Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Limerick are underdogs tomorrow @ 1.87/1 which I'm scratching my head to figure out why that is. Galway have a good few missing, we're down Sean Russell and Will Fitz hasn't played this season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Limerick are underdogs tomorrow @ 1.87/1 which I'm scratching my head to figure out why that is. Galway have a good few missing, we're down Sean Russell and Will Fitz hasn't played this season
    Same players we've had out all season bar one who has started only once so it's not a major change for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Finn Harps play host to the first North West derby of the season while sitting at the foot of the table with just 2 points from a possible 27 and conceding a big 19 goals so far in 9 games. Derry find themselves in 4th spot and come into this game on the back of two wins in all competitions in the past 7 days. Harps team news is interesting, Raffaele Cretaro and Niall McGinley have joined Harry Ascroft, Mark Timlin and Gareth Harkin on the injury list while John Kavanagh is doubtful. Mark Coyle is suspended. That's potentially 3 additional first teamers out for Harps.

Not much to say on Pats/Dundalk aside from Pats find themselves on a five game winless streak in the league. They have scored only three goals in their seven league matches to date and all of those have been scored by Mikey Drennan who is suspended this evening. After a slow start to the new season under new manager Vinny Perth, Dundalk find themselves in find form and should continue that again tonight.

Derry -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Dundalk -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Cork city dc 7/10 home to shamrock rovers

Banker to me, rovers on a run of 5 consecutive wins it will end soon with a draw/loss.
    Anyone’s thoughts

Cork city dc 7/10 home to shamrock rovers

Banker to me, rovers on a run of 5 consecutive wins it will end soon with a draw/loss.
    Anyone’s thoughts

Looks good but we weren't confident enough to tip - Cork weren't up to much against Dundalk last week but they normally perform better at home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Derry Dundalk double my main bet aswell at 2/1
    Adding Waterford for 4.8/1
    Adding a draw in the big game gives 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is it just me who can't find the League of Ireland in paddy Power app?

Same players we've had out all season bar one who has started only once so it's not a major change for us.
    We're actually missing Vinny Faherty tonight too so that seriously weakens us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Derry Dundalk double my main bet aswell at 2/1
    Adding Waterford for 4.8/1
    Adding a draw in the big game gives 18/1

Dundalk with a surprise loss.
    Waterford and City blown away.

Finn Harps play host to the first North West derby of the season while sitting at the foot of the table with just 2 points from a possible 27 and conceding a big 19 goals so far in 9 games. Derry find themselves in 4th spot and come into this game on the back of two wins in all competitions in the past 7 days. Harps team news is interesting, Raffaele Cretaro and Niall McGinley have joined Harry Ascroft, Mark Timlin and Gareth Harkin on the injury list while John Kavanagh is doubtful. Mark Coyle is suspended. That's potentially 3 additional first teamers out for Harps.

Not much to say on Pats/Dundalk aside from Pats find themselves on a five game winless streak in the league. They have scored only three goals in their seven league matches to date and all of those have been scored by Mikey Drennan who is suspended this evening. After a slow start to the new season under new manager Vinny Perth, Dundalk find themselves in find form and should continue that again tonight.

Derry -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.90 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

Dundalk -0.5 Asian or Win @ 1.75 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small Stake

1 win and 1 loss... the winning run is over :(

• Advertisement

More mental prices this week, majority of the away sides are huge outsiders.

Some mental odds this week but we've picked our most confident two bets.
    Dundalk travel to Sligo and even at this stage of the season won't want a slip up to let Shamrock Rovers go further ahead at the top. Dundalk suffered a surprise loss last week so will be aiming to bounce back here against a poor Sligo team. Since their opening game of the season meeting, Dundalk have hit better form so we can dismiss than 1-1 hiccup.
    On Saturday, Bray travel to top of the table Longford. Bray started the season well but have hit a slump, the lack of depth in their squad probably cost them a point on Friday against Shels after a portion of their lads played 120 mins on Tuesday in the Cup against Shamrock Rovers. Not much else to say other than Bray are far too big here and odds should probably be more on par with equal home or away wins.

Dundalk -1.25 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Bray Double Chance @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Shamrock Rovers 3/10 whats with that?

Shamrock Rovers 3/10 whats with that?

Rovers in unreal form, cruising along at the moment. Waterford on the back of an embarrassing 4-1 defeat to UCD. Waterford half the squad they were last year with a cut budget.

Took you Dundalk bet and Rovers to win and score over 1.5 @ 2/3

What does Johnny Ward be smoking

What does Johnny Ward be smoking
    Not that bad considering. Got one right, one longshot which almost came in and rovers should have covered the handicap. UCD one is bizarre. Better than some of his other weeks. He tends to go for longer odds chances rather than tipping up Dundalk at 4/7 or something similar.

Dundalk so hit and miss this season!

Dundalk -1.25 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet365/Asia) - Small/Med Stake

Bray Double Chance @ 1.85 (Bet365/Asia/General) - Small/Med Stake

Not good :o apologies to anyone who followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Vital fixtures in the battle to avoid the relegation playoff spot between City ,Sligo,UCD and Waterford on tomorrow night .

This whole ideology that if you can put the ball on the ground you're going to win games is the greatest load of cock I've ever heard. People gushing over UCD doing it last year in an amateur league, give over.

UCD will pick up results but they'll finish second bottom I guarantee you. I'd rather play muck football and stay up than play like Barca and get whacked. Maybe they will get a result tomorrow, but this whole 'throw underdogs at a wall and hope one sticks' methodology from Johnny Ward is desperate.

Couldn't be backing UCD nor Cork... Cork out of form but surely if Cork don't win here Caulfield will be under huge pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Fair point to Johnny - got lucky but seems to be the nature of the game this season with LoI betting!

Bohs, Dundalk, Rovers & Waterford double chance @ 4.08/1

Lumped on Shels @ 1.37, Athlone a great price @ 1.1

Lumped on Shels @ 1.37,

Can I have what you're smoking? If my memory serves me right, we had one clear cut chance against Drogs... Kilduff could be out again tomorrow which means we've nothing up top!

Can I have what you're smoking? If my memory serves me right, we had one clear cut chance against Drogs... Kilduff could be out again tomorrow which means we've nothing up top!
    Limerick not up to much tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Waterford/Cork BTTS is a banker in my opinion anyone else think so?

Advertisement