Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Good game. Spain take the lead as Nacho chips in...

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Good game. Spain take the lead as Nacho chips in...

‘Twas an absolute beaut of a strike. Striking a ball like that is technically very difficult.

awec wrote: »
    ‘Twas an absolute beaut of a strike. Striking a ball like that is technically very difficult.

I suppose you could say Nacho with ease.

Great game. Spain so much technically better but we are heading for a draw

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ronaldo is obscenely good at football.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

awec wrote: »
    Ronaldo is obscenely good at football.

The man is a magician

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I got both of those swiwi_.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

molloyjh wrote: »

The first one was actually very subtle for him.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

molloyjh wrote: »

Don't encourage him!!!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Or Ulster.

I was going to say or Connacht but of course they don't have any Private schools.

Do they even have secondary schools in Connacht?  I thought they all just started working on farms once they reached 11 years old.
    If you look closely in some of the hedges, you will see the secondary school students.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Instead of making their confirmation, kids in Connacht on their 12th birthday hold a ceremony called 'Eating the Turnip of Knowledge'.

After taking a bite If they can successfully point out Eyre Square on a map of Eyre Square they get to go straight to NUIG to study Tractor maintenance.

And once there they all get the student grant so they can get beered up and head to Supermacs, where they can order curry cheese chips from the UCD arts graduates...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Iceland to have another fairytale run in a major tournament?

I've a very comfy new pair of slippers this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I've a very comfy new pair of slippers this morning.

Did you kill the neighbour's dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's fathers day, and I presume his OH treated him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

errlloyd wrote: »
    It's fathers day, and I presume his OH treated him.

are you supposed to treat your oh on fathers day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stheno wrote: »

Depends on situation. If you've kids and they're too small to really do anything themselves, then I'd say it's nice for something on their behalf.

Otherwise, just chill and have a nice day together or send him down the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Former gophers, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Former gophers, I believe

One of my mates knew the entire song. He would gladly perform it along with actions after a couple of jars. Sometimes I think the best writing in The Simpsons were their musical numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Buer wrote: »
    Depends on situation. If you've kids and they're too small to really do anything themselves, then I'd say it's nice for something on their behalf.

Otherwise, just chill and have a nice day together or send him down the pub.

My lot persuaded me to treat them to a fancy lunch. They all seem to be enjoying the particular array of expensive desserts at the minute.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of, I'll check after I'm finished disposing of the neighbours dog!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mfceiling wrote: »
    My lot persuaded me to treat them to a fancy lunch. They all seem to be enjoying the particular array of expensive desserts at the minute.

its his daughters birthday today so we are going for food later. no point sending down the pub as he doesnt drink

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    One of my mates knew the entire song. He would gladly perform it along with actions after a couple of jars. Sometimes I think the best writing in The Simpsons were their musical numbers.

Was that one Conan O'Brien? I know the monorail song was

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hup Mexico!!

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Is it as bad as the trailer? Chase the trailer made it look awful
    We flipped a coin between Hereditary and JW:FK
    Thankfully we landed on Hereditary

It's just a cliched mess from start to finish. You're better off watching the original again since all the sequels have been a rehash of that anyway. If you can switch off and enjoy seeing dinosaurs for the sake of dinosaurs, then have at it. I can't unfortunately. I can't watch any blockbusters these days it seems. I'm becoming a grumpy old man :pac:

Is there anything more amusing then watching england in soccer tournaments. Tunisia look like a Sunday club side from the local village and their defence is hopeless but England squandering multiple chances then concede a lame penalty. Its really popcorn stuff.

Is there anything more amusing then watching england in soccer tournaments. Tunisia look like a Sunday club side from the local village and their defence is hopeless but England squandering multiple chances then concede a lame penalty. Its really popcorn stuff.

Won't be funny if they win it.

Won't be funny if they win it.

Based on what ive seen englsnd arent remotely in with a chance of winning the soccer. They shiukd still win this game. Spain look the best side so far although i difnt see bekgium

Nb nit drunk but cant be bithered fixing the faults

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Based on what ive seen englsnd arent remotely in with a chance of winning the soccer. They shiukd still win this game. Spain look the best side so far although i difnt see bekgium

Nb nit drunk but cant be bithered fixing the faults
    On a Monday evening??!!
    That's either some life or some problem you've got there!

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »
    On a Monday evening??!!
    That's either some life or some problem you've got there!

He's still a bit upset about the card being rescinded...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement