Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Haven't seen it posted anywhere else on here, but James Haskell has signed to fight with Bellator, the MMA promotion.

https://twitter.com/Bellator_Europe/status/1164464980630093824

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

aloooof wrote: »
    Haven't seen it posted anywhere else on here, but James Haskell has signed to fight with Bellator, the MMA promotion.

https://twitter.com/Bellator_Europe/status/1164464980630093824

He's gonna get the S.H.I.T. kicked out of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Andrew Luck retires at 29 a few weeks before the regular season begins. Massive story in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Andrew Luck retires at 29 a few weeks before the regular season begins. Massive story in the NFL.

Absolutely mental. If he hadn't had such a bad run of injuries because of the absolute dire o-lines Grigson and the rest of the colts front office stuck him behind, I reckon he could've been one of the greatest QBs of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sitting on a flight to head home. 3 seats "A B C" are occupied. Herself and myself are in "D and E".
    Large stupid man stands staring at the row numbers and seat numbers for about 90 seconds saying "I seem to be in 17...F I think"
    Eventually I say to him "you're at the window there... that empty seat". Queue is halfway down the plane.
    Another 10 or 15 seconds then...."would you move over so I can sit on the aisle"

How do people like this live. Do they wear headphones with the phrase "remember to breathe" played on a loop?
    Travel brings out the absolute inner dope on some people.

• Advertisement

Absolutely mental. If he hadn't had such a bad run of injuries because of the absolute dire o-lines Grigson and the rest of the colts front office stuck him behind, I reckon he could've been one of the greatest QBs of the century.

He was fantastic last year when he actually had an offensive line but it looks like the damage was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Big moment in McIlroys career tonight. Out in the final group with Koepka, it happened at the WGC and Koepka won pulling up. Similar outcome tonight would be fairly devestating. Think McIlroy gets it done tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

McIlroy putting on a clinic, will be 15 million better off in a hour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Big moment in McIlroys career tonight. Out in the final group with Koepka, it happened at the WGC and Koepka won pulling up. Similar outcome tonight would be fairly devestating. Think McIlroy gets it done tonight though.

Going well for him so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

mfceiling wrote: »
    Sitting on a flight to head home. 3 seats "A B C" are occupied. Herself and myself are in "D and E".
    Large stupid man stands staring at the row numbers and seat numbers for about 90 seconds saying "I seem to be in 17...F I think"
    Eventually I say to him "you're at the window there... that empty seat". Queue is halfway down the plane.
    Another 10 or 15 seconds then...."would you move over so I can sit on the aisle"

Depending on how he asked it, there are two responses.

a) He's acknowledging that he's a larger bloke and would like the empty seat and asks you would you mind moving given that's the situation.

In which case, up to you, personally wouldn't mind.

b) He's ignorant and stupid and he's saying it in a "I want the aisle seat despite you having booked it" in which case the answer is "Go **** yourself".

• Advertisement

Depending on how he asked it, there are two responses.

a) He's acknowledging that he's a larger bloke and would like the empty seat and asks you would you mind moving given that's the situation.

In which case, up to you, personally wouldn't mind.

b) He's ignorant and stupid and he's saying it in a "I want the aisle seat despite you having booked it" in which case the answer is "Go **** yourself".

I was p*ssed off at his stupidity so I moved in to speed it up. She moaned cause she paid for an aisle seat (I didn't know that).
    In fairness when he got off he had some sort of a walking difficulty so I gave him a pass.... it was only a 2hr 20 min flight.

On a side note....Lisbon is an absolutely cracking city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Surely if you’re massive and have a walking disability you make sure you have an appropriate seat in advance of standing in the aisle blocking the flight

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Surely if you’re massive and have a walking disability you make sure you have an appropriate seat in advance of standing in the aisle blocking the flight

You'd think that. But then you probably work with reason and logic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you kebab lovers rate Zaytoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Stheno wrote: »

Yes, they are amazing kebabs. Want one now in fact .... drools on his phone

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nope, absolute muck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Nope, absolute muck.

I am not alone :) ate there for the first time today

You don't go to Zaytoon for the taste or quality, you go when you're starving or drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

You don't go to Zaytoon for the taste or quality, you go when you're starving and drunk.

Fixed that for you.

You don't go to Zaytoon for the taste or quality, you go when you're starving or drunk.

I was starving but sober

It was vile

• Advertisement

Best kebab in dublin. That isn't saying a whole lot though.

When to go to Europe and eat the kebabs there, they are incomparable to the muck served here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

mfceiling wrote: »
    You'd think that. But then you probably work with reason and logic.

While it is increasingly rare, there are still people who just don't fly and get pretty confused by the experience. This was probably not the situation just on the bounds of probability but you'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Kebabs are bad and people who like them are bad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

When to go to Europe and eat the kebabs there, they are incomparable to the muck served here.

I'm not mad into kebabs, but got one from a small Turkish restaurant one night off a side street in Cologne a few years ago and have never tasted anything close to it since.

I'm not mad into kebabs, but got one from a small Turkish restaurant one night off a side street in Cologne a few years ago and have never tasted anything close to it since.

There are a pike of Turkisk kebab places in Malta they are Devine.

On another topic can I stream music from spotify on my phone to some sort of speaker in a room and if so what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There are a pike of Turkisk kebab places in Malta they are Devine.

On another topic can I stream music from spotify on my phone to some sort of speaker in a room and if so what?

Any kind of speaker that can connect either to your phone via bluetooth or up to the wifi will do the job. Depends how nice a one you want really and whether you would like it to be portable and battery powered also.

I have a Sony XRS-SB30 which I'm very fond of as it has a massive battery life (24 hours or something silly), is waterproof and has great sound for its size. But you can get much better ones if they are going to be plugged in and not moving (e.g. Bose Soundtouch 30).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If you buy a chromecast audio (it's a 20en dongle that plugs into the AUX in on nearly any speaker) you can connect it to WiFi and control it from your phone. Crystal clear audio from Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I eat Zaytoon a fair amount. Sober and Drunk. Pretty decent. Passion4Food and Rotana also do decent Kebabs in the area.

• Advertisement

Berlin for me. €6 for a crunchy flavoursome kebab.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement