Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bet365 do, maybe PP.
    Cheers Gav, game isn't until the new year I think but I said I'd just ask in advance.

To put it into perspective, UCD beat a Pike Rovers team who were in their pre-season 2-0 in the FAI Cup. That Pike team would hammer Mary I by at least 10 goals if they went the whole 90' minutes.
    God knows what UCD would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Anyone have any info regarding Bray v Derry and Sligo v Bohs ? I'm thinking Bohs win and Derry win .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Both games are essentially dead rubber - Bohs maybe worth a bet with Sligo managers second last game he may not give a sh1t and Bohs will leapfrog Pats....

Bray are dire but Kenny Shields is a spoofer. Wouldn't be backing Derry at 3/10 against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Both games are essentially dead rubber - Bohs maybe worth a bet with Sligo managers second last game he may not give a sh1t and Bohs will leapfrog Pats....

Bray are dire but Kenny Shields is a spoofer. Wouldn't be backing Derry at 3/10 against anyone.

Sound . Too late for me though

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    No bet last week but back this weekend with two bets to start off with. Odds going in already so tipping early. Last game of the Premier Division season.
    Waterford host Limerick, Waterford already guaranteed Europe next season but Limerick have the first leg of their Relegation Playoff on Monday evening which includes a 700km round trip (not ideal for part time players). Expecting Limerick to rest some players but we've heard they will play some first teamers - most likely will be told not to go to wear themselves out.
    Derry potentially could field another young weak team like Monday where they lost to already relegated Bray, St. Pats announced their new manager yesterday who will be sure to be keeping tabs on his squad for next seasons planning.

Waterford -1.75 @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia) - Medium Stake

St. Patricks Ath -0.5/Win @ 1.80 (General) - Small Stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lim prob not worth backing now since the price is gone

yx7Rra.jpg

All hearsay it seems and a rumour of Waterford players not being paid (which is false). Happy with my Waterford -1.75 bet still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lim prob not worth backing now since the price is gone

yx7Rra.jpg

What’s being backed in Waterford v limerick

spurshero wrote: »
    What’s being backed in Waterford v limerick

See my comment above - Limerick to win. Rumours Waterford are throwing the game as they weren't paid - they have been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Both boyles and paddys don't have that game on there coupons online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

gazza1 wrote: »
    Both boyles and paddys don't have that game on there coupons online.
    It has been suspended, the Indo have a piece about it online.

Ladbrokes max 20 euro stakes since earlier too. 100k on Betfair now.

Very weak Lims team due to play - 3 or 4 senior players.

Very weak Lims team due to play - 3 or 4 senior players.

Info was right on this anyway.

Waterford 2-1 up currently.

Prices up for Harps and Limerick:

Harps - 4/7
    Draw - 2.5/1
    Limerick - 4.5/1

I've taken a bit of 5/1 on Limerick and +1 Asian at 1.85.

Not an "official" tip from us (yet) - keep an eye on the Facebook group (I won't be around later).

I've taken a bit of 5/1 on Limerick and +1 Asian at 1.85.

Not an "official" tip from us (yet) - keep an eye on the Facebook group (I won't be around later).
    You'd kinda have to take them at that price, think +1 is a good one.

Refund on the +1

1-0 Limerick @ 6/1 and 0-0 at 7/1 look good.

1-0 Limerick @ 6/1 and 0-0 at 7/1 look good.

Only ever back CS bets in fixed games :D

• Advertisement

Something I should've done this year and will try next year is an acca for results or DnB/double chance for each game in each round just for the laugh.

No season bets really - Paddy Power aren't doing handicap nor sack race (wanted Bradley). Me and the 3 lads I pick bets with have taken two small each way bets on Top Goalscorers Akinade (14/1) and Kieran Sadlier (25/1).

Sadlier comes second top goalscorer with 15 goals... Hoban ran away with it. Still half or a third of the odds depending where you backed it. Akinade with a poor season goal wise.

Posted 16-02-2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Thanks for the write ups all year lads

Tenner on (my cousin) Vinnie Perth to be the Dundalk manager @ 2.5.

Wasting your money I'd imagine - Vinny Perth doesn't have the relevant badges so can't be officially the manager supposedly as per new rules introduced in 2018.

Wasting your money I'd imagine - Vinny Perth doesn't have the relevant badges so can't be officially the manager supposedly as per new rules introduced in 2018.
    Dundalk are looking for one year's dispensation, it ain't over yet.

Dundalk are looking for one year's dispensation, it ain't over yet.

It's the FAI can do... considering they didn't pay a cent in compensation it seems for Kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Next pro license course is February starting time?

Might take the draw for Janesboro/Ballynanty Rovers and Prospect at home to Kilmallock @ 5.48.

• Advertisement

Good shout Gav.

Advertisement