Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

francie81 wrote: »
    Waterford/Cork BTTS is a banker in my opinion anyone else think so?

Nothing is a banker this season betting wise - so unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Nothing is a banker this season betting wise - so unpredictable!

Especially in the way of goals anyway compared to other seasons.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Two bad losses last week so hopefully make amends this week.

Not much to say on the first game other than the hosts look very overpriced. Second placed Derry host table toppers Shamrock Rovers in a game which seen Rovers come out 2-0 winners earlier in the season. Both teams in flying form but Derry should be good for at least a point here in the Brandywell.

Preseason League favourites Shels host Limerick in essentially a must win game. Shels have lacked any real form or momentum this season under new manager Ian Morris but with this being the first of two home games in a row it should be the best chance to get a run going. Only main concern here is injuries with several strikers and midfielders potentially out including Kilduff but the whole team did train this week so hopefully we will see a return of some of the players missing last week. Also to note, there's been money coming for Shels down in Limerick. Limerick missing several players but only one played in last weeks draw to Wexford.

Derry Double Chance Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Shelbourne -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I like backing five results in the Premier and putting a quid or two down as a fun bet.

Dundalk, Rovers, Pat's, Bohs and Cork/Waterford to be a draw is 15.67/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Derry city double chance is a banker to me

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hate to say it, but I think Rovers will have too much for us tonight.

I'd take your hand off if you offered me a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

At the minute Skybet seem to be the only ones offering a corner market in the St Pats game - taking 10 + at slightly Uber evens and will take Pats races to 5,7 and 9 if they show in play on 365 - good luck all

Mceneff anytime is 4.5, any reason he's so high?

See Gav, I told you we were sh*t :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mceneff anytime is 4.5, any reason he's so high?

Cos he did nothing tonight.

He doesn't like pressure on him, I watched him for 2 seasons and is easily taken out of games.

Two bad losses last week so hopefully make amends this week.

Not much to say on the first game other than the hosts look very overpriced. Second placed Derry host table toppers Shamrock Rovers in a game which seen Rovers come out 2-0 winners earlier in the season. Both teams in flying form but Derry should be good for at least a point here in the Brandywell.

Preseason League favourites Shels host Limerick in essentially a must win game. Shels have lacked any real form or momentum this season under new manager Ian Morris but with this being the first of two home games in a row it should be the best chance to get a run going. Only main concern here is injuries with several strikers and midfielders potentially out including Kilduff but the whole team did train this week so hopefully we will see a return of some of the players missing last week. Also to note, there's been money coming for Shels down in Limerick. Limerick missing several players but only one played in last weeks draw to Wexford.

Derry Double Chance Asian @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Shelbourne -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.80 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Derry lose... Shels win with the money being correct it seems!
    See Gav, I told you we were sh*t :D

Brady the only one worth mentioning - unbelievable game!

Danick wrote: »
    At the minute Skybet seem to be the only ones offering a corner market in the St Pats game - taking 10 + at slightly Uber evens and will take Pats races to 5,7 and 9 if they show in play on 365 - good luck all

Forgot all about this - it won - they would have won race to 5 as well but it never showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pat's won the corners match bet 5-0 according to Flashscore and Soccerway.

Pat's won the corners match bet 5-0 according to Flashscore and Soccerway.

Thanks - I meant the corner race market never showed on bet365 - strange as it normally does

you wouldn’t Adam and Eve - I placed the bet on Dundalk game by accident - that’s why it won - sorry for the confusion

Cork and Dundalk tomorrow @ 2.09 sounds good.
    Cork a due a win and face a poor Sligo tomorrow, but still the riskiest of the two.

Waterford a huge price @ 3.1

1-0 Rovers @ 4/1 worth a pop

Early bets as odds won't last, definitely on Longford (already gone from -0.5 to -0.75 in an hour). Longford host Limerick on Saturday who are currently on their knees with players having not been paid, their new potential investors have confirmed they have pulled out today and rumours of at 4 recent games being fixed by Limerick this season, definitely last week looks to have been thrown. Shels absolutely hammered Limerick last week, with Jack Brady pulling off half a dozen wonder saves! Longford sit second from top and in great form - on a normal week this would be a bet but add in all the off the field stuff this is a big bet.

Dundalk host table toppers Shamrock Rovers on Friday in a game that will see Rovers without at least 2 starting defenders after their sending offs on Tuesday again Bohs. Rovers played 60 mins with 10 men and 50 mins with 9 men so that will have taken it's toll on fitness as they pushed for their equaliser while tracking back! Dundalk need a win to close the gap here and surely will rise to the occassion.

Longford -0.75 Asian @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Med/Large Stake

Dundalk -0.25 Asian @ 1.725 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Dundalk 2-1!

• Advertisement

Rovers DnB and Dundalk to win @ 11/10?

Longford -0.75 Asian @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Med/Large Stake

Dundalk -0.25 Asian @ 1.725 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Half win & win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

any fancies tonight ? maybe ucd to beat sligo . sligo couldnt beat a harps team friday night that had lost 13 on the spin i think

spurshero wrote: »
    any fancies tonight ? maybe ucd to beat sligo . sligo couldnt beat a harps team friday night that had lost 13 on the spin i think

Just discussing at the moment Derry DNB & UCD DNB... will post "official" bets if we agree.

Two good bets at the weekend and we have two for this evenings Premier games.
    4th host 3rd in Derry this evening in a game Derry shouldn't be losing on paper with Derry being near full strength. Worry here is Bohs boss made 8 changes to the side that beat Shamrock Rovers last week on Friday so they will be fresh. But it's a long trek for a Monday evening game.
    Two struggling teams go head to head in UCD, UCD by all accounts have been unlucky lately to not pick up more points, their young side should be ready for this game with it definitely being a winnable game. Sligo haven't got going this season under new manager Liam Buckley, pressure will surely start mounting soon enough.

Derry Draw No Bet or 0 Asian @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

UCD -0.25 Asian @ 2.10 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

Rovers DnB and Dundalk -0.75 @ 2.06

Rovers DnB and Dundalk -0.75 @ 2.06
    Boom

Derry Draw No Bet or 0 Asian @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

UCD -0.25 Asian @ 2.10 (Bet365/Asia) - Small Stake

And the bubble of the weekend truly burst! Think people (including myself) really need to rate Bohs big time and moreso Long/Croly tactical masterclasses!

No odds out until tomorrow obviously but I like the games this weekend.
    I think Pat's/Waterford, Athlone/Cobh, Cabo/Shels and Galway/Wexford look good ones for Btts.
    I generally stay away from Harps and have added Cork to that list for now, Dundalk are a lock I think, maybe Bray -0.75 although Limerick aren't easily beaten (unless it's rigged).

• Advertisement

No odds out until tomorrow obviously but I like the games this weekend.
    I think Pat's/Waterford, Athlone/Cobh, Cabo/Shels and Galway/Wexford look good ones for Btts.
    I generally stay away from Harps and have added Cork to that list for now, Dundalk are a lock I think, maybe Bray -0.75 although Limerick aren't easily beaten (unless it's rigged).

Only a few times this year :pac:

Advertisement