Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Somebody said Derry are 5/2 tomorrow against Bohs, massive price.

I presume because they beat them recently & are on great form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume because they beat them recently & are on great form.
    Oh yeah like I'm not writing off Bohs, there's a good chance they will win but it's not like Derry are Athlone Town so it's worth a punt.

Took BTTS tonight so it's not all bad.

I think the draw @ 13/5 is maybe worth a shout between Longford and UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

After-timing?? Not in this thread!!

Probably wouldn't too touching the 1st Division this weekend, will see what the rest of the lads think before we post up later. Longford at 10/11 are far to short imo, UCD granted they've won the League already and have a Semi Final to play will still be out for the win imo.

We're horrendously short against Galway - a point mathematically gives us a play-off spot but reasltically we've secured one. Don't believe the 3rd or 4th makes much of a difference, obviously playing at home the second leg may benefit so getting 3rd would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

After-timing?? Not in this thread!!

Probably wouldn't too touching the 1st Division this weekend, will see what the rest of the lads think before we post up later. Longford at 10/11 are far to short imo, UCD granted they've won the League already and have a Semi Final to play will still be out for the win imo.

We're horrendously short against Galway - a point mathematically gives us a play-off spot but reasltically we've secured one. Don't believe the 3rd or 4th makes much of a difference, obviously playing at home the second leg may benefit so getting 3rd would be better.
    We'll be sending a team filled with kids to play ye. Have done so for the last three games.

• Advertisement

We'll be sending a team filled with kids to play ye. Have done so for the last three games.

Bear in mine we drew we Athlone (which we should have probably lost given how poor we were) and also drew with Cabo (again we probably should have lost given how muck we were).

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    No bets the last couple of weeks due to the FAI Cup and last week not fancying anything. Waterford and Shamrock Rovers both need wins to keep the hopes of Europe alive, Rovers gone too short for us so sticking with Waterford. They've a few on their "injury list" but expecting some of them to play some part at least. Sligo having another poor season and could potentially end up on the relegation playoff spot. May be a bet in the Pats/Bohs game on Saturday once teams are out.

Waterford Win or -0.5 (Asian) @ 1.80 (Boyles/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dundalk 11/10
    Waterford 4/6
    Main double at 2.5/1

Adding wexford for 4.25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Dundalk 11/10
    Waterford 4/6
    Main double at 2.5/1

Boom! *Tips hat*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Dundalk 11/10
    Waterford 4/6
    Main double at 2.5/1

Both bets win.

• Advertisement

No bets the last couple of weeks due to the FAI Cup and last week not fancying anything. Waterford and Shamrock Rovers both need wins to keep the hopes of Europe alive, Rovers gone too short for us so sticking with Waterford. They've a few on their "injury list" but expecting some of them to play some part at least. Sligo having another poor season and could potentially end up on the relegation playoff spot. May be a bet in the Pats/Bohs game on Saturday once teams are out.

Waterford Win or -0.5 (Asian) @ 1.80 (Boyles/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Waterford 1-0. Winner!

Good odds on Bohs and Cork.
    1.875 for Bohs,
    2.3 for the draw,
    1.1 for Cork.

Good odds on Bohs and Cork.
    1.875 for Bohs,
    2.3 for the draw,
    1.1 for Cork.

No bet in that game.

Should have a bet posted later for the other semi-final - will just be a small.

Winner last week, only 2 FAI Cup Semi Finals this weekend and a Leinster Senior Cup Final between Shels/Pats so slim pickings. Granted UCD being the 1st Div champions going up against the soon to be Premier Div champions, we still think they have the ability to cause issues up in Dundalk. UCD have scored in the majority of games this season in all competitions and their replacement to Graham Kelly (who incidentally signed for Dundalk in the summer) Conor Davis who signed from Reading in August has scored 7 goals so far in 7 games he's been with UCD.

Dundalk/UCD Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (General) - Small Stake

As above, I fancy UCD to score aswell.
    Dundalk win btts at 7/4 and btts is 6/5 both with bet365.

Bohs dnb 11/10 - scoring for fun and are bang in form, but for City it is do or die so dnb is safer than outright.

Doubling btts in Both semis for 2.8/1

Edit, 1-0 UCD just not threatening enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Cork city +0.5

€50
    Can’t see cork losing 4 games in a row or shamrock rovers winning 5 games in a row regardless of how important the fixture is for either club.

Cork city +0.5

€50
    Can’t see cork losing 4 games in a row or shamrock rovers winning 5 games in a row regardless of how important the fixture is for either club.
    If anything I'd be going the other way, Cork have the biggest game of the season on the Monday and Rovers are still in the hunt for Europe.
    Rovers' record against Cork has been decent too, a convincing win and a great draw from three games.

Derry are a great price @ 1.1.

Yup, I'd be firmly going against Cork. Value is gone in Rovers unfortunately.

Derry after moving from 11/10 up to 17/10, Limerick now 7/5.

What's the story here!?!

Derry after moving from 11/10 up to 17/10, Limerick now 7/5.

What's the story here!?!

Derry travelling with just 15 players to Limerick which some of them are kids. Injuries & Suspensions.

No bets from us this weekend, may be some inplay on our Facebook page posted by one of the other lads as I'll be in Drogheda. Waterford and Rovers odds completely gone and couldn't take Limerick with the winding up order in progress - moral surely bad.

• Advertisement

Over 1,5 in all 4 prem games 8/5 main bet tonight.

I fully expect Dundalk to win. I believe Rovers will beat city, so I'll throw a few quid on bohs.... Bohs, Dundalk, Rovers at 15/2 just too big not to have a few quid on.

Edit neither Dundalk or Rovers win

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sligo -1 tonight vs Bray

Bray going to be playing mostly U17 players tonight and prob gonna get walloped.

Shels/Drogs draw @ 2.3 is worth a shout.

Decent odds... we literally went into defensive mode after going 1 up on Friday. Really hope we don't try that from the start tonight but feel we will. Can't see the game going over 2.5 goals so you may be better off backing 0-0 or 1-1 if you're set on it being a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Sending s off Probaly killed the draw chances . Even with 10 I think shels would have got draw but next to impossible with 9

We were the better team with 10 men, going down to 9 killed us. All over for us until next season :( anticlimax to the max.

No bet last week but back this weekend with one bet, it being in the playoff game. Drogheda played a tough 120 minutes and penalties against Shelbourne on Monday in Tolka Park in a game they badly struggled in against 10 men and subsequently 9 men of Shelbourne and only survived embarrassment by the saves from Paul Skinner in the penalty shootout! Drogs captain survived a broken leg in the game while Lee Duffy will also be out. The Drogheda team coming off after the game looked exhausted. Harps have beaten Drogs the last two times the teams met this season while Drogheda won the earlier game in the season.

Finn Harps Draw No Bet @ 1.90 (Boyles) - Small/Medium Stake

No bet last week but back this weekend with one bet, it being in the playoff game. Drogheda played a tough 120 minutes and penalties against Shelbourne on Monday in Tolka Park in a game they badly struggled in against 10 men and subsequently 9 men of Shelbourne and only survived embarrassment by the saves from Paul Skinner in the penalty shootout! Drogs captain survived a broken leg in the game while Lee Duffy will also be out. The Drogheda team coming off after the game looked exhausted. Harps have beaten Drogs the last two times the teams met this season while Drogheda won the earlier game in the season.

Finn Harps Draw No Bet @ 1.90 (Boyles) - Small/Medium Stake

1-1 Void.

Anyone know:
    A) If Paddy Power give odds on qualifying games for the Collingwood Cup.
    B) If they do handicaps for Collingwood Cup games.

It's just Mary I have UCD and I'd confidently back UCD -5.

• Advertisement

Anyone know:
    A) If Paddy Power give odds on qualifying games for the Collingwood Cup.
    B) If they do handicaps for Collingwood Cup games.

It's just Mary I have UCD and I'd confidently back UCD -5.

Bet365 do, maybe PP.

Advertisement