Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegans vegans everywhere

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

No definitely not one of those.

Any vegan I know are very narcissistic, prone to gaslighting and have the skin tone of Bart Simpson.
    They're also very weak physically, and love arguing with authority.

Not sure if the skin tone is jaundice or they're lacking something.

Anyhow I don't feel sorry for them.

They forget to realize that their DNA is programmed to eat properly and meat is a stable part of human diet.

There's a vegan restaurant in Ennis and every time I pass buy and glance in the window all I see are yellow people...

And the people that run it are full of ****e, the food is overpriced and you'd be hungry leaving it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

4Ad wrote: »
    And the people that run it are full of ****e, the food is overpriced and you'd be hungry leaving it !

I might go in sometime and order a soup lol and leave a whole chicken on the table in front of me ha ha

When I was younger I thought a vegan was someone who was sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'm off for a pepperoni pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I don't mind vegans myself
    And why would I?

Am I supposed to look up to a fat cnt who eats steak for breakfast lunch dinner and supper because he thinks it makes him macho?

I actually find that meat eaters have the same vitriol towards vegans as atheists have towards religionists.

Meat eaters want to call out vegans because they think they're snotty and pompous. Why would you be so insecure as to think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I ended up trying quinoa burgers out of curiosity a few weeks ago and they're lovely.

Being honest I don't care what something is or isn't made out of as long as it tastes great.
    Just keep the onions to yourselves ye sickos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

doolox wrote: »

Completely excluding meat will mean a drastic decrease in a very short time in the populations of sheep, cattle and pigs on the planet...people will not breed them if they cannot eat them. Is this what Vegans want?? The reduction in less than 10 years of the cow population from 1.46 billion to.....what?

Vegans do not even use milk so that cows will become ornaments or pets...it doesn't take a genius to figure out what will happen without an economic dimension to a cows life such as the trade of meat ,leather and milk. They will disappear from the planet in a very short time.

You have no interest in the cattles welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Chrongen wrote: »
    I don't mind vegans myself
    And why would I?

Am I supposed to look up to a fat cnt who eats steak for breakfast lunch dinner and supper because he thinks it makes him macho?

I actually find that meat eaters have the same vitriol towards vegans as atheists have towards religionists.

Meat eaters want to call out vegans because they think they're snotty and pompous. Why would you be so insecure as to think that?

I don't have any problems with vegans as long as the don't keep going on about it. The militant vegans are pure nut jobs spreading lies and nonsense about farming and think they are on some moral high ground. If someone wants to be vegan fair enough but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Buzz88

Yeah with food shortages will be plenty meat for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

And then you'd have vegans like Patrick Baboumian who'd make most people look physically inferior.

I love how meat eaters (I am one) automatically think that not eating meat makes you weak. They're usually not in great shape themselves.

You can be a crap vegan and be weak, just like you can be a crap omnivour and be weak/fat/out of shape.

A good diet, whether it be vegan, vegetraian, pescatarian or omnivorous and a good strenght trainign program will make people stronger.

Weird how so many people are affected by others' food choices. There's obviously some level of guilt in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

Last week seen a cyclist wearing a cycling jersey saying "Vegan & proud" or something like that.
    Words fail me

• Advertisement

And then you'd have vegans like Patrick Baboumian who'd make most people look physically inferior.

I love how meat eaters (I am one) automatically think that not eating meat makes you weak. They're usually not in great shape themselves.

You can be a crap vegan and be weak, just like you can be a crap omnivour and be weak/fat/out of shape.

A good diet, whether it be vegan, vegetraian, pescatarian or omnivorous and a good strenght trainign program will make people stronger.

Weird how so many people are affected by others' food choices. There's obviously some level of guilt in there somewhere.
    The thing is that vegans themselves admit they have to take supplements to make up for what they are lacking in their diet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    The thing is that vegans themselves admit they have to take supplements to make up for what they are lacking in their diet.

The B12 supplements, that a about 40% of the non-vegan population also would need to take to bring their levels up to "healthy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I know, right???

Check out this weak vegan

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

I am a demi-vegan, I like what they stand for. But enjoy my milky coffees, cheese and eggs too much, and curry. Maybe some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Doesn’t that just make you a vegetarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I know, right???

Check out this weak vegan

Vegan gains is my preferred one. Entertaining nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Doesn’t that just make you a vegetarian?

No, I am too fond of chicken vindaloos and chicken pies

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I only know of one vegan and she never forces her views down anyone's throat. I've said it before in another thread but the only people I ever see getting annoyed over this are meat eaters who think vegans spend their lives trying to stop them eating meat. Sure there are some forceful vegans out there but a lot aren't and have just made a personal choice. Anytime it's brought up it's never her doing it - it's usually someone taking the piss out of her or trying to get a rise out of her.

I'm personally a vegetarian, a relatively recent decision. I'm also finding that other people bring it up wayyyy more than I do with the "would you not fancy a steak instead of that" comments. Nah you're alright, you eat what you like and I'll eat what I like and I won't comment on your food. I was never a huge fan of meat in the first place, especially when I had to cook it myself and saw it raw so it wasn't the hardest thing for me. I think it's easy to be completely disconnected from the whole animal slaughtering process when we just buy packaged meat in shops. I 100% was. People comment on veganism/vegetarianism being incredibly expensive but that's really not the case. Vegetables, grains, variations of beans etc are dirt cheap in lidl/aldi. I always found meat was the most expensive part of my shop.

Shenshen wrote: »
    The B12 supplements, that a about 40% of the non-vegan population also would need to take to bring their levels up to "healthy"?

40% you say, that's an exaggeration. They are lacking in more than B12.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

40% you say, that's an exaggeration. They are lacking in more than B12.

Nope, not me saying that:
    https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

• Advertisement

scdublin wrote: »
    I only know of one vegan and she never forces her views down anyone's throat. I've said it before in another thread but the only people I ever see getting annoyed over this are meat eaters who think vegans spend their lives trying to stop them eating meat. Sure there are some forceful vegans out there but a lot aren't and have just made a personal choice. Anytime it's brought up it's never her doing it - it's usually someone taking the piss out of her or trying to get a rise out of her.

I'm personally a vegetarian, a relatively recent decision. I'm also finding that other people bring it up wayyyy more than I do with the "would you not fancy a steak instead of that" comments. Nah you're alright, you eat what you like and I'll eat what I like and I won't comment on your food. I was never a huge fan of meat in the first place, especially when I had to cook it myself and saw it raw so it wasn't the hardest thing for me. I think it's easy to be completely disconnected from the whole animal slaughtering process when we just buy packaged meat in shops. I 100% was. People comment on veganism/vegetarianism being incredibly expensive but that's really not the case. Vegetables, grains, variations of beans etc are dirt cheap in lidl/aldi. I always found meat was the most expensive part of my shop.
    I know a vegan from England she's my cousins partner they were visiting another cousin who's dairy farming in Ireland and he showed them around the farm, all she did was lecture him the poor cows welfare from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I enjoy vegan food.

I enjoy meat, cheese etc.

everyone else can feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Will veganism solve global warming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I know a vegan from England she's my cousins partner they were visiting another cousin who's dairy farming in Ireland and he showed them around the farm, all she did was lecture him the poor cows welfare from start to finish.

You really need to take a long break from the internet. You clearly are obsessed with vegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Vitamin B12, it's only found naturally in animal sources. Tbh I don't take them everyday, only when I remember and I'm not sickly looking or under weight - quite the opposite unfortunately.

Again I can't understand why another persons eating habits are the cause of so much irritation to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

She shouldn't lecture but it shouldn't be assumed that she's wrong because you don't agree with her or because she's overly passionate. A lot of cruelty goes on on dairy farms too, whether people want to admit it or not.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Will veganism solve global warming?

Nope and even if it did it will lead to famine. There's not enough arable land in the world for it to go vegan, even if there was the continuous cropping and no organic matter from animals would fcuk up the soil. Militant vegans spout loads of nonsense but refuse to listen to facts. A lot of vegan foods would have to be imported where as animal products can be produced locally. Livestock farming (grazing) is a carbon sink but they seem to ignore that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I am hugely offended.........

...............by anyone who thinks jokes of the 'i ate a burger infront of a vegan' variety are anything but the stalest, oldest, most fcking worn-out, unoriginal, tired, facile, witless, lame, flat attempts at comedy there has ever been.

The horrible horrible predictability of the utter fag***s who think this hasnt been done by 1 million fellow unfunny nerds before them sends douche chills through my spine.

Please for the love of Jesus dont for even 1 second think that you're funny or original. Its been done on stage since the 70's, literally.

Now return to your episode of boy meets world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

greencap wrote: »
    I am hugely offended.........

...............by anyone who thinks jokes of the 'i ate a burger infront of a vegan' variety are anything but the stalest, oldest, most fcking worn-out, unoriginal, tired, facile, witless, lame, flat attempts at comedy there has ever been.

The horrible horrible predictability of the utter fag***s who think this hasnt been done by 1 million fellow unfunny nerds before them sends douche chills through my spine.

Please for the love of Jesus dont for even 1 second think that you're funny or original. Its been done on stage since the 70's, literally.

Now return to your episode of boy meets world.

And the beat goes on,sure I discovered Dave Allen recently, does that mean he's not funny any more ????

I wonder does he do a sketch about Vegans ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The ones that get my goat (if you excuse the pun) are the extremist vegans who will tell you that meat is murder - diary farmers are rapists - and would make keeping pets or animals illegal etc etc. (This is slavery according to the same idiots)

Don't kid yourself that these extremists are just a minority - these are the screaming fanatics that are leading the field and are big into their social media profiles.

Scarily many of the followers of these extremists are the closest thing to cult members I have came across. They include the benighted individual responsible for the bs anti-dairy and poultry billboard posters which have been put up around the country again preaching vegan gospel to the "murderers who eat meat".

Some of the same bunch are so hell bent on a crusade to rid the world of carnivores that some have even suggested genetically altering wild predators so that they will no longer need the "flesh" of other animals.

Frying nutjobs the lot of them imo.

As for the rest I don't care what anybody eats ....

Advertisement