Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yes superb. Will miss them. But they bowed out like champions tonight. Unbelievable energy on stage for their age.

Stripped back feel to such a big gig, so the music shone a light. The big screens were great, little in the way of fancy graphics but just very well done. Take note U2 with your enhanced reality app gimmick.

Liked the few blues numbers from the latest album.

And Mick even mentionned Termonfeckin........somehow.
    He knows how to play a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Quite liked this picture I took :)

NrzVdhel.jpg

That one class shot... !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knowing them they could be back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭griffin100

Amazing gig. How many bands can open with a song like Sympathy For The Devil?

Was in Lower Cusack and sound and views were great.

Mick was brilliant, like a caricature of himself he knows how to play the crowd. Charlie is cool personified. Keef strutted around the stage but the heavy lifting was done by Ron.

So many highlights ......Paint It Black, Wild Horses, Can't Always Get, Brown Sugar and my favourite stones songs - Midnight Rambler and Gimme Shelter.

Highlight of the gig? Being there with my old man who is a massive stones fan and got me into their music when I was a kid. Priceless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

WuwGvbH.jpg

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Knowing them they could be back lol

Mick's 80th Birthday party tour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Take note U2 with your enhanced reality app gimmick.

Funny you mention that...

My mate, whom I was with tonight, loved tonight. He's a massive Springsteen fan and he said, "They were far better than seeing Bruce but, U2 are just in a league of their own for gigs"

Me personally, loved it tonight. Only disappointment for me was not hearing Under My Thumb :mad:
    Other than that, loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great gig. Ronnie and Mick were on fire, the other two may as well have been cardboard cutouts.

Highlight for me, apart from Gimme Shelter, was Ronnie's snake hips during the bass solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Was thinking during the show that despite the ravages of time that that's not the end of them.

The stripped back feel of the show brought them back to their roots but it didn't have an "end of journey" vibe at all.

Indeed they ended with a large rotating "See You Soon" (akin to "James Bond will return").

Great night apart from the fact it was a Thursday and seriously cold.

Ron carried it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

No 'Slipping Away' from Keith was a minor disappointment but really really enjoyed his tunes. I had a great night, sound was dodgy for first 3 songs but no complaints after that.
    Was surrounded by the nicest and most respectable people I've ever met.

Thanks to everyone who bitched and moaned on this thread for the last few weeks, My expectations was so low for this gig it turned into a really great night!! Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Great gig. 1st time seeing them. Mick has amazing energy for a man his age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Amazing gig. Amazing set list. Absolutely loved it.

I was at the front railing of the gold circle and the only thing that irked me were the dickheads in the pit right in front of me that were arriving to the gig at 9.30 or even later than that, no joke. And of course the usual gob****es (mostly young women it looked like) coming and going every 5 minutes to the bar/toilet with little to no interest in the gig. Tickets probably bought by mummy or daddy. Pit tickets are such a waste on people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Got lucky dip tickets. Pulled out two no filter pit A tickets and thoroughly enjoyed every second of the gig with a birds eye view. Looked around the venue at a few points and must say if I were the stones I'd be delighted with the crowd there! was about 85% full.....

To all the negative "it'll be empty" sheep posters, you missed one hell of a show. And I'm glad you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

bclar12 wrote: »
    Funny you mention that...

My mate, whom I was with tonight, loved tonight. He's a massive Springsteen fan and he said, "They were far better than seeing Bruce but, U2 are just in a league of their own for gigs"

Me personally, loved it tonight. Only disappointment for me was not hearing Under My Thumb :mad:
    Other than that, loved it :)

Better than Bruce??? LOL, that's the funniest thing i've heard in years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Wooderson

larry1 wrote: »

“Far better”.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Amazing gig. Amazing set list. Absolutely loved it.

I was at the front railing of the gold circle and the only thing that irked me were the dickheads in the pit right in front of me that were arriving to the gig at 9.30 or even later than that, no joke. And of course the usual gob****es (mostly young women it looked like) coming and going every 5 minutes to the bar/toilet with little to no interest in the gig. Tickets probably bought by mummy or daddy. Pit tickets are such a waste on people like that.

there was thousands of free tickets for this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What tickets did others get with the lucky dip? Just heard of the Pits so far!

Absolutely amazing gig. Blown away
    Got there and we’re told “the Stones didn’t want people sitting in a particular part of the stand” so we got moved to a different part which worked out well

Amazing show, great stage, head is up my arse now

Anyone else see the car being rammed by two Garda vans but then making it away. Holy smoke

On Dorset street after gig. Happened beside a huge crowd of people

Was a bit worried there for a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

wacotaco wrote: »

Lower cusack

wacotaco wrote: »

You heard in here? Think it's the same person who keeps saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

larry1 wrote: »

Why is that funny ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I'm neither a Bruce fan nor a Stones fan, but was at both gigs in Croke Park. I can safely say that the Stones put on a far, far better show IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Got lucky dip tickets. Pulled out two no filter pit A tickets and thoroughly enjoyed every second of the gig with a birds eye view. Looked around the venue at a few points and must say if I were the stones I'd be delighted with the crowd there! was about 85% full.....

To all the negative "it'll be empty" sheep posters, you missed one hell of a show. And I'm glad you did.

It looked bare enough as they came out on stage - it didn't actually properly fill until around 3 or 4 songs in. A lot of people missed the intro. But going by this photo, I don't think they'll have any complaints about the numbers:

9m9MCgJl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

JaMarcus wrote: »
    It looked bare enough as they came out on stage - it didn't actually properly fill until around 3 or 4 songs in. A lot of people missed the intro. But going by this photo, I don't think they'll have any complaints about the numbers:

9m9MCgJl.jpg

Great photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Mick's mention of a spice bag was amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

My 4th time seeing them. The sound was poor on the pitch. Average gig, by their standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I was seated at 8.15pm and it was half empty, so much so that I accidentally bumped into everyone else who I knew was going. As if by magic by 8.45 it was around 85/90% full.

Criminal having to get out of bed for work this morning.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    My 4th time seeing them. The sound was poor on the pitch. Average gig, by their standards.

I was beside the left sound stage as you look at the stage. I thought the sound was great.

Advertisement