Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Finnegan's was recently taken over by the owners of Curragower. It was poor in the past but I was there last Saturday and it was quality.
    Oh. Will definitely try it sometime soon if thats the case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That Eyal lad. Some tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

dregin wrote: »
    That Eyal lad. Some tit.

Talk from that show?

Banned

Talk from that show?

Banned

I only dropped it in here to weed out the fans.
    Consider yourself outed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I dont know what Love Island is, and at this stage I'm too afraid to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Talk from that show?

Banned

I had literally no idea what Dregins post or your first post were about until I saw the WWW link. Ignorance truly is bliss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Peppa Pig is preferred to Love Island in our house, but it's a close run thing and has caused a few big rows. There's no row before the baby goes to bed, obviously he gets to see Peppa Pig and it keeps him entertained so we can bury our heads in various electronic devices and ignore him. Once he's gone up, however... then the row starts!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Any engineers on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Zzippy wrote: »
    Peppa Pig is preferred to Love Island in our house, but it's a close run thing and has caused a few big rows. There's no row before the baby goes to bed, obviously he gets to see Peppa Pig and it keeps him entertained so we can bury our heads in various electronic devices and ignore him. Once he's gone up, however... then the row starts!

:pac:

Glad to hear you've found a show you like anyway, let us know how Peppa gets on

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Any engineers on here?

Space Engineers?

Glad to hear you've found a show you like anyway, let us know how Peppa gets on

I know every line by heart I've seen it so often, I feel I could write a thesis on the gender stereotyping and subtle racism contined therein.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I know every line by heart I've seen it so often, I feel I could write a thesis on the gender stereotyping and subtle racism contined therein.
    "George, come and play!"

awec wrote: »
    "George, come and play!"

"Dinosaur"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm sure my kids think I'm an idiot because of that show

My sister got my first kid a George pig toy and I have to say my impersonation of the various non verbals he makes are fairly on point.

If mommy pig was as inept as daddy pig is made out to be, this show wouldn't have made it past 3 episodes.

Yea daddy pig is the dunce.

Was watching an episode there where the password for the treehouse was "daddy pigs big belly" or something. Can ye imagine if it was "mummy pigs big belly"?

I've just realised I'm talking about how peppa pig conforms to societal expectations. My life really is over, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This is the saddest thing I've witnessed here.

I've no sympathy for any of you.

This is the saddest thing I've witnessed here.

I've no sympathy for any of you.
    My daughter has watched about 1 hour of peppa pig and I hate it already. She doesn't even really watch it, but it's the only kids show I know to youtube.

That said, I've always told my wife we'll need two TVs in our house and she has always insisted we don't. I think Peppa Pig will finally make her see my side of it.

Was watching an episode there where the password for the treehouse was "daddy pigs big belly" or something. Can ye imagine if it was "mummy pigs big belly"?

I've just realised I'm talking about how peppa pig conforms to societal expectations. My life really is over, isn't it?

Join the motherf***** club! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Join the motherf***** club! :pac:

this conversation makes me glad the world of small children has passed me by

If you carry and voluntarily use a supermarket club card of some description then it's over. Often my wife or the cashier would suggest I use the club card or request it for a scan and I'd hand it over, meagre pride intact.

It was the day when I said unprompted:

"... ooh.. hang on, ... club card... sorry.."

..that I knew it was all over. I had plenty of time to reflect on this because after I requested he scan my club card, the cashier had to remove my credit card, scan the club card, and then reinsert my credit card. The entire time he was looking at me like I was damaged goods. It wasn't hate or disappointment, it was an unintentional but obvious pity.

He loathed what I had become, and he was right. Fcuk you Dunnes Club Card. Homewreckers.

If you carry and voluntarily use a supermarket club card of some description then it's over. Often my wife or the cashier would suggest I use the club card or request it for a scan and I'd hand it over, meagre pride intact.

It was the day when I said unprompted:

"... ooh.. hang on, ... club card... sorry.."

..that I knew it was all over. I had plenty of time to reflect on this because after I requested he scan my club card, the cashier had to remove my credit card, scan the club card, and then reinsert my credit card. The entire time he was looking at me like I was damaged goods. It wasn't hate or disappointment, it was an unintentional but obvious pity.

He loathed what I had become, and he was right. Fcuk you Dunnes Club Card. Homewreckers.
    I'm not this bad. You're a lost cause.

I'm not this bad. You're a lost cause.

I too have succumbed. :o

I too have succumbed. :o

gooble gobble

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Hereditary is brilliant

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Hereditary is brilliant

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom is possibly the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema

My daughter has watched about 1 hour of peppa pig and I hate it already. She doesn't even really watch it, but it's the only kids show I know to youtube.

That said, I've always told my wife we'll need two TVs in our house and she has always insisted we don't. I think Peppa Pig will finally make her see my side of it.

Netflix has a kids section with plenty of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We had friends over from Oz a couple of years back with their 2 kids. The morning after they got in their youngest was up at 6am. I thought I’d be a good host and let them sleep while I babysat the kid. She insisted on watching hour after hour of Peppa Pig. After witnessing the blatant sexism on show (and just being generally pissed off watching it) I decided that no child of mine would be allowed watch it. Obviously I wasn’t overly aware of it for the first while, but after an hour or so it started to sink in. It’s horrendous.

Also, awec, you’re daughter is 4 months old and you have her watching children’s TV!? Just do what I do and stick on the rugby. The colours and the movement do the job just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

My kids aren't allowed watch Peppa Pig at all.  It is a dreadful show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement