Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

What the fook have I just watched.

The D15's and the M24's?
    You're watching the genisis of the kind of 'postcode gangs' responsible for an explosion of knife crime and murder currently plaguing london.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/how-postcode-wars-have-made-london-a-murder-capital-1.3460692

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sasta le wrote: »
    The good African community need to stand up to these scum and also local residents

But you'd be racist if you said anything you see.

Same as our own local ethnic minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Any family that was immigrant or refugee who's family members are involved in crime should loose status to stay here and be deported back to where they came from. There are genuine folks who come here and work hard and contribute positively to society, but those that dont should be made to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

minikin wrote: »
    Can we wrap this thread up now?
    And maybe change title to ‘Breach of the peace in Portmarnock’

What has been the result of it apart from associating ‘Gangs’ with Balbriggan?

To that extent the thread and all who have derided the town as a kip etc have done more damage to the town and it’s decent inhabitants than the so called ‘gangs’ mentioned ever have.

Good people from the town will now find it that bit harder to get jobs, because there will always be that idiotic “... oooh they’re from Balbriggan, do we want that sort of person working here” mentality.
    A few days ago I prepared a C.V. for someone who asked me to put their parents address on it rather than their Balbriggan address... crazy...

The town is thriving from a business point of view with several multinationals in the area and more on the way. However some large businesses may choose not to locate here (I know of several incidents already) because “isn’t that the town with the ‘black gangs’?” This sexy story that sells tabloids and gets clicks for gutter sites is very damaging. Anyone with any sense knows it’s sensationalist but someone googling Balbriggan as a location is seeing a place not painted in a good light... for the sake of likes!

So thanks for that, by propagating this nonsense YOU are ensuring that the future of the town and it’s inhabitants is damaged, way more than a handful of idiotic kids, who will come to their senses as they mature, ever could.

Hope YOU enjoyed sensationalising such events for your own pleasure.
    Now, I’ve to get on with running a business (so, no I’m not some lefty loon) in the town - providing a service for people of all backgrounds who just want to get on and improve their businesses and lives.

It’s easy to be negative and jump on the latest Facebook post as if it were gospel... maybe just think of the effect YOU are responsible for when YOU spread fear and divisiveness.

I’ll end on this... sure weren’t they invited to Tamangoes.... it’s where the gang goes... :)

This is a subject that needs open discussion, telling people to keep quite and dismissing genuine fears has not worked out very well in Europe and the states so why would it work here? I agree it should not sensationalised, we should call it what it was, and a gang of about 100 yobs if true is sensationalist in its own right without dressing it up, many eye witnesses some of whom I know personally attest to these numbers.
    There's a fine line between acknowledging the reality of a situation and burying your head in the sand, a lot of people don't have a clue this kind of thing is happening, it should be mentioned and the background of the gangs should be brought up because it is reality, to improve a situation you need to know the facts, pretending the facts don't matter will come to bite you in the ass eventually.

I do get where you are coming from though and some people will use this as proof for uglier intentions and I feel for innocent people in the town but the public has a right to know what is going on in their city.

The reality of the world doesnt always line up with our moral desires I'm afraid.

Can we wrap this thread up now?
    And maybe change title to ‘Breach of the peace in Portmarnock’

What has been the result of it apart from associating ‘Gangs’ with Balbriggan?

To that extent the thread and all who have derided the town as a kip etc have done more damage to the town and it’s decent inhabitants than the so called ‘gangs’ mentioned ever have.

/Endthread? How about /endexcuses?

Lets get something straight. The gangs are responsible for the association of Balbriggan with gang violence. If you want to blame anybody for tarnishing Balbriggan's name, you might try starting there.
    Good people from the town will now find it that bit harder to get jobs, because there will always be that idiotic “... oooh they’re from Balbriggan, do we want that sort of person working here” mentality.
    A few days ago I prepared a C.V. for someone who asked me to put their parents address on it rather than their Balbriggan address... crazy...

Ah the good 'ol "Won't somebody pleeeease think of muh CV!" Nonsense.
    If you don't like being embarrased to put an address on an envelope you might want to look closer to home for the reasons.

The town is thriving from a business point of view with several multinationals in the area and more on the way. However some large businesses may choose not to locate here (I know of several incidents already) because “isn’t that the town with the ‘black gangs’?” This sexy story that sells tabloids and gets clicks for gutter sites is very damaging. Anyone with any sense knows it’s sensationalist but someone googling Balbriggan as a location is seeing a place not painted in a good light... for the sake of likes!

So thanks for that, by propagating this nonsense YOU are ensuring that the future of the town and it’s inhabitants is damaged, way more than a handful of idiotic kids, who will come to their senses as they mature, ever could.

Idiotic kids drink naggin's in parks. Robbing children and threatening to disembowel pregnant women that intervene is entirely something else.
    But by all means bury your head in the sand rather then address the problem while your town slowly devolves into a sinkhole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hate to point out facts but these events happened in Portmarnock, not Balbriggan, is Portmarnock ‘devolving into a sinkhole’? If so, let’s start a thread shouting that...

Portmarnock Crime Shock

Skerries Gang Worries

Malahide on the Slide

Swords Drug Lords

Naul gone to the Wall

Balscadden lets foreign lad in

Lusk a Social Husk

Rush Fascist Putsch

Etc.... how welcome and unquestioned would those threads be on here???

Hate to point out facts but these events happened in Portmarnock, is Portmarnock ‘devolving into a sinkhole’?

And where are these gangs based?

If this kind of nonsense is allowed to go unchecked then you can bet your arse that the surrounding areas frequented by these gangs that rob and steal along the dartline will indeed sink to match Balbriggan eventually.

conorhal wrote: »
    And where are these gangs based?

If this kind of nonsense is allowed to go unchecked then you can bet your arse that the surrounding areas frequented by these gangs that rob and steal along the dartline will indeed sink to match Balbriggan eventually.

You’re basing these assertions on what????
    Unfounded baseless nonsense... but sure it costs YOU nothing so feck everyone whose life YOU damage with your mewlings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

NIMAN wrote: »
    But you'd be racist if you said anything you see.

Same as our own local ethnic minority.

If it’s black African youths causing trouble then say it
    Some goes with our Irish and Traveller criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You’re basing these assertions on what????
    Unfounded baseless nonsense... but sure it costs YOU nothing so feck everyone whose life YOU damage with your mewlings.

Its pretty much public knowledge around North Dublin where these gangs are based.

Its not the first time or the first area they have targeted.

There are of course scumbags that exist locally in all of these areas but thats not what this thread is about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

The D15's and the M24's?
    You're watching the genisis of the kind of 'postcode gangs' responsible for and explosion of knife crime currently plaguing london.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/how-postcode-wars-have-made-london-a-murder-capital-1.3460692

There were actual post code gangs before any of this and they were on a order of magnitudes worse. Google "d22 clondalkin gang" and read about legit criminals to be scared of (well they're not around anymore)

I remember absolutely ZERO threads about these lads on boards.ie.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Its pretty much public knowledge around North Dublin where these gangs are based.

Its not the first time or the first area they have targeted.

There are of course scumbags that exist locally in all of these areas but thats not what this thread is about

If a murderer lived on your street would you be happy to hear that your street was a kip... murderers roaming your street... you’ld accept that as ‘public knowledge’ and be fine with your street, your family’s future being tarnished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

So thanks for that, by propagating this nonsense YOU are ensuring that the future of the town and it’s inhabitants is damaged

It's highly galling for a poster who claims to be from Balbriggan would want to shut down this discussion when so many of your fellow residents are actively campaigning to address this blight of violent crime.

https://www.balbriggan.info/balbriggan-comes-force-demand-action-gangs-crime/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

sasta le wrote: »
    If it’s black African youths causing trouble then say it
    Some goes with our Irish and Traveller criminals

Wouldn’t it be racially motivated hate crimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If a murderer lived on your street would you be happy to hear that your street was a kip... murderers roaming your street... you’ld accept that as ‘public knowledge’ and be fine with your street, your family’s future being tarnished?

I never said Balbriggan was a kip

I think these gangs need to be challenged

It's highly galling for a poster who claims to be from Balbriggan would want to shut down this discussion when so many of your fellow residents are actively campaigning to address this blight of violent crime.

https://www.balbriggan.info/balbriggan-comes-force-demand-action-gangs-crime/

I ‘claim’ to be from Balbriggan???
    I’m born (well, the Lourdes) and bred in the town...like my family going back generations.

Why would someone asking for inflammatory comments to end be galling to you? You’ve little to be galled about :)

You might consider the motivations of some behind that ‘protest’ at the Garda station... perhaps there was a political band wagon being jumped on??? Just sayin is all...

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I never said Balbriggan was a kip

I think these gangs need to be challenged

Disclaimer:
    Not all references I may have made have been about your comments!

These ‘gangs’ need to be challenged -Exactly and that is best done by enabling the people of the town to do so, not by running down the whole town so people lose motivation.

Taking kids out of poverty via education and employment is the best solution, running down where they live so they can’t even claim ‘pride of place’ decreases their life chances further... thereby ensuring they are more likely to make bad choices.... no hope = no consideration for your own future or surroundings.

Reminds me of the way some in Catholic Church shamed an entire family because of the ‘mistake’ of one of their members... awful lot of judgement going on around these parts!

proudboy wrote: »
    D22 gang was only called that name by the media.

Except the graffiti and tattoos they had referencing d22 that I saw first hand. You clearly don't know what you're talking about pal so why even comment on it.

D22 gang was only called that name by the media.

The same way that white virgin American loser club your username references named themselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

For anyone that is interested in the subject of mass immigration in Europe and is looking for intelligent, rational evidence and opinion as to why the demographics are changing so quick I'd recommend 'The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray' Real eye opener.
    Very brave man . He is not afraid to tell it as it is .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The D15's and the M24's?
    You're watching the genisis of the kind of 'postcode gangs' responsible for an explosion of knife crime and murder currently plaguing london.
    And of course our politicians will say that they didn’t know what was going to happen !:eek:

When it does begin to happen the Politicians are the first ones that should be going to jail .

blinding wrote: »
    And of course our politicians will say that they didn’t know what was going to happen !:eek:

When it does begin to happen the Politicians are the first ones that should be going to jail .

Nowhere the same scale that happened in the 60s and 70s when inner city folks were moved en masse to social housing in the outskirts. Growing up in the late 90s there was a crazy time. I unfortunately became a little c#nt of teenager, grew out of it as had a good family. My point being is that you can't clump high risk families like that in the same place. Integration is key. Not that it's an excuse, nobody should be treated any differently once the law is broken regardless of background etc.

black animals

I'm actually happy for you that you're not subtle about being racist. But at the same time I feel sorry for you that it's the main driving force in your life. I hope in the future you can look back at this time with regret and be a better person.

For now I'm not gonna continue any dialogue with you, it's impossible to chat to someone with your metal capicty on any topic with nuance or logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

They were not a post code gang as such, you are comparing them to the black post code gangs in London who kill people just because they are from a different post codes.

That Clondalkin gang had links to many gangs around Dublin. What these black animals are trying to replicate is whats happening in London.

So not comparable to the Clondalkin "D22" gang.

There were, and are, multiple gangs of youths in Tallaght, Jobstown, Ardmore, Clondalkin, Ronanstown, Ballyfermot, Cherry Orchard, Finglas, Blanchardstown, Crumlin and Drimnagh that were formed solely on the basis of locality and fight based on the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

vangoz wrote: »
    The same way that white virgin American loser club your username references named themselves

BURN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd love to hire a few actual gang veterans from Miami or South L.A. or Jo'Burg or Belgrade or Honduras to come over and show these little prycks what life is really about.

There were, and are, multiple gangs of youths in Tallaght, Jobstown, Ardmore, Clondalkin, Ronanstown, Ballyfermot, Cherry Orchard, Finglas, Blanchardstown, Crumlin and Drimnagh that were formed solely on the basis of locality and fight based on the same.

Ughh thank you. This has been going on since the time humans could bash each other over the head with clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'd love to hire a few actual gang veterans from Miami or South L.A. or Jo'Burg or Belgrade or Honduras to come over and show these little prycks what life is really about.

Larbre34 wrote: »

Or you could actually invest time in something that works and not crazy fantasies. But we both know that would never happen.

Although I do agree with your sentiment that these are not that dangerous of a gang compared to nearly every other area in Dublin. Though doesn't take away from the fact that something urgently needs to be done, both in the short and long term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

They were not a post code gang as such, you are comparing them to the black post code gangs in London who kill people just because they are from a different post codes.

That Clondalkin gang had links to many gangs around Dublin. What these black animals are trying to replicate is whats happening in London.

So not comparable to the Clondalkin "D22" gang.

That's disgusting! you should be ashamed of yourself for such a comment.

Race shouldn't have anything to do with this at all. The focus is and should always be, the behavior.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement