Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

DS86DS wrote: »
    Typical Leftist manoeuvre. First try to make your opponents look like fools, regardless of what evidence that can be presented.

Secondly, demonise them with the "Racist!!!!!" tag.......and in doing so trying to end any open discussion on the topic.

Just in case you haven't made an effort to read over some of the last few pages of this thread........ you'd see the topic of White Flight been brought up.

And given what is happening in Balbriggan, it is not too far a stretch to suggest that Balbriggan and other areas are heading for the same fate as hundreds of cities across Europe and America.

But factual evidence on the Leftists part and the burden of proof that White Flight won't happen just as they have happened in countless areas similiar to what Balbriggan is experiencing can't be done

So instead just scream.....racist!!!!

This is a tactic to try and make you angry and when you say one wrong thing they hit the report post icon.
    Don't get angry don't get personal abide by the rules stick to your guns and the people reading the thread will make up their own mind.

I have found staying calm and calling out their nonsense drives them totally crazy.

As I said I am not too pushed about this thread but I hate to see that tactic employed against people posting facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

What would you attribute the record high murder rate in London along with stabbings and acid attacks?

Sshhhh, that's racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

zapitastas wrote: »
    Some of the building that went on in Balbriggan is horrific. Crammed as many undersized houses as possible into an area and make sure there are no green areas. A trip though sections of the town just screams greed on behalf of the planners and developers.

It really is. And of course it's going to cause the people living in such places to act as they do. I'm amazed theres not as much vitriol directed at the people who created such conditions as there is towards the feral kids who are going around mugging people and everything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same stigma that was applied to people from Ballymun will be applied to people from Balbriggan in a few years time

Sshhhh, that's racist.

One more thing to remember.

bfb52a8434ff0e6e7d98db36b751743c8f37c338fecc312cc06e1d2519411bc1.jpg

So keep calm if they try that.;)

zapitastas wrote: »
    Some of the building that went on in Balbriggan is horrific. Crammed as many undersized houses as possible into an area and make sure there are no green areas. A trip though sections of the town just screams greed on behalf of the planners and developers.

In many council estates, all the green spaces have been built on children can not even have a kick around with a football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭MFPM

Typical Leftist manoeuvre. First try to make your opponents look like fools, regardless of what evidence that can be presented.

Secondly, demonise them with the "Racist!!!!!" tag.......and in doing so trying to end any open discussion on the topic.

Just in case you haven't made an effort to read over some of the last few pages of this thread........ you'd see the topic of White Flight been brought up.

And given what is happening in Balbriggan, it is not too far a stretch to suggest that Balbriggan and other areas are heading for the same fate as hundreds of cities across Europe and America.

But factual evidence on the Leftists part and the burden of proof that White Flight won't happen just as they have happened in countless areas similiar to what Balbriggan is experiencing can't be done

So instead just scream.....racist!!!!

There's no evidence for 'white flight' in Balbriggan. The town's population is 75% indigenous Irish, much of the 25% non indigenous is based in the 'newer' parts such as Castlelands, Moylaragh, Cardy Rock and some of the estates off Hamlet Lane, etc - it's not displacement by any means.

MFPM wrote: »
    There's no evidence for 'white flight' in Balbriggan. The town's population is 75% indigenous Irish, much of the 25% non indigenous is based in the 'newer' parts such as Castlelands, Moylaragh, Cardy Rock and some of the estates off Hamlet Lane, etc - it's not displacement by any means.

So you believe people will be happy to stay there as the gang problem gets worse and other people will say Jesus I would love to live close to the sea Balbriggan sounds like just the ticket?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c057250644b2e59734e7627

In many council estates, all the green spaces have been built on children can not even have a kick around with a football.

Tbh it can all be linked to the bloody incompetence and corruption that's endemic within the planning system of this country.

I'm sorry but this is the consequence of voting for the FF/FG duopoly without question over the last 90 years

So you believe people will be happy to stay there as the gang problem gets worse and other people will say Jesus I would love to live close to the sea Balbriggan sounds like just the ticket?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c057250644b2e59734e7627

Why would 'white' people be disproportionately affected by anti-social behaviour than their 'black' equivalents, they share many of the same estates etc.?

There's been anti social behaviour in many communities in Dublin for decades, Finglas, Clondalkin, Tallaght, Ballyfermot etc., it didn't stop people moving in and out - why would Balbriggan be any different?

Given that you didn't contradict me, I take it you agree with me that there is no evidence for 'white flight' thus far?

I'm sure the gif is hilarious but it doesn't do much for your intellectual input does it?

P_1 wrote: »
    Tbh it can all be linked to the bloody incompetence and corruption that's endemic within the planning system of this country.

I'm sorry but this is the consequence of voting for the FF/FG duopoly without question over the last 90 years

There is a lattge degree of truth in this, however even some of the most ardent supporters of the unsustainable development in Balbriggan now admit they got it wrong.

• Advertisement

There is a lattge degree of truth in this, however even some of the most ardent supporters of the unsustainable development in Balbriggan now admit they got it wrong.

Well admitting you got it wrong is one thing. Fixing the issues caused and avoiding repeating the very same mistakes is another. Alas I see no evidence of that happening

Sorry guys not playing did ye think I came down in the last shower boys?:D

w1cuoz_th.png

Edit I don't engage tag teams.
    tag_team.jpg

So you believe people will be happy to stay there as the gang problem gets worse and other people will say Jesus I would love to live close to the sea Balbriggan sounds like just the G]

Ah some parts of Brig are decent to live in and you do have the beach, Ardgillan and other pretty decent things to go to nearby.

Now you wouldn't catch me dead living in Legoland but the likes of Chapel Gate, Hampton Cove, Fancourt and further out like Balrothery and Balscaddan are nice spots to live in

Ah some parts of Brig are decent to live in and you do have the beach, Ardgillan and other pretty decent things to go to nearby.

Now you wouldn't catch me dead living in Legoland but the likes of Chapel Gate, Hampton Cove, Fancourt and further out like Balrothery and Balscaddan are nice spots to live in

A good honest answer.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

In the estate where I grew up in Clondalkin, the council held a meeting some years ago. They asked residents to write to them indicating areas of the estate where anti social activities were happening. Invariably these were green areas in amongst the estate, drug dealing, dumping etc. Months later they started building on every green in the estate and the residents couldn't do a thing because they had all written letters complaining about those areas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

agree with this
    the difference is the spanish arent bein racist about it, as spanish are not white so don't have white prvelige
    Eh... Spanish are White. This is not America where this kinda thing confuses them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

It was about 100% “indigenous” about 18 years ago and now only 75% according to your own figures. Seems like there is a trend there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

This is a tactic to try and make you angry and when you say one wrong thing they hit the report post icon.
    Don't get angry don't get personal abide by the rules stick to your guns and the people reading the thread will make up their own mind.

I have found staying calm and calling out their nonsense drives them totally crazy.

As I said I am not too pushed about this thread but I hate to see that tactic employed against people posting facts.

so your saying white people are better than black people

Sshhhh, that's racist.

slow clap
    admitting you people have a problem with xenophobia is the first step towards solving it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Stefan Molyneaux interview with science writer Nicholas Wade

https://youtu.be/UW_AZafEJ4A

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

slow clap
    admitting you people have a problem with xenophobia is the first step towards solving it

when does evidence facts and first hand experience trump xenophobia ?

just asking so i can come back to the thread when reality and sanity reign again

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh... Spanish are White. This is not America where this kinda thing confuses them.

true the Galicians are white, but the Al Andalusians are afri-hispanic, so technically not white

It was about 100% “indigenous” about 18 years ago and now only 75% according to your own figures. Seems like there is a trend there.

Ok 18 years ago the northwest of the town was basically fields, housing estate wise you had Pinewood, Hampton Cove and Fancourt to the south, Bath Road to the north and Tara Court, Tara Cove and Chapel Gate to the west. Since then you have estates too numerous to name in Legoland been added.

On top of that the EU ended at the river Oder and the economy was basically in the toilet 18 years ago.

Now if you add an expansion to the EU, the whole Celtic Tiger thing and a doubling of the towns population to the mix of course you're going to get a change in demographics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

Ok 18 years ago the northwest of the town was basically fields, housing estate wise you had Pinewood, Hampton Cove and Fancourt to the south, Bath Road to the north and Tara Court, Tara Cove and Chapel Gate to the west. Since then you have estates too numerous to name in Legoland been added.

On top of that the EU ended at the river Oder and the economy was basically in the toilet 18 years ago.

Now if you add an expansion to the EU, the whole Celtic Tiger thing and a doubling of the towns population to the mix of course you're going to get a change in demographics.

The economy was absolutely booming 18 years ago so you are wrong on that front. A big event happened that year aswell, the refugee camp at Mosney opened and after that economic migrants from Africa began to settle in Balbriggan.

so your saying white people are better than black people

The post that is being quoted.

S02E06-9pxqiEmc-subtitled.jpg

The economy was absolutely booming 18 years ago so you are wrong on that front. A big event happened that year aswell, the refugee camp at Mosney opened and after that economic migrants from Africa began to settle in Balbriggan.

Aye mosney was an error theres no real denying that. And yes it encouraged economic migration to the town theres no getting around that either. Tbh though it's a minority of those who migrated that caused the issues, I'd have to say the majority have made the town a better place. The main issue is direct provision centers and the time it takes to process asylum claims one way or the other. Sadly there seems to be no appetite to resolve this at an official level and this is driving a nasty racist undertone to emerge in irish society

Either you have a difficulty with reading or comprehending, or both.

It's a direct provision centre, not a refugee camp - do at least strive for accuracy.

Being Irish, you're not seriously lecturing people about 'economic migrants', are you? This country wrote the book on that story!

Either you have a difficulty with reading or compreheding, or both.

Your don’t have a very pleasant manner do you.

• Advertisement

Your don’t have a very pleasant manner do you.

That's a matter of opinion. You stated you like 'calling out nonsense' - why be offended when I call out yours?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement