Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Spook_ie wrote:
    Must have all been off duty taxi drivers

:D probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

tedpan wrote: »
    A few more from this week

A car coming out onto a road of greater importance without checking properly gives me the collywobbles. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I had some good footage of a fellow rallying up the hard shoulder of standstill traffic on the M4 (Passat CC if anyone else has seen them!), a walker on the M3 after Dunshaughlin and other weird stuff, but due to work constraints and lack of time it's all lost forever :(

So from the other morning is this VIP who needed that valuable extra place. Just think that you, in your own car, are exiting, you see a bike and leave time for them to go by, you're clear to go and mid manouver when all of a sudden the car behind just rockets past you to gain one spot, leaving very little time to react, which is the scenario below:

However, do choose your lane wisely though as our friend picked the wrong lane...
    464019.png

Meaning he only got by again by barreling up the bus lane much further up the road!
    464020.png

Bonus short of someone trying to turn up a 1 way street, off a busy ring road, last Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I lived on that street one time before I moved out the road!

Truckermal wrote: »
    I lived on that street one time before I moved out the road!

In Navan? I think you can still book rooms in the Lantern, the place looks the same inside as it did in the late 80s though! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I love the people who overtake on ghost islands, don't let you in, etc - by the time you get to the next set of lights, there is at least a 50/50 chance they are in front of you, having saved nothing, and looking like an a-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

In Navan? I think you can still book rooms in the Lantern, the place looks the same inside as it did in the late 80s though! :p

Yep that's the exact spot I was working in what was the new part of the shopping centre that time about 1997 I'd say!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep that's the exact spot I was working in what was the new part of the shopping centre that time about 1997 I'd say!

Ah! That's the era of the Megabyte cafe, Navan hires old location, the crappy maxol across from it, the abandoned houses beside the crappy maxol, the old abbey medical centre converted from a house, Equis pub, the weird sloping stairs to kennedy road from the shopping centre near Equis and most importantly... The shopping centre maze :D

Good times :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Mr Snow wrote: »

In fairness, it looks like a nightmare junction to get across. I'd say the only way to get across there is to do what he did. You are relying on the good will of the other cars to get across a busy junction like that.

Unless I missed something, I don't see anything to see here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

In fairness, it looks like a nightmare junction to get across. I'd say the only way to get across there is to do what he did. You are relying on the good will of the other cars to get across a busy junction like that.

Unless I missed something, I don't see anything to see here!

It does look awkward, but I dont there is any "right" to be able to cross it like that?
    Just go down and come back up on the other side of the road?

GreeBo wrote: »
    It does look awkward, but I dont there is any "right" to be able to cross it like that?
    Just go down and come back up on the other side of the road?

But he didn't do anything wrong? He didn't just come up and barge his way across, he waited until the drivers gave him the way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

But he didn't do anything wrong? He didn't just come up and barge his way across, he waited until the drivers gave him the way.

I'm pretty sure the other van wasnt letting him out based on his reactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

inforfun wrote: »
    It was a bit unfortunate for the pillion rider though, he didn't deserve a kicking.

Lets get ready to rumble....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Some standard dublin 15 driving there. People cutting the corner turning right is my pet hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Bloke in a Corolla all over the shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Been a long time lurker of the thread and thought some of you might appreciate something different.  It's not often I'm up in the big smoke on blues but I think I did okay :D The amount of attention required is a bit draining, especially when you have an audi tailgating me, a lunatic in an SUV, a truck thats very unhappy and an endless list of other hazards. 
    Just realised I'm not able to embed though, could anybody help? ptjJb81PmGQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

2:50 mark the blue CHR nearly hits the BMW moving out of your way. This is the same clown who moments earlier darted straight across from the outside lane to the inside lane to undertake and go back into the outside lane.

On top of that, people not moving over because they want to try get in front of the car in the middle despite having space behind them and then the zombies who don't move over when everyone else has, or doesn't move over until you're right behind them despite the lane being completely clear for them.

Fair play! Would not want to be doing that everyday. Very interesting perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

LRNM wrote: »
    Been a long time lurker of the thread and thought some of you might appreciate something different.  It's not often I'm up in the big smoke on blues but I think I did okay :D The amount of attention required is a bit draining, especially when you have an audi tailgating me, a lunatic in an SUV, a truck thats very unhappy and an endless list of other hazards. 

Thanks for sharing

Just at 12 11

Red light. Truck stopped at the lights. Pedestrian runs across just before you approach along the bus lane

Was it safe to proceed through without stopping to check whether any more pedestrians were crossing bearing in mind someone might be elderly, young, deaf, unaware etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Just realised I'm not able to embed though, could anybody help?
    ptjJb81PmGQ

I'm a bit late now but I'm going to run in the next presidential election on a platform of rocket launchers for the front of all ambulances.

Nice driving.

Also, probably a silly question, Does an ambulance have to pay the m50 toll?

Understand you're driving an ambulance, but what about indicating? Especially when driving across 3 lanes.

Good video, what type of camera is that as it appeared to have some sort of auto stabilisation incorporated, or was that youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

McCrack wrote: »

Thanks for sharing

Just at 12 11

Red light. Truck stopped at the lights. Pedestrian runs across just before you approach along the bus lane

Was it safe to proceed through without stopping to check whether any more pedestrians were crossing bearing in mind someone might be elderly, young, deaf, unaware etc

Thanks for sharing

Just at 12 11

Understand you're driving an ambulance, but what about indicating? Especially when driving across 3 lanes.

Spotted the first (and 2nd) pedestrian well in advance. Knew the risk but felt it was safe to proceed as he had copped me. I was right down in speed but it may not look like it. Understand your concern, some people may have done it differently. 
    You can't see or hear it but I indicate religiously. One of my biggest pet peeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Interesting perspective thanks for posting. Also never knew the siren is activated by the horn which is handy.

• Advertisement

LRNM wrote:
    You can't see or hear it but I indicate religiously. One of my biggest pet peeves.

Nice one! Couldn't hear it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement