Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Hmmm. Don't know about that. The satire is absolutely in there but the story doesn't really make sense, like at all. If it was turned a TV show, it would be shockingly bad.

You reckon GTAV is better than RDR2?

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You reckon GTAV is better than RDR2?

Yes, way better .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Get in Mayo. Get in. Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Get in Mayo. Get in. Great win.

Looks like a great competition this year to see who gets runner up.

troyzer wrote: »
    Looks like a great competition this year to see who gets runner up.

Mayo will beat the Dubs and then lose the final.
    Call me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Call me mad.

You’re mad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Two more mass shootings and the NRA spokesmen i.e. the politicians are already out saying it’s too soon to talk about gun control. So predictable that it’s just not funny anymore. Can’t get my head around how the gun lobby justify this stuff to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Call me mad.

They will give Dublin (assuming it’s them) a serious game.

Mayo are massively under rated, Dubs greatest team of all time according to many, yet the same who say that often snort about Mayo, a team that has pushed them all the way on multiple occasions when no-one else has come close.

If they do pull off the upset wouldn’t be sure about them losing the final. Would have them as heavy favourites over Tyrone and small favourites over Kerry.

The Dubs have sent the B team to Tyrone and they’re still winning. Connolly starting and all.

5 in a row no sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Trying to watch the Tyrone Dublin game here on hols.
    My god but the RTE player app is beyond pathetic. It won't load half the time and when I do get it to load it just keeps spinning a little circle for live coverage.
    Dee Forbes looking for an increase in the licence fee? Well she can suck the back end of mine.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Trying to watch the Tyrone Dublin game here on hols.
    My god but the RTE player app is beyond pathetic. It won't load half the time and when I do get it to load it just keeps spinning a little circle for live coverage.
    Dee Forbes looking for an increase in the licence fee? Well she can suck the back end of mine.

You’re not missing much, total non event with both teams already through.

I just used it as an excuse to go to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    You’re not missing much, total non event with both teams already through.

I just used it as an excuse to go to the pub.

Isn't a pub here for miles...Doubt they'd be showing it!! Swim in the pool it is so.

awec wrote: »
    The Dubs have sent the B team to Tyrone and they’re still winning. Connolly starting and all.

5 in a row no sweat.

Tyrone B team too.

Dublin have never dispatched Mayo with ease, no reason to think they will next week.

Mayo have been the only team to put it up to Dublin during this reign of terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Mayo have been the only team to put it up to Dublin during this reign of terror.

Since Jim Gavin took over Dublin, they've played Mayo 14 times and never lost.

Mayo's ability to put it up to Dublin is vastly over stated.

Not in the context of nobody else coming remotely close. Mayo have drawn with them and lost by a point twice in All Ireland finals. No other team has come close to that sort of competitiveness with Dublin, as limited as it is by Mayo never getting a victory over a Jim Gavin led side.

Mayo are also one of only two teams to beat them in Championship since 2011, having knocked them out in the 2012 semi final, albeit obviously significant changes in personnel since then for Dublin especially.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Saw a stat doing the rounds the other day that Mayo had been to 8 of the last 9 semi-finals, and lost to the eventual winners in all but one year.

The truth is the 2015-2017 run would have been a procession similar to 2018 but for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Do you like Mayo thomond?

Do you like Mayo thomond?

Only in his prawn sandwiches...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Only in his prawn pear sandwiches...

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Not in the context of nobody else coming remotely close. Mayo have drawn with them and lost by a point twice in All Ireland finals. No other team has come close to that sort of competitiveness with Dublin, as limited as it is by Mayo never getting a victory over a Jim Gavin led side.

Mayo are also one of only two teams to beat them in Championship since 2011, having knocked them out in the 2012 semi final, albeit obviously significant changes in personnel since then for Dublin especially.

Actually thrice

2013, 2016 replay and 2017 they lost by a point each time. Also drew in 2016 as you say, and also in 2015 semi.

I do think this week may be the time Dublin finally win relatively comfortably however. Mayo's conversion rate is still extremely poor for a top side and the one week break will be very hard to navigate given the intensity displayed last week.

I think Mayo have declined a bit from 2013-2017 aswell. Tom parsons and Jason Doherty have been crucial players in the rivalry who won't be available saturday either. It appears Dublin will have a fully fit and fresh starting 15

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'm a fan of using tickets.ie over TM, but christ they're slow... in the queue for Dublin v Mayo tickets since 10AM and they seem to have worked through about 500 orders in that time.

jr86 wrote: »
    Actually thrice

2013, 2016 replay and 2017 they lost by a point each time. Also drew in 2016 as you say, and also in 2015 semi.

I do think this week may be the time Dublin finally win relatively comfortably however. Mayo's conversion rate is still extremely poor for a top side and the one week break will be very hard to navigate given the intensity displayed last week.

I think Mayo have declined a bit from 2013-2017 aswell. Tom parsons and Jason Doherty have been crucial players in the rivalry who won't be available saturday either. It appears Dublin will have a fully fit and fresh starting 15

Parsons is back actually, he was on the bench Saturday. Jason Doherty is a big loss for them alright.

One week break is one of those things that will be talked about in hindsight, if
    Dublin win easily it will be too short, if there’s an upset it will be Dublin couldn’t reach intensity levels in that time frame and came in a bit cold. If Dublin start as slowly as they did against Galway in last years semi it will give Mayo a real chance.

I would find it hard to say they are not as good as they were from 13-17. They’re certainly carrying more players in their early 30s but their biggest players are in their peak now - Lee Keegan Aidan O’Shea Cillian O’Connor. Paddy Durcan has developed into a serious footballer over the last few seasons too.

They have also found a few younger players such as Matthew Ruane, Fionn Macdonagh and James Carr. Mayo have always had this weird habit of playing to the level of the opposition so barely scraping through qualifiers as they have done earlier on this season is very much the norm. They lifted their performance last weekend and I think they will do so again this weekend.

Parsons is back actually, he was on the bench Saturday. Jason Doherty is a big loss for them alright.

You've a better chance of starting yourself!

Hasn't even played for the club in over a year.

jr86 wrote: »
    You've a better chance of starting yourself!

Hasn't even played for the club in over a year.

Obviously won’t start but he’s in the 26 albeit unlikely to see game time.

Obviously won’t start but he’s in the 26 albeit unlikely to see game time.

The point still stands though, he's an immense loss

Sold out. In a queue since 10am to no avail.

:(

Mayo are some draw for the GAA in fairness, absolute fanatical support

• Advertisement

You have probably seen it already but there is another batch on sale tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement