Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭40supple

That's 'izers' tyre yard, for anyone familiar with finglas. Wouldn't of thought Izer would be mixed up in that kinda stuff. Respectable and amicable chap, and a successful business man to boot. You think you know someone....

But it’s not izzer is it? It’s his sons, he’s lost the run of them,
    Their young he’s old, they’ve the run of that yard now.
    Izzer is a gentleman, one of the only genuine knackers up there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Franko.

40supple wrote: »
    But it’s not izzer is it? It’s his sons, he’s lost the run of them,
    Their young he’s old, they’ve the run of that yard now.
    Izzer is a gentleman, one of the only genuine knackers up there

Idiots posting up stuff on Instagram bars of coke bars of weed and you clearly tell that they are in the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

I’ve heard of izzer before, meant to be the only traveller who has people’s respect. Sad if it’s his kids acting the bollox on his own site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Jonathan Gill tiger kidnapping retrial starts tomorrow morning. Will be very interesting and has major implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Gardai seize drugs, cash, car and ammunition in Finglas raids

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-seize-drugs-cash-car-16450290

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Jonathan Gill tiger kidnapping retrial starts tomorrow morning. Will be very interesting and has major implications.

I know the guy/family who were kidnapped very well, sound lad. Hope t'**** he gets nailed.

Hoboo wrote: »
    I know the guy/family who were kidnapped very well, sound lad. Hope t'**** he gets nailed.
    I find it very strange that the first trial wasn't in the Special Criminal Court. Then of course there was some nonsense with the jury and it collapsed. That could very well happen again. If it does there is definitely something very sinister happening there. Hope your mate gets justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would you say Big implications?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would you say Big implications?
    Very Big !

Ideally journalists should be asking why this trial or the first was not in the Special Criminal Court. The DPP have serious questions to answer, but unless they are pushed on that they will not respond.

Unfortunately boards.ie posters have very little power to push for answers. Time for the crime hacks to get their finger out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Ideally journalists should be asking why this trial or the first was not in the Special Criminal Court. The DPP have serious questions to answer, but unless they are pushed on that they will not respond.

Unfortunately boards.ie posters have very little power to push for answers. Time for the crime hacks to get their finger out!

Should definitely be a SCC case. I wouldn't like to serve on the jury in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Didn't they steal a load of coke there before, and it started the feud, the 'Turtles' got blamed for it and a load of people killed over it.
    A head was left in the street looking into a café. Strengthened ties between the kinahans and El Chapo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’m not usually (much of) a grammar Nazi but how can you not spell “happen” right? It’s spelled pretty much how it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Suckit wrote: »
    Didn't they steal a load of coke there before, and it started the feud, the 'Turtles' got blamed for it and a load of people killed over it.
    A head was left in the street looking into a café. Strengthened ties between the kinahans and El Chapo.

That’s very interesting, where could I read more about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

That’s very interesting, where could I read more about that?

This used to one of my favorite sites, do a search on Amsterdam in the search field..

https://thisthinline.com/mocro-maffi...-nabil-amzieb/

For some reason he hasn’t been updating lately, he used to cover Irish gangland crime from time to time.

For some reason the link above isn’t working anyway it’s thisthinline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Scandal of the week from Mr Tayto

Pfft, that's nothing.

Cops seized 15,000kg of Cocaine in Philadelphia this week. Street value of $1 billion.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Massive-Drug-Cache-Seized-at-Philadelphia-Shipping-Yard-Sources-Say-511455802.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand

Can someone tell me why there is no media coverage of the Gill retrial? Seems to be a media blackout? Not even one report previously stating it was happening. Not even a tweet from one of the crime journos. This is a big trial. Was due in court at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Voltex wrote: »
    I read somewhere its the lads who owned the monkey that was lifted in a raid a few weeks back. Fowler was good pals with those lads and was seen in their company a fair bit.

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1141270321980420098?s=19

Yep...looks like the Finglas monkey boys got lifted for Boylan hit. Fowler was good pals with them....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

I find it very strange that the first trial wasn't in the Special Criminal Court. Then of course there was some nonsense with the jury and it collapsed. That could very well happen again. If it does there is definitely something very sinister happening there. Hope your mate gets justice.

Yeah its called witness intimidation

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    Yeah its called witness intimidation
    I think this trial is being set up to collapse again. Going under the radar totally, happening in the wrong court. When you have friends in high places, they look out for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

It'll be a big trial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Did we ever find out why the whistleblower went into hiding ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

Did we ever find out why the whistleblower went into hiding ?

Did we ever find out why "trial" of the murder of David Byrne collapsed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

DPP has dropped all charges WOW. So someone has literally got off 20 years in jail because a juror overhead a discussion on a luas.

ACAguy wrote: »
    DPP has dropped all charges WOW. So someone has literally got off 20 years in jail because a juror overhead a discussion on a luas.
    Unbelievable, I could feel it was set up to fail. This country is rotten to the core. Shame on DPP and all those involved in this. The poor Nawn family put through hell and get no justice like many other families due to that man. This will be brushed quietly under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

He must be an informer

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Can someone from a legal standpoint give reason as to why they would drop all charges.

Previous tiger cases have been retried 4/5 times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Scoundrel wrote: »
    He must be an informer

Your onto.something there imo

All.around him getting caught/killed,rarely if ever arrested and.case collaspe on very weak point

Hes either a tout or its a serious effort by special branch to sow discontent among his associates

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement