me there will be better 8 to 13 shots

spurshero wrote: »
    I actually think Galway look big price here at nearly 4s thought they were very unlucky not to get a draw v shels and followed that up
    With easy win in Wexford last week . Bray have been going well but for me there will be better 8 to 13 shots

Can't see Bray not winning here - suppose it's all a matter of opinion. Bray definitely seem to have started better than ourselves so think Galway will struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Can't see Bray not winning here - suppose it's all a matter of opinion. Bray definitely seem to have started better than ourselves so think Galway will struggle.

You could well be right we will see . I just thought st first glance the price looked big on Galway but bookies don’t do much wrong usually .

Think btts is a top shout anyway.

So hard so far to pick bets!

According to Paddy Power there are two Premier Divisions in Ireland.
    The Irish Premier Division only has UCD and Harps while the Irish Airtricity Premier Division has the other 8 teams.

5noHKsb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If they make losses on either, they know which one to write off as "palpable errors".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I think Paddy fixed that now

Advertisement