Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

molloyjh wrote: »
    Surprisingly each peice was numbered in the order it was to be used in the assembly and the instructions were fairly straightforward. It was still flat pack, so it was still a pain in the @ss and there was was some cursing. But as flat pack went it wasn't the worst.

My folks got her something similar that apparently had no instructions at all. I can only imagine the scenes....

Wait Molloy...did you and your parents do all your Christmas shopping in IKEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wait Molloy...did you and your parents do all your Christmas shopping in IKEA?

Haha, no what do you think I am!? What kind of hipster goes to IKEA!?

I am bored out of my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Not a big fan of Christmas myself, but Christmas day is fine and got through it grand.

Now I've to go pick up the other side of the family (an hour round trip) to bring them over for basically a recreation of Christmas day again... I just want to go to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My family Christmas day is not ideal. Between my family and extended family we end up at around 15. Few enough to uncomfortably sit around a table, but too many to play one board game and way too many to watch a movie.

There is never a plan after dinner and everyone is too polite to just do their own thing. So yesterday we were at the dinner table for 6 full hours. No music, no movies, no games. Absolutely hideous carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Getting kodi working on my firestick is keeping me entertained :)

sydthebeat wrote: »

Found that to be incredibly hit and miss. What are you using it for exactly? I've found using plex on the firestick allows me to download whatever I want to my pc and play it through the firestick. If I need to watch sports, simply use the firestick's browser and go to your local dodgy streaming site.

Found that to be incredibly hit and miss. What are you using it for exactly? I've found using plex on the firestick allows me to download whatever I want to my pc and play it through the firestick. If I need to watch sports, simply use the firestick's browser and go to your local dodgy streaming site.

It took me a while to get the hang of the different add ons in kodi, and I only got "the crew" working this morning.

I'm not too worried about sports, I've many different options for that, but it's more for finding a movie or TV show that's not on a regular platform

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Having a dog to walk to get of the house for an hour is vital around this time.

Having a dog to walk to get of the house for an hour is vital around this time.

Yep. An hour out of the house there has caused the cabin fever to subside for another while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yep. An hour out of the house there has caused the cabin fever to subside for another while.

Day 4 of the flu in our house. I'd love to get out for a walk. And a pint. Or just a pint. Yeah, f*ck the walk. Unless it's to the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

sydthebeat wrote: »

Is kodi still a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I was back to work today so could be worse. Not off until 30th and 31st working again from new years day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Happy new decade everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Just wishing everyone a 2020 that is as consistently excellent and without mishap as Robert Baloucoune's defence.

All the best folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Happy new Decade. John Hayes is still a Ligind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

What about Jules Holland Rick rolling everyone for the new year though.

Twenty years since the millennium.

Wishing every one of you the best for the third decade.

Welcome to the roaring twenties, not sure who’s going to be roaring or at what, but it sounds good.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    Welcome to the roaring twenties, not sure who’s going to be roaring or at what, but it sounds good.

You're in the terrace with us. You already know who will be roaring and at whom they'll be directing it. :D

Happy New Year all!

molloyjh wrote: »
    You're in the terrace with us. You already know who will be roaring and at whom they'll be directing it. :D

Happy New Year all!

Well yes this is true, happy new year to all the refs too.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well yes this is true, happy new year to all the refs too.

Except Clancy...especially not Clancy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Except Clancy...especially not Clancy.

Did he not retire?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Stheno wrote: »
    Did he not retire?

Nah he reffed the Leinster Ulster game and was an AR for the Leinster Munster game. You're probably thinking of Lacey.

Nah he reffed the Leinster Ulster game and was an AR for the Leinster Munster game. You're probably thinking of Lacey.

Ah that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've 4 matches this month and also a week skiing in the middle, and I currently feel like I've been pickled. I don't think I'll survive the month. Die January.

I've 4 matches this month and also a week skiing in the middle, and I currently feel like I've been pickled. I don't think I'll survive the month. Die January.

You need to drink more

Oh look at this "I have a life, play rugby and go skiing. Woe is me." Instagram post. Life is tough IBF, but I've no doubt you'll power through and make a success of it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Can I just say to all the parents here don't bring your kids to Disneyland.

Go on your own and enjoy it more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement