Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

stephen_n wrote: »
    Genius :) why didn’t I think of that. Worked a charm.

Sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Stheno wrote: »
    Sarcasm?

No genuinely it did work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

stephen_n wrote: »
    No genuinely it did work.

I'd some weird **** last week where I was on the full site and it worked for me

I'd some weird **** last week where I was on the full site and it worked for me

Thought an iOS update had knocked it out, never thought of the cache.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It feels like development of the site was abandoned a long time ago, tbh. Not having vast chunks of the functionality on the mobile site in this day and age is disappointing at best.

• Advertisement

dregin wrote: »
    It feels like development of the site was abandoned a long time ago, tbh. Not having vast chunks of the functionality on the mobile site in this day and age is disappointing at best.

Probably doesn’t generate enough revenue to warrant the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

dregin wrote: »

I think they tried about a year or two ago to launch the 'responsive' site and mobile app, but both were absolutely terrible and nobody used it.

It's still very much the same stock BB Forum framework that's been in place for the last ten years or so, with minor tweaks.

I guess the argument would be that an online forum isn't hugely profitable without adding some sort of subscription tier package for premium features etc (even though there is some sort of weird subscription thing for boards anyways).

And so it ends. My only regret about Chernobyl is not recording it. The end credits summed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone going to Slane at the weekend?

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Would rather wire my nipples to an electric fence than visit Slane again.

There are probably only 1, maybe 2 bands that would ever get me back to that field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

And so it ends. My only regret about Chernobyl is not recording it. The end credits summed it up

The best series I have seen in years.

awec wrote: »
    Would rather wire my nipples to an electric fence than visit Slane again.

There are probably only 1, maybe 2 bands that would ever get me back to that field.
    Fair enough....
    Im working there for Metallica Saturday. first time there as well.

The best series I have seen in years.

Completely enthralling watching it was having time suspended

Fair enough....
    Im working there for Metallica Saturday. first time there as well.

Once you're in the venue it's grand, once it doesn't rain. But getting there and getting out is a absolute disaster of epic proportions.

Once you're in the venue it's grand, once it doesn't rain. But getting there and getting out is a absolute disaster of epic proportions.
    going there early and have transport and am at snow patrol the night before as well. not too pushed about getting there as wont be driving myself

going there early and have transport and am at snow patrol the night before as well. not too pushed about getting there as wont be driving myself

Snow Patrol?

That'll be exciting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Snow Patrol?

That'll be exciting.

Behave! :D

Snow Patrol?

That'll be exciting.
    could be worse. worked forbidden fruit at the weekend and have fleetwood mac/mumford sons/noel gallagher the week after

could be worse. worked forbidden fruit at the weekend and have fleetwood mac/mumford sons/noel gallagher the week after

Where are Fleetwood Mac playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Where are Fleetwood Mac playing?

RDS

Planning on it, but won't lie, I'm far too old for the sloppy mess it turns into if it's raining. Would strongly consider just not going if the weather's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Yup.

I've suspected this for a long time Thomond.
    Now I think it can be declared.

You're an event junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it. Never been to Slane before. I've heard so many horror stories about it that Metallica are one of the few bands that would get me there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I'll be there. Really looking forward to it. Never been to Slane before. I've heard so many horror stories about it that Metallica are one of the few bands that would get me there.

Ah, Slane on a good day is absolutely fantastic to be fair. Getting home can be irritating and on a wet day its not much fun though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Been to Slane a few times, yeah the walk is a pain but it's not as bad as some people make out. IMO the venue itself is great, the natural amphitheatre down to the stage, and if you get the weather it's fantastic. I'm kinda gone past the stage of getting to live gigs but Id love to see Metallica, played one of their songs in the church for our wedding...

Thomond the food is probably crap so best to pack a bacon and pear sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's a long day and a good trek to get to the site and out at the end. Just accept that you're going to be walking for 1-2 hours to clear the site after the gig and it's fine. When it's good, it's great.

If it lashes, it will be fairly f*cking miserable though. For Metallica and the older crowd they may attract, I'd readily believe that a good few thousand people won't bother showing up.

I've seen Metallica a few times now. They never put on a bad show. I'm mostly going for Ghost, though as they've never played Ireland before. Stiff Little Fingers are still awesome. Looking forward to seeing them on the bigger stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The missus hates Slane after going to a couple of gigs there in the past. She did want to see Metallica was was on the fence because it was Slane. Only managed to convince her by getting the VIP tickets. Anyone know what the VIP area is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The missus hates Slane after going to a couple of gigs there in the past. She did want to see Metallica was was on the fence because it was Slane. Only managed to convince her by getting the VIP tickets. Anyone know what the VIP area is like?

Basically the north/south stand from the RDS set up on the slope towards the castle. I believe there is a separate vendor area with beer tents, food stalls etc. too. Definitely should improve the day if the weather is poor as you won't be slumming it down in the mudbowl. Not sure it's going to improve access in/out of the venue much though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement