Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Cash_Q wrote: »
    They were so so lovely and all is perfectly well. They did a scan and in could see the heartbeat. Phew!

Brilliant news! So glad to hear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

The shock of it is only hitting me now and even though I'm delighted and relieved, I can't help feeling really upset and shaken after it. Feels silly as they assured me that there's nothing to worry about but it was so scary sitting there fearing the worst. Just have to keep reminding myself of that heartbeat <3

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

The shock of it is only hitting me now and even though I'm delighted and relieved, I can't help feeling really upset and shaken after it. Feels silly as they assured me that there's nothing to worry about but it was so scary sitting there fearing the worst. Just have to keep reminding myself of that heartbeat <3

So glad it all went ok. I told the doctor there that I could do with a big drink after the fright of the whole thing after I got sorted but it got lost in translation and I had to explain I was only joking..!! the fright was desperate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

I had a bleed at about 20 weeks when I was having DD2. We went straight into hospital to be reassured that small bleeds can be quite common through pregnancy.

We could do without the stress though, eh? 😔

Yes she said to me that it's generally nothing to worry about unless I soak through a few sanitary towels so that's a good measure I suppose, although I don't think I'd be waiting til I'd soaked through a few.

I wish the cramps would stop I can't help worrying with every one. Feeling a lot better after a sleep though. Really wish we could fast forward to the end of October and all our little ones would be here! Hope every one is feeling ok, really do appreciate having this page as support x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Laura2707

Hi guys
    I'm due 11th October.. Big surprise ðŸ˜
    Last Thursday I started havin severe cramping and bleeding so attended Hosp ASAP. I thought I was miscarrying 💔 Was a horrible few hours waiting and not knowing what was happening😥 I went for scan and they diagnosed me with a subchorionic heamatoma which is cause bleeding my little Miracle is still beating away 💕 Just wondering has anyone else experienced this before as its so rare I'm finding it hard to get answers. Back in two weeks for a scan to check all is ok the suspense is killing me.
    Thank you in advance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They pointed out something on my first that they thought could be that but they never diagnosed it and all went fine.I have had early bleeds on all three, it just seems to be something that happens and they have never really got to the root of it.I am not too bothered myself, as the first two pregnancies had good outcomes and the third is just about 31 weeks so far and looking ok.At this stage if I didn't bleed early on I think I'd be worried-which is weird.But yes it is extremely stressful and that 10-14 day wait between early scans is worrying ,never mind having a minor panic attack every time you go to the bathroom for fear it's got worse.I just try to take it really easy, they usually say no sex, no lifting heavy stuff etc., and I tend to avoid actions that rotate my core, like hoovering, pushing shopping trolleys etc. as it tends to result in an increase in the discharge.Whether this makes a difference or not, I have no idea but so far, so good anyway!So fingers crossed for you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm over 7 weeks now and having a lot more cramping and pulling than I did which is annoying. I got a scan in Evie for Thursday at 115 but knowing my luck now there'll be a red warning and I won't be able to get there from North Kildare

Mirrorwall I'm having near constant cramps and stretching pains but I'm feeling assured that it is just my womb stretching. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad for you to make it on Thursday; maybe call them and ask if you can reschedule for Monday? At least it's only a few more days.

We are booked for private scan next Saturday 10th, it can't come quick enough. It was amazing seeing the heartbeat yesterday but given the circumstances I was just so relieved that I didn't really appreciate how incredible it was. Plus my husband wasn't there so next week will feel much more real. She did say yesterday that she thinks I'm more like 7 weeks than 6 which I thought myself as my cycles were quite short since coming off the pill.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I get them quite badly too, but when I sit and think about them I tend to realise they aren't cramps in the true sense, they are more pain in my hips, the band of muscles around under my tummy and my lower back....they combine to feel like cramps but aren't quite in the right place.

Getting them again now, have a suspicion baby is beginning to drop down (week 31), making me a bit nervous, but combined with hip pain and the return of slight nausea I'm hoping that's all it is.Had it before on my first, gave me 2/3 days of total stress thinking I was going into early labour.

• Advertisement

Ladies, did any of you get your bloods done yet? I have to bring my results to my booking appointment with my consultant and am getting them done in my GPs on Monday. I'm just wondering if I've to fast for them? I can ring GPs tomorrow if needs be, I just thought someone here might know. TIA x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

No need to fast for bloods petal x

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I feel so so ill

I’m barely functioning

Sending you a pm

Scan cancelled tomorrow. Thursday next week instead. Boo. :(

Scan cancelled tomorrow. Thursday next week instead. Boo.

Better safe than sorry out there mirrorwall. Hopefully it won't drag by. Ours is booked for Sat 10th.

So sick of all these stretching pains and cramping, I know its totally normal but can't help but feel so anxious with each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Scan cancelled tomorrow. Thursday next week instead. Boo. :(

I am heading to Evie next Thursday for the Panorama testing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

Hi Ladies!! Got my BFP Wednesday last week the day AF was due!! Couldn't.. and still cant believe it, We have been trying since June, I thought it was never going to happen. This is my first. Have pretty much no symptoms other than cramping that comes and goes and sore boobs but just feels like normal period pains hence why I didnt think I was gonna get my bfp. 3 FR test gave me faint line and I got my bloods taken Thursday but HCG was only 63 so I had to repeat on Tuesday this week coz doc was afraid they were low and they came back as 363 yesterday morning but they want to do another blood test again to make sure hcg is increasing like it should. Ive irregular periods (39 days this month) so the doc was telling me I was 5.5 weeks last week when Im pretty sure im only 5 weeks yesterday going off when I ovulated but didnt want to be like I checked online and did my research and you're wrong to the GP lol.. but i think that would explain why my hcg was low the day after I got my BFP. 
    On a separate note, I didnt go to my GP for my blood tests, we have a GP service on site at work that are very easy to get appointments with so was able to book one for Thursday after only testing Wednesday night and was too excited to wait.. but in my excitement and disappointment at how non eventful the appointment was(im not sure what I was expecting, but I didnt get it what ever it was) I signed some HSE form that I think was for the combined care which I dont want with them. I had an apt with my local GP tomorrow but its been canceled over the red alert so im going to have to re-scheulde for next week. Does anyone know if its an issue to change the GP your combined care is with? Also are people leaning more towards public or private? Apparently semi private is not an option in CUMH so I only have 2 choices and no idea which direction to go with... was hoping to talk to the GP about it tomorrow..
    Sorry for the long ramble.. im very excited

SuzieQCork wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!! Got my BFP Wednesday last week the day AF was due!! Couldn't.. and still cant believe it, We have been trying since June, I thought it was never going to happen. This is my first. Have pretty much no symptoms other than cramping that comes and goes and sore boobs but just feels like normal period pains hence why I didnt think I was gonna get my bfp. 3 FR test gave me faint line and I got my bloods taken Thursday but HCG was only 63 so I had to repeat on Tuesday this week coz doc was afraid they were low and they came back as 363 yesterday morning but they want to do another blood test again to make sure hcg is increasing like it should. Ive irregular periods (39 days this month) so the doc was telling me I was 5.5 weeks last week when Im pretty sure im only 5 weeks yesterday going off when I ovulated but didnt want to be like I checked online and did my research and you're wrong to the GP lol.. but i think that would explain why my hcg was low the day after I got my BFP. 
    On a separate note, I didnt go to my GP for my blood tests, we have a GP service on site at work that are very easy to get appointments with so was able to book one for Thursday after only testing Wednesday night and was too excited to wait.. but in my excitement and disappointment at how non eventful the appointment was(im not sure what I was expecting, but I didnt get it what ever it was) I signed some HSE form that I think was for the combined care which I dont want with them. I had an apt with my local GP tomorrow but its been canceled over the red alert so im going to have to re-scheulde for next week. Does anyone know if its an issue to change the GP your combined care is with? Also are people leaning more towards public or private? Apparently semi private is not an option in CUMH so I only have 2 choices and no idea which direction to go with... was hoping to talk to the GP about it tomorrow..
    Sorry for the long ramble.. im very excited

Congratulations!!!! You sound the same as me, so excited and so confused! My GP appt was such a damp squib, she basically told me to do another test at the end of the week to see if I was still pregnant!
    I’m going private, we’ve health insurance and I’m linked to a regional hospital with some past birth horror stories that have hit the news so would prefer security of consultant-led care... thinking of it like a €3k insurance policy. My sister in law went private in CUMH and her room was like a hotel room! She had Prof Greene who she thought was amazing.

Thanks clacla82, Yeah she was a huge let down for me too.. she was also young so I was thinking maybe she doesnt have much experience so I kinda wrote it off to that.. hopefully Ill have a better experience with my own GP. Yeah I am kinda leaning more towards private because Ive had to have couple of biopsies and 2 procedures at the colposcopy clinic and Im paranoid that that will have some impact even though the doc said theres a good chance it wont, plus Im a bit over weight, BMI is about 35 so Im worried that will cause problems.. Im just a bit of a worrier and would like the piece of mind of seeing the same consultant and regular scans throughout the pregnancy, I know they say you are not guaranteed the consultant there for the birth but I dont think ill really care at that stage, ill just want someone to get the thing out of me LOL its the pregnancy bit im worried about and would like the support. I have fairly good health insurance that will cover the cost of the hospital stay and some towards the cost of the consultant but have no idea how much their fees are. Is there a kind of standard, like 3k as you said, or does it vary consultant to consultant and county to county?? Im thinking 3k-4k going off what Im reading online but there is very little documented anywhere about cost. I find it very weird.

Welcome Suzie and congratulations. I'm a BMI of 36 and went public in the Coombe on my first and will be doing the same this time around. I didn't see the consultant everytime but saw her team everytime and I knew most of them by the time I gave birth. I had issues with growth, several bleeds/bumps (and I'm rhesus negative) and high blood pressure by the end. I found the care exceptional to be honest (except the post natal wards) and one of her team was the doc on call when I did actually give birth which was one of the only "calm" parts of it lol.

• Advertisement

SuzieQCork wrote: »
    Thanks clacla82, Yeah she was a huge let down for me too.. she was also young so I was thinking maybe she doesnt have much experience so I kinda wrote it off to that.. hopefully Ill have a better experience with my own GP. Yeah I am kinda leaning more towards private because Ive had to have couple of biopsies and 2 procedures at the colposcopy clinic and Im paranoid that that will have some impact even though the doc said theres a good chance it wont, plus Im a bit over weight, BMI is about 35 so Im worried that will cause problems.. Im just a bit of a worrier and would like the piece of mind of seeing the same consultant and regular scans throughout the pregnancy, I know they say you are not guaranteed the consultant there for the birth but I dont think ill really care at that stage, ill just want someone to get the thing out of me LOL its the pregnancy bit im worried about and would like the support. I have fairly good health insurance that will cover the cost of the hospital stay and some towards the cost of the consultant but have no idea how much their fees are. Is there a kind of standard, like 3k as you said, or does it vary consultant to consultant and county to county?? Im thinking 3k-4k going off what Im reading online but there is very little documented anywhere about cost. I find it very weird.

It varies but it’s usually around 3k give or take, more in Dublin actually. Doctors don’t really advertise their fees! Your insurance covers the room, and you can claim 20% back on the fees via tax relief. Like you I’d just prefer the personal attention, and extra comfort.
    It’s great you got your HCG levels checked, no one even mentioned that to me... I had to keep using cheapo pregnancy tests to check they were getting darker! When’s your due date?

Hi SusieQ,

I’m going to CUMH privately and I’m going with Prof Greene. The fees are 3k. I have a colourful medical history so I was advised by my GP and doctors in the family to go private. HTH x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

SuzieQ, there is a long thread on public v private in CUMH ... link below

I went public in CUMH and found it good but I had a very uncomplicated pregnancy and was lucky to move to the St Finbarrs clinic for my appointments which were super quick. In CUMH you could be waiting 2-3 hours for your appointments which can be frustrating. Birth wise, I was induced and my midwife was fab. I had some complications and treatment was great but I would have killed for a private room. I was in a 2 person room and got no sleep over the three nights not because of my baby but because of my roommates.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057583639/1/#post99345856

Ouu thanks Bee06.. Ill get reading!! I didnt even know they did appointments in St Finbarrs. I really know very little lol. I clearly have some research to do!

Don't know whether its the scan cancelled or just being stuck in the house with a toddler for three days straight while my OH works from home upstairs but my stress levels are back up again. So frustrated. Just want to know everything is ok. 8 weeks now

Don't know whether its the scan cancelled or just being stuck in the house with a toddler for three days straight while my OH works from home upstairs but my stress levels are back up again. So frustrated. Just want to know everything is ok. 8 weeks now

Hi Mirrorwall,

I’m due to have a private scan tomorrow in Dublin, I’m staying optimistic and hoping to get there!! I’m like you I feel like I’ll be anxious if I don’t get to it. Also we were hoping to tell both my and my husbands family after it so it’ll feel like an anti climax if we don’t get to break the news!

The cabin fever is no joke and can't imagine it with a toddler who must be getting cranky too! I have my second EPU scan on Monday and anxiety steadily building. Feeling sick and just bleugh in general, v tired but waking up during the night with a thirst like I'd downed two bottles of wine...this is zero craic already and it's very early days! Then if I feel ok for a minute I am back to worrying about the baby... it's a no-win

Thats exactly how I feel clacla, the only time I'm not nauseous is if I'm eating or asleep. Nearly there awny and hopefully you get there, and you too clacla.

I guess it is just that, I was finally almost there and then the rug was pulled and Thursday next week feels like a lifetime away now

Clacla82,

Did you decide on what maternity hospital you are going to? I’ve a funny feeling that you’re in the same area as me. CUMH isn’t my local
    Hospital it’s an hour away but my local hospital which is based in my town has been in news recently for problems during delivery.

• Advertisement

On a completely silly reason to be annoyed I had told myself I could order some next maternity after the scan as i have the voucher code. Voucher code is burning a hole in my wallet now and I don't want to order yet

Advertisement