Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

These leaders debates are a mess. Nobody gives a straight answer to what's being asked, everybody piles on FF for the 08 meltdown, Mary Lou heaps on populist nonsense that gets cheap applause but offers no actual solutions, Leo remains a smug, deeply unlikeable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

MOR316 wrote: »
    Ricky Lawson was a pretty **** hot drummer too. Was used on the Bad tour

Not an easy job too - arguably the second most important person on the stage after MJ himself. Ignoring all the pyro, lights and absolutely manic fans, and holding the beats unaccompanied through an entire choreography routine, e.g., from 4:05 here:

Clegg wrote: »
    These leaders debates are a mess. Nobody gives a straight answer to what's being asked, everybody piles on FF for the 08 meltdown, Mary Lou heaps on populist nonsense that gets cheap applause but offers no actual solutions, Leo remains a smug, deeply unlikeable man.

Thought Leo came across very well personally, though for some reason he doesn't bother me in the way he seems to with others.

SF solid, greens solid and Labour solid. SF over promising as usual but got caught out trying to explain the 'how'.

Michael Martin was really poor. Didn't represent himself or FF at all well and I'd suspect they lost some undecideds tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Thought Leo came across very well personally, though for some reason he doesn't bother me in the way he seems to with others.

SF solid, greens solid and Labour solid. SF over promising as usual but got caught out trying to explain the 'how'.

Michael Martin was really poor. Didn't represent himself or FF at all well and I'd suspect they lost some undecideds tonight.

Yeah I thought Leo was decent. Ryan unsurprisingly did well too. And Howlin caught me off guard. I'm not a Labour man, but he was up there. Mary Lou did a lot of grandstanding, promising not to be mean to anyone other than the bad guys. MM wasnt great. Neither was Shortall. And Boyd Barrett did his best tin foil hat routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stheno wrote: »
    Is he the one with the twins?

You cut me deep, Stheno.

You cut me real deep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Clegg wrote: »

Sounds a bit like the Ireland / 6N thread.

These <Ireland team> debates are a mess. Nobody gives a straight answer to what's being asked, everybody piles on <Schmidt for the 2019> meltdown, <WUM posters> heap on populist nonsense that gets cheap applause but offer no actual solutions, <Eddie Jones> remains a smug, deeply unlikeable man.

I haven't been this hungover in a long, long time.

Being a parent right now is not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Buer wrote: »
    I haven't been this hungover in a long, long time.

Being a parent right now is not pleasant.

I haven't had a hangover proper in about 12 years. Probably the morning after tyrone won their last All Ireland in 2008...walked in to the little ones room and the nappy contents outweighed my interest in ever drinking to excess again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Maybe your lack of commitment is why Tyrone haven’t won since?

Maybe your lack of commitment is why Tyrone haven’t won since?

Could be...or the millions of euro that the gaa pump into dublin every year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

mfceiling wrote: »
    Could be...or the millions of euro that the gaa pump into dublin every year?

Nope. Definitely Mickey Harte's disappointment in you being a dry shíte.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I just need to look at beer these days and I'm destined for a hangover.

Superbowl tonight and work at 8am tomorrow.

I might actually die.

Nope. Definitely Mickey Harte's disappointment in you being a dry shíte.

Mickey would be proud of my pious attitude to life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Superbowl tonight and work at 8am tomorrow.

I might actually die.

What's your pick?

What's your pick?

Everyone is gonna have a swell time.

Also, 49ers to strangle the game and win by 9.

Everyone is gonna have a swell time.

Also, 49ers to strangle the game and win by 9.

If Mahomes turns up I can't see past a KC win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

What's your pick?

By the sounds of it, he's so hungover that he might pick death

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If Mahomes turns up I can't see past a KC win.

Defences win championships.

The better D has a much better record in the super bowl then the better QB in the last 15 years or so. Also Mahomes only matters if KC can stop 9ers running the ball down their throat and I don’t think they can.

Took over 52.5 points, hopeful of a high scoring game.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Defences win championships.

The better D has a much better record in the super bowl then the better QB in the last 15 years or so. Also Mahomes only matters if KC can stop 9ers running the ball down their throat and I don’t think they can.

Never mind...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Never mind...

Never mind never minding

Absolute belter of a second half.

Mahomes got the job done despite incredible pressure from the SF D-Line. Great Superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I've been lolling at this for about 4 hours:

https://twitter.com/GerryMcBride/status/1224818554832400384

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Does anyone know of any health insurance plan that is particularly good for Physio / sports injuries.

I have to get health insurance because my new employer doesn't offer it. It's pretty much all I ever claimed on so I want to get the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone get trains to Newbridge from Grand Canal Dock after a match? Do they run as scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone get trains to Newbridge from Grand Canal Dock after a match? Do they run as scheduled?
    grand canal station closes during matches for a while. Dont know how that affects trains to elsewhere as dart just goes straight through to pearse

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

there is no direct train that runs that route tomorrow

in fact it would need 2 changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That line doesn't run on a Saturday, it's only Monday to Friday and then Saturday/Sunday is from Heuston only. You'd have to get the dart from Lansdowne to Connolly, and then the red line luas to Heuston

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement