Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegans vegans everywhere

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

@ Greencap Relax the cacks love. You’ll give yourself a hernia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

And the beat goes on,sure I discovered Dave Allen recently, does that mean he's not funny any more ????

I wonder does he do a sketch about Vegans ???

considering that he was popular in the 80's I'd imagine that yes, he's probably got some decades old sketch where he (at the time) hilariously ate a steak in front of a vegan. an act of comic originality at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

gozunda wrote: »
    The ones that get my goat (if you excuse the pun) are the extremist vegans who will tell you that meat is murder - diary farmers are rapists - and would make keeping pets or animals illegal etc etc. (This is slavery according to the same idiots)

Don't kid yourself that these extremists are just a minority - these are the screaming fanatics that are leading the field and are big into their social media profiles.

Scarily many of the followers of these extremists are the closest thing to cult members I have came across. They include the benighted individual responsible for the bs anti-dairy and poultry billboard posters which have been put up around the country again preaching vegan gospel to the "murderers who eat meat".

Some of the same bunch are so hell bent on a crusade to rid the world of carnivores that some have even suggested genetically altering wild predators so that they will no longer need the "flesh" of other animals.

Frying nutjobs the lot of them imo.

As for the rest I don't care what anybody eats ....

Here's one of them action

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ya - he is one of the more loud mouth vegan extremists who bangs on about animals been 'raped'. He quite a colourful background ... ;)
    Joey Carbstrong, whose real name is Joey Armstrong, is a 'celebrity' vegan activist from Australia with tens of thousands of YouTube and Instagram followers.

The 31-year-old, a former gang member, spent time in prison before turning his life around and becoming 'full vegan' for both ethical and health reasons.

After dropping out of school aged 14, Mr Carbstrong fell in with the wrong crowd, eventually turning to 'more serious, hardcore, organised crime gangs' and dealing drugs to support his own habit.

He is said to have spent much of his youth using methamphetamine and drinking alcohol.

Aged 26, he spent six months in jail for possession of a firearm, which he had hidden down his trousers while on house detention.

While holed up in prison he had 'an epiphany' and became determined to turn his back on the criminal world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/fb-5334835/Who-militant-vegan-Joey-Carbstrong.html

Personally I reckon he is just a snake oil salesman. He does the whole guru thing online promising his followers a new peaceful vegan future .... ya right.

He claims that in the video that "when we look at issues of injustice - we always look at it thru the eyes of the victim - not the oppressor." Well Joey should have some experience with that having been a bit of a bad boy who spent time in prison.

Epiphany me rearend....

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

He does give some (not all) good arguments.
    I do think the biggest problem is general is the meat industry. The word 'industry' says it all really.
    Everyone who wants to eat meat should spend a day or so on an industrial farm and at least once in an abattoir or kill an animal (a chicken will do) for their food.
    There would be many more vegetarians and vegans in the world, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Vegans and veggies are grand.

Still I do not understand why they have to grandstand their views. Get on with it and do your thing, no one else cares really, it is your choice.

That's a reasonable view isn't it?

He does give some (not all) good arguments.
    I do think the biggest problem is general is the meat industry. The word 'industry' says it all really.
    Everyone who wants to eat meat should spend a day or so on an industrial farm and at least once in an abattoir or kill an animal (a chicken will do) for their food.
    There would be many more vegetarians and vegans in the world, imo.

Nah that's typical vegan type talk you see on Youtube imo.

Ireland does not have industrial type farms - most are family owned and run. If you want to see that type of enterprise go to the US - which funnily enough the extreme vegan crowd use as a basis for statistics to bash animal based agriculture here.

What I do know is that agriculture in Ireland is highly regulated and yes like most things yes there may be a few rogue operators.

I have reared and yes killed my own food. And no it has not made me vegan.

In many of the less developed countries around the world many millions of people also rear livestock kill and eat produce from animal based farming.

Imo it's our western - removed from agriculture - city dwelling populations who are more likley to be vegan or vegetarian. It is the few extremists who appear to want to push their opinions on everyone else.

Yer man Carbstrong logic is pure bs- talking about farmers raping cows as they don't give consent. What animal can give their consent for any medical intervention. Does Bonzos owner ask him does he wants his doggie booster shots ffs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

I agree with that guy. Holly, whatshisname and the farming couple are in the wrong there.

I eat meat because it's tasty, filling and convenient. I do try to eat less of it these days.

The strong preference and opinions for meat/steak comes across as very edgy teenager to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

Yer man Carbstrong logic is pure bs- talking about farmers raping cows as they don't give consent. What animal can give their consent for any medical intervention. Does Bonzos owner ask him does he wants his doggie booster shots ffs?

Does the booster shot go up the dogs ass and change it's body and life? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Does the booster shot go up the dogs ass and change it's body and life? :confused:
    Neutering pets will affect their bodies and lives. Still responsible in many cases.

Does the dog getting its bolloxs loped off change its body etc? Ya I'd imagine it would. . Should we require consent from Bonzo before neutering? ....

I agree with that guy. Holly, whatshisname and the farming couple are in the wrong there.

I eat meat because it's tasty, filling and convenient. I do try to eat less of it these days.

The strong preference and opinions for meat/steak comes across as very edgy teenager to me.

There is a strong small of vegan of that .... ;)

I don't like when people call food I've been eating all my life "vegetarian". A banana sandwich is not suddenly a "vegetarian" food: it's a banana sandwich.

And yuk to all the soya shíte, tofu, salad dressings, and all that stinky mank. I'll just stick with my healthy, fresh, tasty vegetables without that drizel poured over them. Then again, you don't by any means need to be a vegetarian to drown food out with your preferred dressing - the polite thing to do is allow people to add it to their individual plate

Other than that, eating less meat and more fish, veg and fruit is the intelligent thing to do. The horsemeat scandal still makes me shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I eat very little red meat, mostly just chicken and fish. I love animals and people have asked me why am I not a vegan/veggie. There's a very simple answer to that, though quite personal so I won't go too much into it. Basically when I was a kid I was very sick, emphasis on the very. Long story short, I physically could not eat and was fed solely through a machine. For quite some time as well. Because of that, I have a much greater apprecetion for being able to eat, something that the majority of people would probably completely take for granted. You only live once and I don't want to restrict my life slightly by eating plant life only.

Nah that's typical vegan type talk you see on Youtube imo.

Ireland does not have industrial type farms - most are family owned and run. If you want to see that type of enterprise go to the US - which funnily enough the extreme vegan crowd use as a basis for statistics to bash animal based agriculture here.

What I do know is that agriculture in Ireland is highly regulated and yes like most things yes there may be a few rogue operators.

I have reared and yes killed my own food. And no it has not made me vegan.

In many of the less developed countries around the world many millions of people also rear livestock kill and eat produce from animal based farming.

Imo it's our western - removed from agriculture - city dwelling populations who are more likley to be vegan or vegetarian. It is the few extremists who appear to want to push their opinions on everyone else.

Just for your information, I am not vegan or vegetarian. I am a full-blown omnivore.:pac:
    Like you, I 'grow' my own meat and I have worked in an abattoir when I was much younger. Pigs do need to be killed at the local butcher's though, but chickens and ducks are killed and processed at home.
    Now, I know not everyone who has to do a kill or spend a day in an abattoir or industrial farm will turn vegan, otherwise all butchers would be. But many people would.

I have many friends, acquaintances and relatives who are either vegan or vegetarian. If they are invited to my place I will cater for them and if I get invited to theirs I don't mind eating vegan or vegetarian, which we sometimes do at home anyway, just like I can feast on a carnivorous meal.

I've never been preached at by any vegans or vegetarians, but then again I don't preach to them or ask them awkward questions either, nor do I take the mick out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

He's a deluded idiot, dropped out of school and joined a gang (tough man) spent a term in jail where he got a bit of meat and then turns against it :D Then without any education he thinks he's on a moral high ground and everyone should follow the uneducated fool. Did you hear him on newstalk with Moncrief? a pure thicko.

Just for your information, I am not vegan or vegetarian. I am a full-blown omnivore.:pac:
    Like you, I 'grow' my own meat and I have worked in an abattoir when I was much younger. Pigs do need to be killed at the local butcher's though, but chickens and ducks are killed and processed at home.
    Now, I know not everyone who has to do a kill or spend a day in an abattoir or industrial farm will turn vegan, otherwise all butchers would be. But many people would.

I have many friends, acquaintances and relatives who are either vegan or vegetarian. If they are invited to my place I will cater for them and if I get invited to theirs I don't mind eating vegan or vegetarian, which we sometimes do at home anyway, just like I can feast on a carnivorous meal.

I've never been preached at by any vegans or vegetarians, but then again I don't preach to them or ask them awkward questions either, nor do I take the mick out of them.

You don't need to. Just drive past any of the many gofriginvegan billboard posters stuck up all over the country. Or join one of the boards discussion (like this one;)) The recent discussion re' Dairy farmers receiving Death Threats from extremist vegans - was interesting in that there was near total silence by the majority of vegan interests. In fact some went on to complain elsewhere that farmers discussing that topic were in fact having a go at vegans with extreme views and that wasnt fair ...

So like you I am all for whatever you're into yourself - just not for some to try and take the moral high ground and tell me I'm murdering babies or some other clap trap ....

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Just saw a billboard around Phibsboro claiming that there's no such thing as "humane milk". Why are they targeting dairy farmers after that travesty with the death threats to that Irish family?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    He's a deluded idiot, dropped out of school and joined a gang (tough man) spent a term in jail where he got a bit of meat and then turns against it :D Then without any education he thinks he's on a moral high ground and everyone should follow the uneducated fool. Did you hear him on newstalk with Moncrief? a pure thicko.

Fist into a cows anus....that's how they get pregnant he said.

THE ANUS! with his fist in the air!

• Advertisement

[/b]

You don't need to. Just drive past any of the many gofriginvegan billboard posters stuck up all over the country. Or join one of the boards discussion (like this one;)) The recent discussion re' Dairy farmers receiving Death Threats from extremist vegans - was interesting in that there was near total silence by the majority of vegan interests. In fact some went on to complain elsewhere that farmers discussing that topic were in fact having a go at vegans with extreme views and that wasnt fair ...

So like you I am all for whatever you're into yourself - just not for some to try and take the moral high ground and tell me I'm murdering babies or some other clap trap ....

Yeah, these billboards haven't arrived in the back of beyond yet.
    I really don't care all that much. Boardies are forever arguing about the right to free speech. Well, that goes for vegans too. I don't agree with threats of violence though.

Yeah, these billboards haven't arrived in the back of beyond yet.
    I really don't care all that much. Boardies are forever arguing about the right to free speech. Well, that goes for vegans too. I don't agree with threats of violence though.

I'm in the back of beyond - and I've seen them all over the place. Surprised more havn't been taken down tbh. The point though is not so much about free speech or otherwise but being preached at / targeted by same. Here It was the issue of death threats by extremist vegans to dairy farmers here and in the UK that started a discussion. The silence from some was deafening imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

You are what you eat.

So I'm a PUSSY

And you're a DICK

AAAHHAAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Fist into a cows anus....that's how they get pregnant he said.

THE ANUS! with his fist in the air!
    He probably got too much fisting in jail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I am half vegan, is it counts?

Advertisement