Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Nice gesture kuang. I remember working on a lads house years ago and he landed with a massive tray of rashers and sausages at 9 in the morning. Barely had it eaten when he landed again with rice and chicken curry!!
    Was only there for a day...Should have took a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If you tap the spoiler text on the touch site then it should appear.

Touch hurts my eyes too much to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Ruby Walsh has just announced his retirement , effective immediately it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

That Messi free kick.

It's a joy to watch someone so good just do their thing. I don't care what it is.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

troyzer wrote: »
    That Messi free kick.

It's a joy to watch someone so good just do their thing. I don't care what it is.

Tie is over now.

Messi is just great to watch, but he was pretty average by his standards tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

troyzer wrote: »
    That Messi free kick.

Incredible free kick

awec wrote: »
    Tie is over now.

Messi is just great to watch, but he was pretty average by his standards tonight.

Tie probably is over because Barcelona are bound to score at Anfield. But I wouldn't put it past Liverpool to score 3. They should have scored 3 tonight! Mane in the first half, Miller's shot straight at the keeper and Salah inexplicably hitting the post with the goal at his mercy.

It was a great match for what ended up a 3-0 drubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Ruby Walsh has just announced his retirement , effective immediately it seems.
    Yeah i was on track in punchestown working when he announced it. Was some way to announce it.
    F....r cost me €50 quid with that win though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

bilston wrote: »
    Tie probably is over because Barcelona are bound to score at Anfield. But I wouldn't put it past Liverpool to score 3. They should have scored 3 tonight! Mane in the first half, Miller's shot straight at the keeper and Salah inexplicably hitting the post with the goal at his mercy.

It was a great match for what ended up a 3-0 drubbing

Was a flattering enough result for Barca but them's often the breaks in cup competitions. In the league a loss is a loss, you just move on to the next game

It's hard to fathom how a side who'll probably end up on 97 points and with only 1 defeat is almost certain to fail to win the league but that's the bar City have set

That said I do think the key game was the Liverpool/Leicester game the day after City lost to Newcastle in January (actually the last time City dropped points)

That was the day for Liverpool to make a statement and go 7 clear. Instead they played out a turgid draw and followed it up with another against West Ham in the next game. That's when the league was really lost imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

RIP Chewie

• Advertisement

DIY types... is there such a thing as a cordless drill that can also be used as a power screwdriver?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭OldRio

Yes, plenty about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

DIY types... is there such a thing as a cordless drill that can also be used as a power screwdriver?

Man card rescinded.

Buer wrote: »
    Man card rescinded.

I've always done it the old fashioned way, none of this electric screwdriver business.

I've always done it the old fashioned way, none of this electric screwdriver business.

Yep...A cordless drill driver. Get to b+q and pick up the dewalt 18v drill. It's about 120 quid and will last forever. Lithium batteries so no memory effect. Great investment for any household... She'll be lashing up curtain poles in no time!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yep...A cordless drill driver. Get to b+q and pick up the dewalt 18v drill. It's about 120 quid and will last forever. Lithium batteries so no memory effect. Great investment for any household... She'll be lashing up curtain poles in no time!!

This one?

https://www.woodies.ie/diy/powertools-and-accessories/powertools/dewalt-18v-xr-brushless-lithium-ion-combi-drill-2-x-1-5-ah-1147998

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Have these. Do the job nicely.

https://www.diy.com/departments/dewalt-xr-cordless-18v-1-3ah-li-ion-combi-drill-1-battery-dcd776c1-gb/765799_BQ.prd and https://www.diy.com/departments/dewalt-mixed-drill-bits-100-set/1113620_BQ.prd?rrec=true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Buer wrote: »
    Man card rescinded.

You’ve clearly never met him if you thought he had one to lose.

That's the one!! Plenty strong for any jobs around the house...Building flat pack furniture, putting up curtain poles or pretending it's a gun (I would never do that).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mfceiling wrote: »
    That's the one!! Plenty strong for any jobs around the house...Building flat pack furniture, putting up curtain poles or pretending it's a gun (I would never do that).

My mother now prefaces a trip down to see her with "will you bring your tool box" after I installed a shower door for her and put up curtain tiebacks :rolleyes:

Stheno wrote: »
    My mother now prefaces a trip down to see her with "will you bring your tool box" after I installed a shower door for her and put up curtain tiebacks :rolleyes:

Stheno you truly are a woman of great deeds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

Ask for a drill-driver Awec

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Have just heard Theresa May on the radio in the car saying that the huge losses the Tories and Labour have taken is a clear message from the people: Brexit needs to be delivered.

You couldn't ****ing make it up :pac:

Bazzo wrote: »
    Have just heard Theresa May on the radio in the car saying that the huge losses the Tories and Labour have taken is a clear message from the people: Brexit needs to be delivered.

You couldn't ****ing make it up :pac:

Lib Dems (the most pro Europe party) make massive gains at the expense of her party = people want my version of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How does this marry with the Brexit Party being likely to win the most European seats (per the bookies)?

How does this marry with the Brexit Party being likely to win the most European seats (per the bookies)?

People actually care about their councils and how they're run whereas the sort of people who will vote for the Brexit party are exactly those who think MEPs have no power anyway and it's just a protest vote.

On the diy front anyone here ever built a gravel or c cobblestone patio?

This is the key point. The Brexit Party didn't stand into these elections. The Euro elections may be very different, although I hope not.

As far as I'm concerned the biggest story of these elections (from NI/Irish perspective) was Alison Bennington. I'm not sure why she would represent the party she does, but she does represent them and the reaction of some within that party to her election is very interesting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement