Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sometimes 'no obvious cause" helps you accept it better!
    By the time I got to the third one, the midwives and doctors I saw were all asking me 'did you ever find out what caused the bleeding?" .....I felt like saying to them "no YOU never found out what caused it...."!
    Glad it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Delighted for you, mirrorwall. I’m so excited and nervous for my scan in the 27th. I kind of feel like it’ll make the whole thing real.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Scan done, everything looks great. Happy to be rescanned at booking in two weeks. No obvious cause for the continued discharge but likely cervix irritation. Ovaries are fine too. Increased folic acid for my BMI and that’s it. Raging with my GP, I asked did I need extra folic acid and he looked at me as if I had ten heads 🙈

That’s fantastic, Mirrorwall! So good to get that peace of mind!

Guestboarder, that’s mad about twins! All the best for the proper scan on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone else is finding it hard to catch their breath?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Panda18 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone else is finding it hard to catch their breath?

If I walking upstairs I'm noticing I'm a little more out of breath than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Yeah, I've got a little breathless on occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

I was in the gym yesterday doing my usual leg day, and I could see from my FitBit that my heart rate was going through the roof, the same as if I was running or even sprinting - and I never get that from doing weights. It's all to do with increased blood flow but as long as you can speak normally - the "talk test" then it's fine. Slow down if you need to!

I’ll be doing the Harbour 2 Harbour tomorrow: all 22km. My GP said it would be fine as long as my heart rate didn’t get too high, so i’m planning on using the talk test there. I’d hate to miss out on it, it’s a matter of pride as blisters stopped me 5k short last year. I figured some women train for marathons while pregnant, so a good walk shouldn’t be too much of an issue, even if i’m a bit out of shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

kylith wrote: »
    I’ll be doing the Harbour 2 Harbour tomorrow: all 22km. My GP said it would be fine as long as my heart rate didn’t get too high, so i’m planning on using the talk test there. I’d hate to miss out on it, it’s a matter of pride as blisters stopped me 5k short last year. I figured some women train for marathons while pregnant, so a good walk shouldn’t be too much of an issue, even if i’m a bit out of shape.

Wow fair play to you, that’s awesome!

We are on a city break in Venice and I’m wrecked from all the walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Hope everyone's enjoying the Bank Holiday Weekend :) Thankfully I don't care for St Patrick's Day or Rugby so don't feel I'm missing out on all the Jameson I could be drinking :P

How are people finding this first trimester waiting game? We paid for an early scan last week at 8w4d which was perfect but now waiting until 13w for dating scan at the Coombe. It just feels so far away. I've sent an enquiry to Evie for a free early scan because I just can't help wondering if anything has changed since last week.

I'm feeling ok with the odd wave of nausea, tired, insomnia and sore boobs so still symptomatic. I know it's all very good that we saw a strong heartbeat last week but another 3 and a half weeks until the next scan seems like forever. I wanted to tell some people at 12weeks that I'll see over Easter but now I'm not so sure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

Hello ladies!! I had my early scan yesterday it was fab! Heard the heartbeat good and strong which is such a relief especially since the doc says I’m not actually as far along as I thought(2 days behind where I thought I was based off ovulation, 2 weeks behind GP who based it off period) so I’m only 7+1 today which makes the baby’s due date November 2nd so I’ve been bumped out of this thread lol! Better go find the November one hahahahaha

Brilliant Susie!

CashQ I was never a paddy’s day person but I am excited about the rugby. Not really missing the alcohol much but that could be to do with the dry heaving that’s going on the last few days! Suuuuper uncomfortable.

I’m finding the wait very long although my booking appointment is the 28th March so it’s not too far away I guess. I’m literally counting down the days though because I’m still spotting. It’s totally headwrecking. Though my mum keeps telling me she bled all the way through her pregnancy with me with no cause ever found

Suzie that's great to hear the heartbeat good and strong. Sure baba might surprise you and come in October anyway!

Oh mirrorwall it must be distressing to still be spotting. Take your mum's advice to heart, it surely must be fine. Especially considering your recent scan went well too. It is so stressful waiting out these weeks. I was so relieved this day last week but it doesn't last long. Then I swing from this anxiety to excitement and wanting to shout it off the rooftops and tell the world but obviously won't do that just yet.

Why can't we all just fast forward to October :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ladies.

Can I join you all. Due the end of September but my first two babies were well overdue so I'm just going to tell everyone it's October.

Will have a read through the rest of the thread.

Any one in kerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Can I join you all. Due the end of September but my first two babies were well overdue so I'm just going to tell everyone it's October.

Any one in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Jumping in from September thread, I'm in Tralee and attending UHK again for my second bábóg. Hope you're well so far! :)

Jumping in from September thread, I'm in Tralee and attending UHK again for my second bábóg. Hope you're well so far! :)

Hi purple good to hear from another in kerry. When are you due? It's been a few years since I've been in there and wondering if much has changed. When did you have your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Hi purple good to hear from another in kerry. When are you due? It's been a few years since I've been in there and wondering if much has changed. When did you have your first?

I'm due the 15th September but will more than likely have to have a scheduled c section 2 weeks prior according to consultant. I had my little girl in July 2016 there and I have to be honest they were great with the baby but aftercare for mother I found very poor. Hoping for a better experience this time around :pac:

Got to 20k on the Harbour 2 Harbour and decided to stop. My hips had started to hurt and I started to feel hot and unwell. I don't feel like I disgraced myself, and now i’m on the way home to have a bit of a nap cos i’m totally wrecked. I’m blaming the wind: it was blowing A gale the whole time, but having it directly in my face from the halfway mark made it much harder than usual.

Kylith well done that's incredible!! It was so bitterly cold today I can't imagine what it was like walking near the coast. Hope you'll be able to relax for the rest of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

kylith wrote: »
    Got to 20k on the Harbour 2 Harbour and decided to stop. My hips had started to hurt and I started to feel hot and unwell. I don't feel like I disgraced myself, and now i’m on the way home to have a bit of a nap cos i’m totally wrecked. I’m blaming the wind: it was blowing A gale the whole time, but having it directly in my face from the halfway mark made it much harder than usual.

Kylith massive well done!!! You certainly did not disgrace yourself, you’re our hero!! Our bodies just aren’t the same as they were a few weeks ago, it’s hard sometimes to accept that. I was in the gym all week and come Friday I couldn’t even walk to the shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

WOW! Well done Kylith! I actually have no idea how you did that!
    I’ve been jogging once a week for well over a year so have been trying to keep that up as long as I can in this pregnancy. I decided to just try do 2km but I couldn’t even keep that going this week!
    Had to stop & walk a couple of times as I started to feel nauseous and figured my body was telling me something!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Lovelemons wrote: »

Any one in kerry

Jumping in from Sept thread too (my edd was 22sept so have been hovering here too but it was moved back to 15th after my scan this week so def a Sept baby)
    Just wanted to say hi and I'm also in Kerry, will be going to KUH. This will be my second there, had no 1 back in 2013.
    Congratulations and best of luck!

Thanks folks. Was kind of thinking I could have done more and wussed out, but it’s reassuring to know that everyone’s having difficulty.

kylith wrote:
    Was kind of thinking I could have done more

Good God no, you did incredible! I walked around the block twice this week and it's the most exercise I did in about 5 weeks. My diet is gone to hell too. I know I should be eating well for the baby but I can't face most food and eating comfort food instead.

Can I increase my risk of Gestational Diabetes by eating poorly?

You did amazing Kylith, well done!

I’m plus size and had a terrible diet from 9-22 weeks last time with vomiting/nausea. Passed the GD test with flying colours at 24 weeks

Ok thanks mirrorwall. I haven't gained weight on the scales but look and feel like I have and it doesn't look like bloating. I'm on a weekend/hangover diet 7 days per week it's a disgrace. Can't manage even pasta one which is one of my favourite foods the thoughts make me feel sick. Been eating a good bit of fruit which is typical for me but no veggies. I am surviving on crap basically!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Ok thanks mirrorwall. I haven't gained weight on the scales but look and feel like I have and it doesn't look like bloating. I'm on a weekend/hangover diet 7 days per week it's a disgrace. Can't manage even pasta one which is one of my favourite foods the thoughts make me feel sick. Been eating a good bit of fruit which is typical for me but no veggies. I am surviving on crap basically!

I have been surviving on carbs and sugar this week. Some weeks will be better than others from what I remember :rolleyes:

Jumping in from Sept thread too (my edd was 22sept so have been hovering here too but it was moved back to 15th after my scan this week so def a Sept baby)
    Just wanted to say hi and I'm also in Kerry, will be going to KUH. This will be my second there, had no 1 back in 2013.
    Congratulations and best of luck!

Thanks babymakesthree. Thats lovely to have one week less to wait than you think. I had an early scan at nine weeks so we are sure of the due date but not that the baby will arrive on time.

• Advertisement

Well done kylith that is fantastic. That is a great achievement.
    I haven't done any walking with about 5 weeks. When I hit week 7 the energy just went away completely and the nausea and vomiting took over. I hope to get back to some exercise soon.

Cash q no veggies or fruit here. I think this baby is mainly existing on sips of 7up. Feel bad but everything I eat makes me feel worse. Hopefully it will ease off soon. Like you I have put on no weight, think I've lost a few pounds but my clothes are still getting tighter. I guess the weight is redistributing.

Advertisement