Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

clacla82 wrote: »
    I feel like I am wishing my life away too, I wake up every day and think it's one day closer to the baby being safer/viable, etc. Please don't worry about the spotting, seems like it could just be your "normal" for this pregnancy. Scan was perfect so you are away in a gallop and so is baby x

Its mad isn't it? Its like we wait for ovulation, wait for a period/lack on one, wait to test, wait for the initial miscarriage stats to drop, wait for the 12 week mark, wait for viability and then wait for baby. Its like one horrible waiting room :D
    Cash_Q wrote: »
    Of course it must be so difficult given your past experience. Glad to hear you've been clear since. I know yeah, the days fly by in work but at home it's like we have every opportunity to second guess everything. Easter holidays will be long but by then we'll be so much further along and every day the baby gets stronger. Enjoy Mothers Day!

Its funny, odds on I wouldn't have even noticed this mornings on my first pregnancy-the naivety :rolleyes:

Yeah, Easter is so close. I'm heading to my parents for 3/4 days the first week and then at the TUI conference for the second week so it'll be ok I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Are you lifting and carrying no.1 Mirrorwall?This was my 'normal' for my pregnancies.Continuous brown on no.1, intermittent on no. 2 and two small episodes on no.3 (plus a bigger episode at 13 weeks after overdoing it walking and christmas shopping one weekend).Always brown, except for that last one mentioned, which turned very red after an internal exam at the hospital (that will always dislodge more blood) and I truly thought that was it.
    Any lifting, carrying had to stop.OH had to carry wash baskets up and down, lift buggies, hoover etc.No shopping trollies either.Had to be done.Anything that stretched or twisted my core resulted in the brown spotting, so for the first few months, I just had to stop it.Even walking a lot could bring on a bit more of it.Also....my mother always said don't squat either ....not 100% sure why....

As I said before, I don't know whether any of those things did much good, but they did help reduce the panic attacks everytime I went to the toilet....I took the continuing nausea as a good sign.But it is so so so nerve wracking.I wanted three kids, and I am obviously hoping all goes well with this third one, but this is most definitely it for us.I can't put myself through the stress of those first few months again, even if I wanted to.

shesty wrote: »
    Are you lifting and carrying no.1 Mirrorwall?This was my 'normal' for my pregnancies.Continuous brown on no.1, intermittent on no. 2 and two small episodes on no.3 (plus a bigger episode at 13 weeks after overdoing it walking and christmas shopping one weekend).Always brown, except for that last one mentioned, which turned very red after an internal exam at the hospital (that will always dislodge more blood) and I truly thought that was it.
    Any lifting, carrying had to stop.OH had to carry wash baskets up and down, lift buggies, hoover etc.No shopping trollies either.Had to be done.Anything that stretched or twisted my core resulted in the brown spotting, so for the first few months, I just had to stop it.Even walking a lot could bring on a bit more of it.Also....my mother always said don't squat either ....not 100% sure why....

As I said before, I don't know whether any of those things did much good, but they did help reduce the panic attacks everytime I went to the toilet....I took the continuing nausea as a good sign.But it is so so so nerve wracking.I wanted three kids, and I am obviously hoping all goes well with this third one, but this is most definitely it for us.I can't put myself through the stress of those first few months again, even if I wanted to.

I'd say yes I am a bit, 3 year old, on and off the toilet and in and out of carseats. Might be worth watching alright to see if its a contributor-I didn't think of that. its back again now. Its pretty much exactly like it was last Monday and that went away so I'll take it properly easy for the next 24hrs and see how it goes then

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

awny wrote: »
    Hi girls, unfortunately I got bad news at my Scan. I was 10+4 today but the baby had stopped growing at 8 ish weeks.

I genuinely wish you all the best for yere pregnancies and I hope all goes well for Ye x

Awny, I am so sorry to hear this. It’s so devastating.
    I’ve had 2 miscarriages previously so I know how awful it is.
    As others have said, be good to yourself.
    x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'd say yes I am a bit, 3 year old, on and off the toilet and in and out of carseats. Might be worth watching alright to see if its a contributor-I didn't think of that. its back again now. Its pretty much exactly like it was last Monday and that went away so I'll take it properly easy for the next 24hrs and see how it goes then

Yeah, I could kind of measure the small increases in it by the level of activity in the previous 24 hours.Was always worse round weekends because there was so much more movement(I have a desk job).Also (TMI) sometimes bowel movements can cause a bit of an increase too.I suppose, at least if you can kind of expect it when you go to the loo, it can help you deal with it mentally ....a bit.

Think positive though, your signs are all good so hopefully it will fade away to nothing over time.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Yeah, I could kind of measure the small increases in it by the level of activity in the previous 24 hours.Was always worse round weekends because there was so much more movement(I have a desk job).Also (TMI) sometimes bowel movements can cause a bit of an increase too.I suppose, at least if you can kind of expect it when you go to the loo, it can help you deal with it mentally ....a bit.

Think positive though, your signs are all good so hopefully it will fade away to nothing over time.

Self imposed slowing down since you suggested that and seems to have been fairly successful. Almost nothing today thank god. Thanks!!

Utterly frustrating especially when you have other kids but hopefully it will help....and just get you through the first trimester anyway and see how you go then.

Yeah. Came home. Picked up three year old without thinking. Two hours later, bathroom trip and bright pink again. Feck.

Can you ask your GP advice on this?
    With a 3 year old at home, is it realistic to not do any lifting?
    Since there does seem to be a connection, I wonder can they confirm if the bleeding actually poses a risk or is it something you’re just gonna have to get used to?

Just posted over in the chat thread. My GP will just refer me to the Coombe (been there) so I think I'm just going to land in. I know I'm not the worst case and the bleeding isn't bad but I'm completely head wrecked with it all and barely functioning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Just posted over in the chat thread. My GP will just refer me to the Coombe (been there) so I think I'm just going to land in. I know I'm not the worst case and the bleeding isn't bad but I'm completely head wrecked with it all and barely functioning

Definitely just present yourself at the Coombe. They can examine you and put your mind at ease. While it's still light and probably just normal you won't relax until the medical staff tell you. When I went in at 7.30am there was only one person ahead of me and I was seen around 9.45, the shift handover was at 8 so that kind of delayed me. They may skip over you for more urgent cases but you should be out within a couple of hours if you get in early. There were at least 6/7 behind me when I left.

And good luck mirrorwall14!!!!

Yes definitely the best idea.They never identified the problem with me mirrorwall.But I usually went in anyway to be sure.If it happens enough, you stop caring what they think and you just head in!And they are usually very good.If nothing else they will likely refer you to their EPU and you will be scanned again in 7-10 days, which will hopefully give you some peace of mind, as it will probably come and go.

I do know people aswell as myself that it was just a feature of their pregnancy that it happened.It's very hard though.

Any experience I have had having to
    go in and get checked, they were always very accommodating.
    They’d rather you went in & got checked, then stayed at home stressing.

The very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi all, new here, due baby on 22nd Oct. this is my 3rd!

Just noticed the last few posts, good luck Mirrorwall14, I hope it all goes well for you x

I’m 8w +2d and the sickness and fatigue has me floored. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t this bad with the last two and was over by week 8 but then again I’ve brutal memory!

Was at the doc this morning to see if maybe my iron is low and may be contributing, she took bloods but also wants me to get an earlier scan to check for twins. Anyone else had this?

She has given me a letter for the A&E in the Coombe as they won’t give an appt for an early scan will need to walk in, but I feel bad walking in and saying I’ve bad morning sickness...that surely doesn’t warrant an assessment??
    What would you ladies do? X

Congratulations! Go. Honestly. I hemmed and hawed about it for two weeks now. They were absolutely lovely in there last night and when I mentioned I felt so bad as there wasn't too much wrong with me I got told I was being silly. We're all pregnant, everything needs to be checked and I was in exactly the right place.

On an aside my husband is now running my life, in a good way. He's cooking since everything is turning my stomach although actually the nausea is improving. Shopping was ordered from tesco and arrived today. I'm under orders to lift absolutely nothing including our three year old. And the bleed has given way to very light old spotting so I'll take the advice

Delighted and relieved for you Mirrorwall14.

Welcome guestboarder! I am a twin myself and would so love twins but there's just the one baby on the early scans I've had! Definitely just walk on in there, if your GP is recommending it then that's what you should do. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Delighted to hear all is ok Mirrorwall.

Congratulations! Go. Honestly. I hemmed and hawed about it for two weeks now. They were absolutely lovely in there last night and when I mentioned I felt so bad as there wasn't too much wrong with me I got told I was being silly. We're all pregnant, everything needs to be checked and I was in exactly the right place.

On an aside my husband is now running my life, in a good way. He's cooking since everything is turning my stomach although actually the nausea is improving. Shopping was ordered from tesco and arrived today. I'm under orders to lift absolutely nothing including our three year old. And the bleed has given way to very light old spotting so I'll take the advice

So delighted to hear all went well. You’re absolutely right to take the advice and take it easy x

Thanks for the advice, I am going to go in today, I wonder would evening time be better though, bit quieter, although there may not be someone there to do a scan at that time? Did you go in the evening? X

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Delighted and relieved for you Mirrorwall14.

Welcome guestboarder! I am a twin myself and would so love twins but there's just the one baby on the early scans I've had! Definitely just walk on in there, if your GP is recommending it then that's what you should do. Best of luck with it.

Thanks Cash_Q! Yes I’m going to head in today or this evening I think.
    Awh twins would be lovely but with two littles already, I’m pretty nervous at the prospect!! Will just have to wait and see what the scan shows I guess!! X

• Advertisement

Hi all, new here, due baby on 22nd Oct. this is my 3rd!

Just noticed the last few posts, good luck Mirrorwall14, I hope it all goes well for you x

I’m 8w +2d and the sickness and fatigue has me floored. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t this bad with the last two and was over by week 8 but then again I’ve brutal memory!

Welcome Guestboarder, and congratulations to you. Hope everything goes well this evening for you!

Great news yesterday mirrorwall! Hopefully you can relax now!

Nausea & tiredness have started up for me in the last few days. I'm 7+5 today. The nausea is intermittent but is definitely worse when I'm getting hungry, but then if I eat too much, I feel sick afterwards. Hard to know where the balance is.

Was in bed and asleep by 9pm last night but then was wide awake for 2 hours from 1.30 to 3.30am!

Sent me letter off to the hospital on Monday so hoping to get a date for my booking appointment by the end of the week! Am very tempted to get an early scan elsewhere though, as I'm as freaked as everyone else that this one won't stick.

Jodee08 wrote:
    Was in bed and asleep by 9pm last night but then was wide awake for 2 hours from 1.30 to 3.30am!

Jodee08 wrote:
    Sent me letter off to the hospital on Monday so hoping to get a date for my booking appointment by the end of the week! Am very tempted to get an early scan elsewhere though, as I'm as freaked as everyone else that this one won't stick.

I am awake a couple of hours in the middle of the night too, frustrating but hoping it'll pass soon.

We had a scan at 8w5d in Ultrascan in Ballymount it was 100euro and worth every cent for the reassurance and the excitement of seeing the heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I too am not sleepy very well, mostly because of really insane dreams.

So delighted to hear all went well. You’re absolutely right to take the advice and take it easy x

Thanks for the advice, I am going to go in today, I wonder would evening time be better though, bit quieter, although there may not be someone there to do a scan at that time? Did you go in the evening? X

I got there around 840, was triaged around 9ish and seen properly at 11. It was fairly busy-there were 7 ahead of me. They did the portable scan there and then (with a warning that they may not see anything because its early) but official scan would either have meant being admitted overnight and seen in the morning, or the 48hr wait for EPAU. I took the latter option as I didn't have anything with me and didn't want to spend the night in hospital!

I got there around 840, was triaged around 9ish and seen properly at 11. It was fairly busy-there were 7 ahead of me. They did the portable scan there and then (with a warning that they may not see anything because its early) but official scan would either have meant being admitted overnight and seen in the morning, or the 48hr wait for EPAU. I took the latter option as I didn't have anything with me and didn't want to spend the night in hospital!

Thanks! Went in at 4pm and was seen at about 6.30 so wasn’t too bad.

So the outcome is that it might be twins!
    There were a few indications but they couldn’t confirm for definite as the doc wasn’t experienced enough to say and the scanner wasn’t ideal.
    Basically we could see one baby and a heartbeat and what appeared to be a second sac with a shadow in it, so we don’t know about second baby for sure.
    Have an appt in EPAU on Friday morning.
    It’s all very scary and uncertain! 🙈

Thanks! Went in at 4pm and was seen at about 6.30 so wasn’t too bad.

So the outcome is that it might be twins!
    There were a few indications but they couldn’t confirm for definite as the doc wasn’t experienced enough to say and the scanner wasn’t ideal.
    Basically we could see one baby and a heartbeat and what appeared to be a second sac with a shadow in it, so we don’t know about second baby for sure.
    Have an appt in EPAU on Friday morning.
    It’s all very scary and uncertain! ��

Oh wow twins!! Thats so cool-congratulations! Its not a brilliant scanner in there all right when we are early. I'm in tomorrow for my EPAU scan, the wait has been tough enough so look after yourself now until Friday

Oh wow twins!! Thats so cool-congratulations! Its not a brilliant scanner in there all right when we are early. I'm in tomorrow for my EPAU scan, the wait has been tough enough so look after yourself now until Friday

Thanks Mirrorwall, you too. Only a few more hours of waiting x
    I’ll be thinking if you, let us know how it goes xxx

Wow to you both!Good luck tomorrow Mirrorwall, hopefully it will all look fine.
    And twins!!Hope it looks good for you too!Good luck Friday!Rotunda operates the same, takes a couple of hours to get through A&E, then usually refer you on to EPU where they will do any follow up scans.Worth going in for peace of mind though.The detail on the EPU scanners is much clearer.

Scan done, everything looks great. Happy to be rescanned at booking in two weeks. No obvious cause for the continued discharge but likely cervix irritation. Ovaries are fine too. Increased folic acid for my BMI and that’s it. Raging with my GP, I asked did I need extra folic acid and he looked at me as if I had ten heads 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Scan done, everything looks great. Happy to be rescanned at booking in two weeks. No obvious cause for the continued discharge but likely cervix irritation. Ovaries are fine too. Increased folic acid for my BMI and that’s it. Raging with my GP, I asked did I need extra folic acid and he looked at me as if I had ten heads ��

Flip sake re GP. Delighted all seems ok. I had bleeding after sex (twice - thought we were still trying) the weekend I found out - we avoided it for 10 days and we have been fine since but I am still quite paranoid every time! So that was cervical irritation too.

Waiting for our Panorama results today, they might be tomorrow but definitely telling my folks tonight and I cannot WAIT!!! I need my mother :D

Had two decent enough nights sleep in a row (6 hours non stop) and thought the insomnia was over, then last night awake again for over 2 hours from 2-4.30 - read a book and then got back to sleep but still v groggy today so everyone else experiencing that I feel your pain. I don't feel like I have slept properly since that positive text over 6 weeks ago.

Apart from the sleep disturbance, my symptoms have calmed - I don't really feel sick/hungover anymore but the boobs are still heavy and a bit sore so that is providing reassurance. (Nipples are yuuuuge).

Can't wait for the 12 week scan in 2 weeks now and to be able to tell everyone - the secrecy has to be one of the worst things about the first trimester! Lied my absolute face off to two friends and my mother this week who asked me how TTC was going... needs must but the guilt!!

Advertisement