Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Also why does his taxi number come up as unknown...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Isambard wrote: »
    I suspect he was reacting to you blowing the horn at him when he had indicated to go round the right-turner and you stopped him doing it instead of allowing him a bit of space. I expect he thought you had deliberately sped up to cut him off. Had you not blown the horn, there would be no road rage.

You would expect a person such as a taxi driver to be able to read the road ahead but they don't tend to do so.

He was a normal taxi driver in that they don't give a fcuk.

Sure earlier on George's St a taxi flew across in front of me doing an illegal right turn in front of a Garda transit connect.

I looked at them and pointed out to him they literally looked away and were in no rush.

Now that shows you how the taxi driver respects the law.

Damien360 wrote: »
    That's nuts. I have never had more than a couple of brake taps in front of me over a lot of miles travelled. Nobody has ever got out of their car to argue/fight.

I would break the internet if I put it all up.

I've had the wipers pulled off and mirrors damaged, this is on a bus by the way.

In the car I've been rammed off the road by a transit where it pulled me through a red light and he tried to drive off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I would break the internet if I put it all up.

I've had the wipers pulled off and mirrors damaged, this is on a bus by the way.

In the car I've been rammed off the road by a transit where it pulled me through a red light and he tried to drive off.
    :eek:
    Flipping heck man!
    I take it you drive for a living?
    That has to take its toll.
    Did you report any of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

fritzelly wrote: »
    Also why does his taxi number come up as unknown...

Comes up fine for me

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Comes up fine for me

Ahh, works on the app not on the website

whiskeyman wrote: »
    :eek:
    Flipping heck man!
    I take it you drive for a living?
    That has to take its toll.
    Did you report any of it?

Some of it yes, not all as I would never have any free time filling out constant reports.

I would love to be able to set up a camera but wouldn't be allowed and would get into serious trouble.

There are cameras all over the vehicles though which is great as it always shows the true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

The taxi decided to pull out in front of him, indicating doesn't give him right of way.

or the taxi changed lane just as the camcar did, which accelerated up the inside lane. Whatever happened , it's the aggressive and unnecessary use of the horn that caused the reaction

or the taxi changed lane just as the camcar did, which accelerated up the inside lane. Whatever happened , it's the aggressive and unnecessary use of the horn that caused the reaction

Aggressive oh jaysus......

Seriously - expected better from you. Won't tell you the story about the taxi driver trying to run me over very recently while crossing the road

• Advertisement

I've been at this end far too many times.

In work I've had similar on numerous occasions.

I've been followed, spat on, punched, threatened, vehicle damage, filmed, had a taxi driver rugby tackle the front to make it look like I hit him, blocked in an estate for 1hr50 minutes by a golf and quite another bit more
    That's nuts, do you drive something that simply pisses off other motorists or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭josip

I suspect he drives a clamper's van.

josip wrote: »

Feck now my keyboard is drowning in beer :D

That's nuts, do you drive something that simply pisses off other motorists or what?

Big bus, then an Octavia mostly but can be many others too.

I do seem to attract them.

I have footage I recorded on my phone recently so obviously can't post up here of a older guy who abused me and threatened me.

Story is very long but short version he drove car into side of bus(no damage) just rest it against it, while beeping and flashing, I got to the stop he followed then parked in front got out shouting, took phone out and recorded me, wouldn't let me move, so I ended up getting out and recorded him....

He looked at me once and I never seen someone turn and walk so quick.

He got back in his car and didn't say another word.

I stood between the door and car so they couldn't close it or leave till I moved....

josip wrote: »

No but I do supposedly take people's money and they say they pay my wages from time to time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Blaming the poster because they used the horn is another on the list of most boards things ever. Taxi 100% at fault.

Another batch of UK ones, including one where the child learns a new word! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

OP was hardly laying into the horn. You'd swear he was holding it down for 20 seconds. He moved over in good time and wasn't anywhere near the taxi, it wasn't until he's passing the taxi barged his way over and didn't like getting told off for being a wanker. Taxi drivers don't like getting pulled up on any of their wrong doings.

Also telling the OP he should gave have him a bit of space, taxi man had plenty of time for a quick manoeuvre but took too long. Sick of this "we share the road, you should have let him out" mentality anytime someone throws an indicator on. Obviously it's a nice courtesy to let people out and I encourage where possible but it isn't always necessary.

OP I suggest you report that to traffic watch.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Obviously it's a nice courtesy to let people out and I encourage where possible but it isn't always necessary.

Shhh inforfun is hanging around these parts

(it wasnt a brake test)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some storm fallout. The branches were a lot bigger than they looked so I went around and cleared them off the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Some Poo came out

....a lot of poo came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Patww79 wrote: »
    Blaming the poster because they used the horn is another on the list of most boards things ever. Taxi 100% at fault.

Yep if that Taxi man was reading the road and paying attention like the OP the incident would not have happened!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shhh inforfun is hanging around these parts

(it wasnt a brake test)

What??

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7524789/2e0d39a3/vanuit_de_kutkadett_gefilmd.html

Watch that one first.

Car that had the dashcam is here filmed, somewhat, from another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What a bunch of irresponsible morons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Total idiot in a Chrysler Voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is that on yellow plates, another one of our typical outstanding Northern drivers on the M1?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

bazz26 wrote:
    Is that on yellow plates, another one of our typical outstanding Northern drivers on the M1?

Yep, yellow reg, either northern or somebody who couldn't be bothered to re-register it. My cam is useless these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

bazz26 wrote: »

Not just on the M1. They take liberties everywhere.

Wrong way caravan & a crowded motorway, just before the inevitable collision!
    https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/2114226478794024/

More on the story here
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6278839/Car-towing-caravan-WRONG-WAY-M40-crashes-vehicles.html
    A car with 'foreign plates' has been involved in a crash after driving the wrong way down a motorway.

The car was seen towing a caravan the wrong way down a motorway on the northbound carriageway.

The car, travelling in the wrong direction of the M40 in South Oxfordshire, collided with two vehicles near junction six.

A shocking video shows the moment the car comes past in the wrong direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I wonder why they keep saying "foreign plates" and won't say where the car was from?
    Also is says in the article to provide footage to the police, and refrain of sharing it on the internet.

I'm really curious where the car was from, considering it was RHD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement