Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bazzo wrote: »
    Sure you Australians have some absolutely disgraceful politicians

I agree. Some really dodgy bastards in Aussie politics. Interestingly, a lot of their Prime Ministers were of Irish descent. :D
    Did you know that about 30% of Aussies claim Irish ancestry? The missus and I went to the EPIC museum last week. It is brilliant. I would highly recommend it to visitors and locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Stheno wrote: »
    The Chernobyl series just gets more depressing

I'm tempted to watch it but I'm trying to hold out till the season is complete so I can truly binge on it. Its a mini-series like Band of Brothers isn't it?

It's only five episodes. Will be done next week. I'm not sure I'd binge it. It is so dark that I think you need breaks. Plus unlike following GoT or Westworld where the theories and analysis between episodes are annoying. In chernobyl between episodes there are really interesting deep dives into the history including an accompanying one hour podcast where the show runner talks about what real events they had to edit for TV. Super cool.

It keeps getting harder to watch, but I want to watch it all the same.

Some very difficult themes in last nights episode, it's just grim and harrowing and far too real.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yep...A cordless drill driver. Get to b+q and pick up the dewalt 18v drill. It's about 120 quid and will last forever. Lithium batteries so no memory effect. Great investment for any household... She'll be lashing up curtain poles in no time!!

Thanks for the recommendation. Picked one up this week. Huge improvement on the yoke I had before

• Administrators Posts: 53,451 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Zzippy wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation. Picked one up this week. Huge improvement on the yoke I had before

Also bought one. Some job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Zzippy wrote: »

Killer is that the batteries are compatible with all their other 18v stuff. You'll be buying saws, radios and all manner of tools now!!
    www.dewalt.ie

Just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That was a dreadful first half of football

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

swiwi_ wrote: »
    That was a dreadful first half of football

Been a dreadful second half as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Football. Still ballox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Delighted for Liverpool and Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

was a fun champions league but that final was rubbish
    I know its the new rule but the penalty was just dumb

• Administrators Posts: 53,451 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Virgil Van Dijk is the best 75 million ever spent.

Best centre half in the world right now. Better than Varane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The referee in Katie Taylor’s fight is called Sparkle Lee, seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Unbelievable fight

Think Taylor definitely lost that fight no matter what the judges said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Thought it was really close scoring round by round. Would like to see stats on round by round basis, thought Taylor was landing more in the first five or six rounds and Persoon was being given some of those rounds by analysts because it was closer than expected. If it was being scored overall Persoon would be the victor but could easily see a reasonable case for Taylor having won five or even six rounds.

Taylor needs to be smarter though, she was definitely the better boxer and allowed herself to be dragged into a brawl. Don’t know if it’s wanting to entertain or just feeling need to fight but very costly. Had she been smart and boxed it would have been Persoon out on her feet and clinging on at the end rather than vice versa.

They should do a rematch, sure it’s a risk but not doing so will taint Taylor’s legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Jaysus. Ruiz knocks down Joshua twice in Round three after being knocked down himself.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Thought it was really close scoring round by round. Would like to see stats on round by round basis, thought Taylor was landing more in the first five or six rounds and Persoon was being given some of those rounds by analysts because it was closer than expected. If it was being scored overall Persoon would be the victor but could easily see a reasonable case for Taylor having won five or even six rounds.

Taylor needs to be smarter though, she was definitely the better boxer and allowed herself to be dragged into a brawl. Don’t know if it’s wanting to entertain or just feeling need to fight but very costly. Had she been smart and boxed it would have been Persoon out on her feet and clinging on at the end rather than vice versa.

They should do a rematch, sure it’s a risk but not doing so will taint Taylor’s legacy.

Yeah I’d agree on all that, especially the legacy bit. Think it was a little bit of arrogance on Katie’s part, wanting to prove she could scrap, rather than just boxing clever. I assume if there is a rematch she will learn from her mistakes. Persoon had every right to be upset, but as you say Katie was certainly landing way more clean shots at the start, so maybe she did get enough rounds to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

To be honest watching it in the pub with no commentary I was pretty shocked when Taylor won, thought she'd lost for sure.

Ruiz is an absolute legend. Knowing nothing about him I spent the entire day pulling the piss out of him and saying he was going to get his head kicked in. How wrong was I?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bazzo wrote: »
    To be honest watching it in the pub with no commentary I was pretty shocked when Taylor won, thought she'd lost for sure.

Ruiz is an absolute legend. Knowing nothing about him I spent the entire day pulling the piss out of him and saying he was going to get his head kicked in. How wrong was I?

I'd said to the lads in work it wasn't even worth staying up to watch the Joshua fight because you knew Joshua was going to have him done in within a couple rounds.

I also said spurs were going to win.

So I'm not going back to the office on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Also happen to be fortunate enough to live in Liverpool at the moment, the place was absolutely mental last night. Never seen anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

wp_rathead wrote: »
    was a fun champions league but that final was rubbish
    I know its the new rule but the penalty was just dumb

What new rule? Clear peno for me. He had his arm up in the air. You do that and your asking for trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Waterford not at the races after an initial salvo but a good win for Limerick all the same.

Ok so can someone help me out, how do you put people on ignore with this retarded touch site? Since Boards seems to no longer allow me to use any other version.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ok so can someone help me out, how do you put people on ignore with this retarded touch site? Since Boards seems to no longer allow me to use any other version.

You can't, you have to go to the full site and then revert to touch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you scroll down to the bottom have you not got an option to choose full site?

If you scroll down to the bottom have you not got an option to choose full site?

There is only an option to choose the legacy site, which doesn’t actually do anything since last week. It used to work but stopped working or being supported, not sure which. Thus I’m stuck with this touch site, which I hate. To top that off, when I click on the user names it does nothing, so I can’t ignore people anymore. It’s all Awec’s fault!

You can't, you have to go to the full site and then revert to touch.
    If I could get the full site I wouldn’t be using touch lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If I could get the full site I wouldn’t be using touch lol

Clear cache/cookies

• Advertisement

Clear cache/cookies

Genius :) why didn’t I think of that. Worked a charm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement