Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

clacla82 wrote: »
    I have actually added back in vitamin B6 the past few days as it is supposed to help with nausea, so might be worth a try if anyone suffering.

Had our second scan in EPU today and the little peanut is flying it! Going to really relax and start to enjoy this now. Due date still October 9...my birthday is 23rd so baby could well hang on for then!

Hey do you mind me asking what you saw on the scan? Did it still just look like a blob? You’re about a week ahead of me, but we have our first scan tomorrow (private) and I should be about 8 weeks. Am interested to hear what we might see!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Hey do you mind me asking what you saw on the scan? Did it still just look like a blob? You’re about a week ahead of me, but we have our first scan tomorrow (private) and I should be about 8 weeks. Am interested to hear what we might see!

No problem! So at 6wks 2 days we saw the sac, and a little speck which was the embryo but you could actually visually see the heartbeat too.... I am 8+6 today and we could see the little foetus, not in any great detail but saw the heart beating again and the difference in size was amazing. Midwife gave us the little fuzzy pic to take home, it's in my wallet and I keep taking it out to look at it!

I know the baby is growing so fast there will probably be a big difference between 8wks and 9 wks but I also hear from friends that the US machines in hospitals aren't great so if you are having a private scan it will be infinitely clearer. We are heading to Evie on Thursday for the Panorama test and they scan first too so looking forward to seeing a much clearer picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Scan on Thursday. Much more anxious than I was last week so I’m delighted to be back at work so I can be distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

SuzieQCork wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!! Got my BFP Wednesday last week the day AF was due!!
    kylith wrote: »
    New here! I'm due early October and, well, was kinda afraid that posting here would be tempting fate somewhat. Silly I know.

Big congrats SuzieQ and kylith! Welcome to the thread!

I have just booked my appointment to my doc for this Friday. I'll be 7 weeks. Time to get the ball rolling! I feel it'll make everything much more real! Planning to go to OLOL in Drogheda as I had my other 2 there, and found the care brilliant!

Symptoms-wise, I'm still waiting on nausea to hit properly. I'm getting the odd wave, mainly when I'm hungry, but nothing like I had on the other two. Probably early days though. I'll be kicking myself in another couple of weeks when I'm feeling desperate. What's different this time is that my boobs have already gone up one cup size, they are killing me, and so so itchy! I'm having to pour on the bio-oil twice a day!

I'm not planning on any private scans here. I know I'll be scanned at my booking appointment at about 12 weeks so will wait til then.

I take Boots pregnancy multivitamins. I was taking the conception ones and am switching over to the pregnancy ones at the end of the week when my pack runs out. I took them on both previous pregnancies with no side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

Jodee08 wrote: »
    Big congrats SuzieQ and kylith! Welcome to the thread!

I have just booked my appointment to my doc for this Friday. I'll be 7 weeks. Time to get the ball rolling! I feel it'll make everything much more real! Planning to go to OLOL in Drogheda as I had my other 2 there, and found the care brilliant!

Symptoms-wise, I'm still waiting on nausea to hit properly. I'm getting the odd wave, mainly when I'm hungry, but nothing like I had on the other two. Probably early days though. I'll be kicking myself in another couple of weeks when I'm feeling desperate. What's different this time is that my boobs have already gone up one cup size, they are killing me, and so so itchy! I'm having to pour on the bio-oil twice a day!

I'm not planning on any private scans here. I know I'll be scanned at my booking appointment at about 12 weeks so will wait til then.

I take Boots pregnancy multivitamins. I was taking the conception ones and am switching over to the pregnancy ones at the end of the week when my pack runs out. I took them on both previous pregnancies with no side effects.

Thanks Jodee :) Delighted to finally be here!!

Oh thank god Im not the only one! My boobs are killing me too. I dont think they have gone up a size they are just so sensitive. I dont really have any other symptoms. I am eating all around me but i think its coz I have not been eating enough, I havnt had a chance to do a big shop with the storm so have no fruit or veg in the house. Gonna do one tonight after work. Gotta get on top of this healthy eating business.

I hoping to get an early scan in the coming weeks. Piece of mind will be nice!

• Advertisement

Welcome to the new preggos!

Sorry I’ve been pretty quiet - just home from work and am in bed with my head under the covers, caught up between exhaustion, nausea and melodrama, desperately hungry which isn’t helping the nausea but I’m feeling too sorry for myself to get up and move!

Praying the husband comes home soon with food. We have ate nothing but ****e the last few days with the weather as it was and I’m too focused on being miserable to do a food shop!

My wee boy has been with my parents for five days so I’m gonna have to catch myself on tomorrow when I go to collect him and start being a responsible adult again.

But until then, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Sorry I’ve been pretty quiet - just home from work and am in bed with my head under the covers, caught up between exhaustion, nausea and melodrama, desperately hungry which isn’t helping the nausea but I’m feeling too sorry for myself to get up and move!
    Praying the husband comes home soon with food. We have ate nothing but ****e the last few days with the weather as it was and I’m too focused on being miserable to do a food shop!
    My wee boy has been with my parents for five days so I’m gonna have to catch myself on tomorrow when I go to collect him and start being a responsible adult again.
    But until then, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain! Enjoy being able to wallow in self - pity while you can. :-) I was so fed up being sick and hungry over the weekend. Had to suck it up and get quietly on with it today at work. Only my boss knows so when he asked how I am I took the opportunity to let him know what a hero I am. :-D

I don't know how women with small kids continue to function during the nausea of subsequent pregnancies. Maybe first time labour toughens you up!

Well full blown meltdown here tonight. Wiped the tiniest bit of pink about two hours ago. Nothing since. No pain or anything else.

But after last year I’m completely and utterly losing it. Haven’t stopped crying. Private scan Thursday so just trying to hold it together until then. Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Got some bad news at home and I don't know if it's that or the pregnancy but I feel absolutely rotten all day. Felt like fainting and puking a few times. At one point I just had to drop to the ground :( I had managed to avoid any morning sickness until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Well full blown meltdown here tonight. Wiped the tiniest bit of pink about two hours ago. Nothing since. No pain or anything else.

But after last year I’m completely and utterly losing it. Haven’t stopped crying. Private scan Thursday so just trying to hold it together until then. Fml

mirrorwall, don’t panic yet. I had the same at 5 weeks and again at 6 weeks and ended up in the EPU. All was fine. As long as it’s not like a period you should be ok x

• Advertisement

I’m in a Facebook group and LOADS of the girls have had spotting. They all invariably had a scan and it was fine, with the advice from the hospital being that unless you’re bleeding enough to soak through 3-4 sanitary towels, it’s nothing to worry about.

So please try to keep reminding yourself of that. And if you’re really worried, just head into the EPU. They’d much rather see you and reassure you that all is fine, than have you in total mental torment for three days.

I’m in a Facebook group and LOADS of the girls have had spotting. They all invariably had a scan and it was fine, with the advice from the hospital being that unless you’re bleeding enough to soak through 3-4 sanitary towels, it’s nothing to worry about.

So please try to keep reminding yourself of that. And if you’re really worried, just head into the EPU. They’d much rather see you and reassure you that all is fine, than have you in total mental torment for three days.

I had a pretty horrible phone call with a midwife in emergency when I miscarried so I don’t really want to ring/go in. Or maybe I do. Or I don’t. Who knows, head is all over the shop if you get me.

Academically I know lots of women spot, I know unless I’m filling a pad it’s not serious and I know they can’t do anything anyways. But that’s not what you feel unfortunately

lunamoon wrote: »
    Got some bad news at home and I don't know if it's that or the pregnancy but I feel absolutely rotten all day. Felt like fainting and puking a few times. At one point I just had to drop to the ground :( I had managed to avoid any morning sickness until today.

Awh hope you are ok xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Mirrorwall please don't stress too much.

Catriona and I must be in the same Facebook group as I was told about the 3/4 pads thing when I went into the Coombe last Monday. If you're really worried then go to the Emergency room in the Coombe tomorrow morning. You may have to wait an hour or two but better that then waiting until Thursday.

Calming down a little now. Shower helped a lot. Also (TMI) but just went to the bathroom again and it stung like the devil in a particular spot so possibly I just scratched a little and thats what I saw. Absolutely nothing there now. I'm allowing myself to calm down until such time as it happens again. Or at least I'm going to try to

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Jumping in from he September thread, call and go to the hospital would be my suggestion. I had the same two weeks ago and it was the best thing I did. Like you I was in a panic.
    Even the nurse on the phone said to come straight away. In the end everything was alright luckily, but you can't be sure unless you go.

Don't mean to freak you out, but at least have it checked. Even if you have a scan on Thursday.
    They might give you an extra scan in the EPU, but do have it checked.

Hope it all will go well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I just go in Mirrorwall.Three pregnancies, every time it happened on them.I just headed for the emergency room every time.Didn't bother calling.Your signs are good with nausea etc but doesn't matter.If I were you I'd head in anyway.What have you got to lose.

Thanks girls. In the evening it’s just too awkward, husband wouldn’t sleep worrying but toddler has to be minded. Nothing has happened since. If it does i’ll go during child minding hours tomorrow, promise

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I don’t have FB anymore but was wondering how this group works. Is it private? Can your friends not see you’ve joined it?

No problems this morning at all or over night. Rang the Coombe and they say no need to worry, come in if its consistent bleeding but otherwise is normal. I'm actually all good about it today. I guess really things haven't changed, its still a waiting game

• Advertisement

lunamoon wrote: »
    I don’t have FB anymore but was wondering how this group works. Is it private? Can your friends not see you’ve joined it?

No it’s a secret, closed group!

Had a wee peek at the blob today. Well, two blobs - a head blob and a body blob, with a few wee pointy bits which are the beginnings of arms and legs. Heart beating away and measuring 8 weeks exactly. She said the risk of MC is now extremely low. Wahoo!!! I’ve been feeling pretty miserable with the sickness, but this gave me a lovely lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't have MS, but I just can't look at food today. It started last night with an inability to bring myself to swallow and now even the thought of eating makes me want to throw up. I've managed to eat a couple of falafels, a jambon (because who can ever say no to a jambon?) and a Giant bar, but I'm dreading OH asking me what the dinner plan is because the plan is currently 'stare at ingredients with churning stomach, eat popcorn'.

I don't have MS, but I just can't look at food today. It started last night with an inability to bring myself to swallow and now even the thought of eating makes me want to throw up. I've managed to eat a couple of falafels, a jambon (because who can ever say no to a jambon?) and a Giant bar, but I'm dreading OH asking me what the dinner plan is because the plan is currently 'stare at ingredients with churning stomach, eat popcorn'.

That’s been me for two weeks now and it sucks!.
    I’m surviving on chocolate, popcorn, toasted sandwiches and soup. That seems to be all that’s appealing. Takeaway makes me want to throw up, even the smell. All cooked food more or less is making feel sick. Even sausage rolls which are a treat on a Friday morning had to be chucked in the bin because I couldn’t do it

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

That doesn't fun at all.
    I haven't had my normal appetite for a few days now and it's so annoying as I haven't gained any weight at all and I upped my calorie intake by 300. The little one is taking it all I guess which in a way is good?

I have my booking scan tomorrow so I'll ask about that. If I'd have to eat even more I don't know how I'm going to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Nessel wrote: »
    That doesn't fun at all.
    I haven't had my normal appetite for a few days now and it's so annoying as I haven't gained any weight at all and I upped my calorie intake by 300. The little one is taking it all I guess which in a way is good?

I have my booking scan tomorrow so I'll ask about that. If I'd have to eat even more I don't know how I'm going to do that!

Do you want to gain weight? You generally wouldn’t gain pregancy weight until the second trimester either. You don’t really need extra calories as the start when the baby is so small. By the end, that’s another matter altogether! I was eating all around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

kylith wrote:

Ice pops saved the day for me today. It's been 10 days since I've eaten anything ressembling a normal meal, but I have noticed that cool things seem to calm my stomach (for about 2 seconds when the coolness hits initially.) This morning I bought a box of Loop the Loops, hoping that I'd get a break from the churning and discomfort. Ate the ice pop, that paved the way for a few chocolate rice cakes. Then I managed a few crackers and a clementine, so snacking pretty much all morning, but by the time lunch time came around, I actually felt like I could face food. Got a box of potatoes, pasta and veg from KC Peaches and ate it all. That was my most substantial meal in 10 days! Felt amazing to be eating again. :-)

So ice pops for me for breakfast tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

bee06 wrote: »
    Do you want to gain weight? You generally wouldn’t gain pregancy weight until the second trimester either. You don’t really need extra calories as the start when the baby is so small. By the end, that’s another matter altogether! I was eating all around me.

Just jumping in from the Sept thread to say that anything between 1 and 5 lbs in the first trimester is normal, I put on the full 5 in my first pregnancy and about 3 this time but everyone is different. It's not a bad sign if you don't gain much weight yet @Nessel, I didn't gain for 3 weeks in a row and thought there was something wrong but all good on the scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can anyone give any advice on losing weight during pregnancy? I actually need to lose about 20kg to reach a healthy weight, but obviously strict diets and hard exercise are right out. I've been in the habit of aiming for about 1600c per day and have been eating as normal (when I can eat) up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Can anyone give any advice on losing weight during pregnancy? I actually need to lose about 20kg to reach a healthy weight, but obviously strict diets and hard exercise are right out. I've been in the habit of aiming for about 1600c per day and have been eating as normal (when I can eat) up to now.

As far as I know kylith, you should’ve attempt to lose weight at all during pregnancy. Perhaps focus on putting on less weight? There are guidelines online on how much to gain depending on your starting weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

You could check with your maternity hospital to see if they have a dietician who could help? CUMH has one anyway.

Advertisement