Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones - 17th May 2018 - Croke Park - *Discussion Only / No Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

scudzilla wrote: »
    They were selling GnR mugs at Slane last year, 15quid a pop but they you had to return to merch stand after gig to buy, in case anyone decided to lob them

If i paid 15quid for a mug last thing i'd do is lob it

The mugs were the people that bought them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Is it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

magentis wrote: »
    Is it over?

Could hear it from my front room.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,026 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What a gig

Amazing even with a dickhead beside me who girlfriend decided to sit on his lap and stay there for the whole show but I'd don't obstruct my stage view and I left it off and enjoyed the show. Some people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Brilliant gig,Mick Jagger is some performer for his age, great visuals and was great to hear Keith sing a few songs as well, “You Can’t Always Get...”, was the standout song for me ,loved “Tumbking Dice” as well,overall 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Did they try and throw in any Brian Jones magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great gig. Stands looked about 85-90% full excluding the tarped areas.

So many knobs recording entire songs and blocking views as usual.

Rolling Stones were brilliant I thought, really had the crowd going although the blues songs and Keith solos quietened the crowd (despite the quality of the songs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

I'm meeeelting....

See this Instagram photo by @micks.swagger https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi5Ol1ShVo0/?utm_source=ig_web_share

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If setlist is correct 1 less song than their last European date, longest show of the tour ye were led to believe...smell of duped off that now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I went out for a walk and heard the singing and thought surely it's past their bed time.
    Then I thought the live in the US so it's day time to them.
    Hope they had a break for tea and biscuits maybe a nap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭corm500

Cracking gig. What a way for the Stones to bow out . If it is as I suspect the last time we will see them over here. ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Great gig, and I'm not even a massive fan. Really enjoyable, got better the longer it went on. Fair play to them, I can see why they have such a good reputation for gigs. To do what they do at that age is staggering.

Still, the usual problems with concerts in this country. People getting up to get beer or go to the toilet every 2/3 mins making the whole row theyre in stand, and people using the gig as background music for their chit-chats.

Seemed a good natured crowd though, albeit with some people in horrendous drunken states on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Must say Mick Jagger is some frontman and what a performer he is!!!!

Absolutely brilliant show from start to finish!!!

So happy I got to see the band live as I never got to see other legends like Queen live(the real band not the imposter they have become) and David Bowie.

Icing on the cake was I bought 2 Lucky Dip Tickets when they first went on sale and randomly picked up my envelope from the box at the collection point and BAM!!!!2 Tickets in No Filter Pit A!!!

Such a brilliant night!!!So happy I got to see them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Brilliant gig. Mick was unbelievable. Hats off to Ronnie too thought he played a blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Really really good. I saw them in Hyde Park in 2013 and thought this was much better. I also thought the stage was fantastic, the best I've seen for a gig, really visible from the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

What a gig. Great performance. Thinking about seeing them in the UK before the tour is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Great gig excellent sound apart from Ronnie's guitar screached slightly on the solos. The standing was full, the upper tier was probably 50 to 60% with particular block high in the corners with I'd say 20 people in it.
    Weekday gig and extremely high cost contributes to this I would imagine. I would guess around the 70000 mark with attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Amazing show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Amazing gig. I was in front of the sound stage in the centre. Sound was great.

On a side note, do Dublin Bus ever put on extra buses when shows like that are on? There are several buses which go through my area and 1 which terminates near me, so about half the journey distance of the other routes which means it doesn't get as busy.

Tonight after the gig 2 buses go past absolutely rammed and then my local bus arrives, not too busy. Grand that's me sorted but loads of people at the stop. Getting close to the time of last bus and most of the people would live in Co. Dublin or further. All the Luas were packed too but they seemed to be every couple of minutes which is not normal for that time but obviously someone in there is paying attention. These were not near Croker either. These were back in town.

70-80k people trying to get home. Maybe even half that trying to use public transport. I know it's hard to judge which routes will be busy but with that many people, a few extra buses on each route and you couldn't lose money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some gig, loved the set list and the sound was brilliant. My 3rd time seeing them and probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Absolutely super gig. Amazing band considering they're mostly mid 70s. Not often you get to see genuine legends, and Jagger is just an incredible frontman. Gets better as the years go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

From twitter, looks busy enough on the pitch.

ZVT4OO2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Also: Got my "too large" small bag stopped at the gate. Had to surrender it to a bag nanny who takes no responsibility for stolen bags. But I've since seen massive backpacks in the stadium on some people. ****ing raging. If they'd asked me to pay for it I would've told them to shove their gig up their hole. Croke Pk are ridiculous. Total overkill.

Are you serious, I ended up buying a smaller bag yesterday but it was still bigger than the required size, opened it for the steward, she hardly looked at it and didn't even get a pat down.....did you get it back afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Brilliant gig, the force of the guitars on Midnight Rambler was incredible in the gold circle. Ronnie put in a hell of a shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

JaMarcus wrote: »

Still, the usual problems with concerts in this country. People getting up to get beer or go to the toilet every 2/3 mins making the whole row theyre in stand, and people using the gig as background music for their chit-chats.

Stand up at gigs like this. Sound is better, you can move if someone is annoying you and it's easier to move yourself. I would have got tickets for Billy Joel but the poxy thing is all seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

What a gig!!!! 1st time seeing them live .......put a lot of younger bands to absolute shame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

Great gig. Stands looked about 85-90% full excluding the tarped areas.

So many knobs recording entire songs and blocking views as usual.

Rolling Stones were brilliant I thought, really had the crowd going although the blues songs and Keith solos quietened the crowd (despite the quality of the songs).

A guy in front of us had his phone up to record Gimme Shelter. He realised right at the end of the song that he'd never pressed the record button!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tight set from the young whippersnapper upstarts. The only complaint is that back catalogue deserves 4 setlists.

Ah Charlie though, can they not let the man retire and enjoy some peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Quite liked this picture I took :)

NrzVdhel.jpg

Advertisement