Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Would loved to have seen the 2005 Tyrone team against this current Dublin team. McMenamin, McGuigan, Stevie O'Neill, McMahons, Dooher, Mugsy etc. Was as good a team as I ever seen take a field. To be fair this Dublin team are something else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That 10-15 minute salvo was something to witness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mfceiling wrote: »
    Would loved to have seen the 2005 Tyrone team against this current Dublin team. McMenamin, McGuigan, Stevie O'Neill, McMahons, Dooher, Mugsy etc. Was as good a team as I ever seen take a field. To be fair this Dublin team are something else as well.

The game has moved on since then, this team would run rings around them. Impossible to compare teams from different eras with the advanced in training and tactics.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Jesus christ, that was painful. Is there anything to be said for a championship without Dublin?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

dregin wrote: »
    Jesus christ, that was painful. Is there anything to be said for a championship without Dublin?!

What would you call it? The Runner Up Championship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

molloyjh wrote: »
    What would you call it? The Runner Up Championship?

The 'good, but not good enough to beat the best, so sort of almost winners championship'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The winner is presented with a commemorative "glass ceiling", made by Waterford Crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The winner is presented with a commemorative "glass ceiling", made by Waterford Crystal.

Dropping it would be just about the only way any of them will break it.

Still gutted this morning. It's not that I didn't expect a (heavy) loss but the nature of it was pure Mayo. That was probably the last chance for a number of mainstays like Keith Higgins, Andy Moran and Colm Boyle. There are a few players coming through that look promising (Carr in particular shone in the first half) but some of Mayo's best ever players are now past their best.

It's possible Mayo will still make the last four by default but Dublin's juggernaut isn't going anywhere. Goals aside some of the points scored from play in the second half were of a quality Mayo can't match on a consistent basis over 70 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's possible Mayo will still make the last four by default but Dublin's juggernaut isn't going anywhere. Goals aside some of the points scored from play in the second half were of a quality Mayo can't match on a consistent basis over 70 minutes.

For all the talk of getting rid of the provincials it's realistically the only hope of silverware that every county outside of Dublin has. Mayo have no reason not to be targeting a final next year again next year even if Moran/Higgins/Clarke/Boyle go.

Dubs have a good core of young players with years left on the clock and then lads like Archer from their U-20's who will thrive at senior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

At least we have the hurling to enjoy

• Administrators Posts: 53,458 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

At least we have the hurling to enjoy

Do they know what hurling is in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    Do they know what hurling is in Kildare?

About as much as they know about football these days.

34k attendance for Kerry-Tyrone. Yikes.

As a fair weather fan, I thought these yokes always sold out. Especially a semi final.

*puts on petty hat*

I hope Dublin annihilate Kerry in the final...I mean really hammer them.

*puts on petty hat*

I hope Dublin annihilate Kerry in the final...I mean really hammer them.

Dublin will have them beat by half time, especially if Kerry play anything like the first half today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If you like Noir...and you don’t mind subtitles (or can understand German)...then Babylon Berlin is great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

It’s probably a good thing. The GAA don’t care about complaints from fans but they certainly care about bottom line. Attendance today down almost 20,000 from Kerry Tyrone semi final four years ago, at €50 a pop that’s nearly a million euro.

They are lucky Mayo went on a run this year or it would be real disastrous stuff, only 45k attended Dublin Galway semi last year. Falling income will force the GAA to try something to even up the playing field a bit.

That stupid fcuking Horizon box is turning itself on and off constantly and when it does stay on it won't show any tv guide or won't change channels.
    So I'm after ordering sky....16 quid a month for 6 months and then 32 after that!! Bargain for a tv service that actually works.
    God that Horizon is a piece of junk.

• Advertisement

That stupid fcuking Horizon box is turning itself on and off constantly and when it does stay on it won't show any tv guide or won't change channels.
    So I'm after ordering sky....16 quid a month for 6 months and then 32 after that!! Bargain for a tv service that actually works.

Can’t believe it took you so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mine is doing that a lot at the moment too, just knocks itself off and takes ages to wake up again. It has one bloody job - provide TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They designed the Horizon box to be everything. Router and TV. But it was a nightmare if you used both because the router always had to be reset which would interrupt recordings or people watching anything. They need to go back to the drawing board with it. Hopefully they are because their Internet is by far the best around

Synode wrote: »
    They designed the Horizon box to be everything. Router and TV. But it was a nightmare if you used both because the router always had to be reset which would interrupt recordings or people watching anything. They need to go back to the drawing board with it. Hopefully they are because their Internet is by far the best around

Siro will overtake their internet when it becomes available more widely. It's more expensive though.

Old car gave up the ghost there last weekend (on the way back from All Together Now no less, some hangover), how the feck do I shop for a new one? I got the last one cheap off my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Old car gave up the ghost there last weekend (on the way back from All Together Now no less, some hangover), how the feck do I shop for a new one? I got the last one cheap off my sister

Is your sister selling again?

are you looking for something cheap or a bit more up market?
    how much do you use it? where do you live (roughly)?

done deal is probably your best bet anyway.

I got the last one cheap off my sister

Must resist.

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Is your sister selling again?

are you looking for something cheap or a bit more up market?
    how much do you use it? where do you live (roughly)?

done deal is probably your best bet anyway.

She is not. Not selling a car anyway.

Looking for something cheap. I've no problem driving a scraped up banger if it runs okay. I'm not a flashy person.

I live in the heart of the D4tress. I'd drive to work ~35km round trip twice a week. WFH the rest of the week. Might take it out at the weekend. So maybe 100km at most per week.

I was looking into PCP as I reckon I don't do much mileage. So much out there on donedeal and adverts. It's very overwhelming. Failing that, I'm considering busing to work and getting a bike.

Looking for something cheap. I've no problem driving a scraped up banger if it runs okay. I'm not a flashy person.

I live in the heart of the D4tress. I'd drive to work ~35km round trip twice a week. WFH the rest of the week. Might take it out at the weekend. So maybe 100km at most per week.

I was looking into PCP as I reckon I don't do much mileage. So much out there on donedeal and adverts. It's very overwhelming. Failing that, I'm considering busing to work and getting a bike.

Get over to the motors forum and look at the bangernomics thread. You'd pick up a cheap motor fierce handy.

• Advertisement

PCP only really for new cars.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement