Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭OldRio

Not liking this change on my mobile. Anyone know if I can change this skin back to normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

OldRio wrote: »
    Not liking this change on my mobile. Anyone know if I can change this skin back to normal?

Has it gone to a different version? Scroll down to the very bottom and their should be an option for the Touch site, which is what I use

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Watching the start of Marriage Story with Wallace Shawn. I just keep drifting to the “Battle of Wits” from the Princess Bride.

Inconceivable i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I hope this doesn't count as politics because it's really not but "US president Donald Trump rails against refrigerators and promises cleaner dishes in campaign rally" was not a headline I ever expected to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bazzo wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't count as politics because it's really not but "US president Donald Trump rails against refrigerators and promises cleaner dishes in campaign rally" was not a headline I ever expected to see.

People who like apples will be incensed.

People who like oranges will love it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I like his cleaner dishes policy but find his anti refrigerator policy problematic. I mean without them where else would be keep our jars of sauces with only a little bit gone out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I like his cleaner dishes policy but find his anti refrigerator policy problematic. I mean without them where else would be keep our jars of sauces with only a little bit gone out of them?
    Doesn't bother him. He gets all his sauces in little sachets from McDonalds and KFC.

Conference Championships tonight. KC and SF heavily favoured but I've a feeling Aaron Rodgers and co. have a good chance to win against the 49ers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Conference Championships tonight. KC and SF heavily favoured but I've a feeling Aaron Rodgers and co. have a good chance to win against the 49ers.

boooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Will go with Vrabel to close down the QB options again and Henry to run amok.

Titans with another upset

Holy crap
    They know how to do flybys
    And murder their anthem

Holy crap
    They know how to do flybys
    And murder their anthem

I really dislike the way the Americans do anthems at their sporting events. You just can't beat the whole crowd singing an anthem - though I guess it makes more sense when it is an international game.

Rugby reigns supreme when it comes to National Anthems
    Most of the time!

Cracker of a first half. Two very different offenses.

• Administrators Posts: 53,527 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What you reckon lads. Liverpool's year?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,620 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

awec wrote: »
    What you reckon lads. Liverpool's year?

Can't see City coming anywhere close to catching up a 14 points lead with the way they're playing.

Think CL probably depends on them being injury free and on the draw they get for the quarters. They should breeze by Atletico anyways.

• Administrators Posts: 53,527 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can't see City coming anywhere close to catching up a 14 points lead with the way they're playing.

Think CL probably depends on them being injury free and on the draw they get for the quarters. They should breeze by Atletico anyways.

16 with a game in hand.

Miles clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Liverpool are going to walk it. By far the best team in England this season

16 with a game in hand.

Miles clear.
    Ten more wins on the trot will seal it. Assuming City win all their games too.

• Advertisement

16 with a game in hand.

Miles clear.

Jesus yeah there's no chance. I think the City of last season wouldn't even be able to chase that, was 10 points last season and that was only because Liverpool completely collapsed.

City are throwing away points in games they should be winning like Palace and Wolves, and they've a filthy Champions League draw with Real so they'll probably be concentrating on that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

They'll probably have the title wrapped up by the time Salah, Mane, Matip and Keita leave for the ANC (April). Fairly handy run in the next eight and City don't look near their best.

Patrick Mahomes is incredible.

The Bears will regret not picking him for a long time.

Regardless of whether it's a Packers or 9ers vs Chiefs Superbowl, it's going to be a complete slinging fest either way which is going to be unreal for a neutral like me

9ers are good at football

The Packers got Titaned.

It should be a cracker of a Superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Patrick Mahomes is incredible.

The Bears will regret not picking him for a long time.

Patrick Mahomes with the Bears would not be anything like Patrick Mahomes with the Chiefs, in fairness.

I believe he'd still be a quality QB but the playcalling and offensive weapons around him wouldn't be anything close to the same quality.

Buer wrote: »
    Patrick Mahomes with the Bears would not be anything like Patrick Mahomes with the Chiefs, in fairness.

I believe he'd still be a quality QB but the playcalling and offensive weapons around him wouldn't be anything close to the same quality.

Matt Nagy was an Andy Reid assistant so Mahomes may have ended up in a similar offense but it's a fair point. The Bears passed over Deshaun Watson too who has been impressive but not to the same incredible degree as Mahomes.

The Superbowl will be fascinating. The Chiefs are essentially up against a much better version of the Titans. Mahomes will have to play well again and put up scores as the 49ers will be able to retain possession. The coaching battle is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Regardless of whether it's a Packers or 9ers vs Chiefs Superbowl, it's going to be a complete slinging fest either way which is going to be unreal for a neutral like me

Chiefs, yes. 49ers will do whatever they think is needed to win the game. JG threw the ball 8 times last night. Eight! They rushed 41 times for almost 300 yards. They don't really sling the ball around but they are creative and mix up their plays a lot especially when rushing.

The Chiefs generally don't have a great run defence so it's going to be intriguing as to what Shanahan decides to do. I'm hoping for a great game but I can see the 49ers winning fairly comfortably in the end with their defence being of such a solid quality. The game was already over as a contest last night when the Packers registered their first points with 60% of the game over.

• Advertisement

Classy French trolling. Rue du Brexit is a loop that takes you away from Rue Robert Schumann (one of the founders of the EU) and right back to it again. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement