Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

The above disagreement over culture indicates what happens when you take the "as long as they adhere to our culture" line. That's a dead end, and it doesn't address the root of culture, which is race. Irish culture is a product of race.

As foreign races colonise Ireland, the culture of Ireland will change accordingly. That's what this thread is about - A change in culture resulting from a change in race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

topper75 wrote: »
    To grow up in Ireland and actively dislike native games would make one an outlier, would it not? To not indulge in typical foods equally so.

The culture of any place is determined by what is typical.

Unless you are suggesting that the culture of a land can only be composed of that which is adhered to by all? That would entail that nowhere has any culture. No true Scotsman etc. Which may appear ludicrous but is actually a goal of some would-be social engineers of a certain persuasion for whom the status quo is always anathema.

Seems to be the opposite of what I have said a number of times.

Irish culture is real. It cannot be denied. It may change over time but to deny its existence would be dreadfully disingenuous.

So how come nobody can define what it entails? How can immigrants be expected to adhere to Irish culture if people can't define it?

who said immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture?

This guy.

I've no beef with foreigners here provided they are:
    -here on a legal basis and compliant with our laws
    -respectful of our ways and not attempting to move the cultural furniture around to suit themselves (if you don't like our culture, then why would you ever have come here in the first place?)

And many others too.

Id rather they dont bring their culture with them and shove it down our throats and them scream racists when we say no thank you

i visit Ireland to experience the typical stereotypical Irish culture, even though by your words they are "just a load of traditions" as in from what i can gather by your comment they are just a load of s***e

Can you tell me about an instance where a foreign culture has been shoved down your throat?

The above disagreement over culture indicates what happens when you take the "as long as they adhere to our culture" line. That's a dead end, and it doesn't address the root of culture, which is race. Irish culture is a product of race.

As foreign races colonise Ireland, the culture of Ireland will change accordingly. That's what this thread is about - A change in culture resulting from a change in race.

You're right, it is a dead end because it isn't a genuine argument. It's just a smokescreen to conceal racist views like your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

As foreign races colonise Ireland, the culture of Ireland will change accordingly.

Is that what the people of Ireland want?

The Gaelic language is on the brink of extinction because of UK colonization in the past, do we want to see the same happen to the Irish traditions due to foreign races immigrating to Ireland?

i fear its already too late due to joining the EU but voting might make a difference

The Gaelic language is on the brink of extinction because of UK colonization in the past, do we want to see the same happen to the Irish traditions due to foreign races immigrating to Ireland?

i fear its already too late due to joining the EU but voting might make a difference

Which traditions are you referring to that immigrants are threatening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Fresh, you're obviously deliberately being obtuse, i wont be replying to anymore of your comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I'm fairly sure it's not what the people of Ireland want. In fact, no society ever wanted colonisation or diversity, as far as I can tell, but that's what European countries and European colonies are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

MrFresh, nobody said that immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture. I'm not a fascist! I said that they must respect it and not attempt to change it around to suit themselves. Quite different. I speak from experience of Britain where rail signs are written in Southall in foreign languages and where many elderly immigrants refrain from even trying to speak English. We in Ireland should never be brought to such a tipping point.

8037339_f520.jpg

Can I get an answer for my question: if you don't like our culture, then why would you ever have come here in the first place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

well this will help with combating gangland and firearms crime in ireland ,

f ing backwards we are going , whats the point ? ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/law-on-jail-terms-for-repeat-firearms-offenders-struck-down-38114382.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

MrFresh, nobody said that immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture. I'm not a fascist! I said that they must respect it and not attempt to change it around to suit themselves. Quite different. I speak from experience of Britain where rail signs are written in Southall in foreign languages and where many elderly immigrants refrain from even trying to speak English. We in Ireland should never be brought to such a tipping point.

8037339_f520.jpg

Can I get an answer for my question: if you don't like our culture, then why would you ever have come here in the first place?

I never wanted/tried or was forced to adhere to Arabic culture when I spent 6 years in the middle east. I went there for work when there was none here. Nor did I try to learn their language nor did I feel anyone took offence to my non compliance. Why do you think people go to other cultures and not necessarily want to change their own in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

mynamejeff wrote: »
    well this will help with combating gangland and firearms crime in ireland ,

f ing backwards we are going , whats the point ? ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/law-on-jail-terms-for-repeat-firearms-offenders-struck-down-38114382.html
    back to a country which hasn't "impermissibly crossed the divide in the constitutional separation of powers".

• Advertisement

Fresh, you're obviously deliberately being obtuse, i wont be replying to anymore of your comments

Nothing to do with not having an answer of course. :rolleyes:

MrFresh, nobody said that immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture. I'm not a fascist! I said that they must respect it and not attempt to change it around to suit themselves. Quite different

Seems pretty similar. But perhaps if you can give an example of immigrants in Ireland trying to change our culture it might help.

. I speak from experience of Britain where rail signs are written in Southall in foreign languages and where many elderly immigrants refrain from even trying to speak English.

We in Ireland should never be brought to such a tipping point.

8037339_f520.jpg

You mean they have foreign languages as well as English right? At least that's what the photo shows. An odd thing to be upset about. Would you be similarly upset if signs around landmarks had foreign languages added for the benefit of tourists?

How can I attempt to answer that when the only attempt at defining what our culture is has been a ling to wikipedia? And I assume you are talking about immigrants as opposed to asylum seekers.

MrFresh wrote: »
    Nothing to do with not having an answer of course. :rolleyes:

Seems pretty similar. But perhaps if you can give an example of immigrants in Ireland trying to change our culture it might help.

You mean they have foreign languages as well as English right? At least that's what the photo shows. An odd thing to be upset about. Would you be similarly upset if signs around landmarks had foreign languages added for the benefit of tourists?

How can I attempt to answer that when the only attempt at defining what our culture is has been a ling to wikipedia? And I assume you are talking about immigrants as opposed to asylum seekers.

I'm looking forward to that particular one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

who said immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture?
    Id rather they dont bring their culture with them and shove it down our throats and them scream racists when we say no thank you

i visit Ireland to experience the typical stereotypical Irish culture, even though by your words they are "just a load of traditions" as in from what i can gather by your comment they are just a load of s***e

So, you visit Ireland, but aren't exactly from here. So you, in yourself, are a foreigner.

Git ta ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Garda probe after teenager stabbed in incident involving a number of youths in south Dublin https://jrnl.ie/4636869

Culprits caught for both stabbings. Both are minorities.

This is how knife culture began in London. We must be very careful going forward. A bit of common sense required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

But they grew up in poverty, blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Garda probe after teenager stabbed in incident involving a number of youths in south Dublin https://jrnl.ie/4636869

Culprits caught for both stabbings. Both are minorities.

This is how knife culture began in London. We must be very careful going forward. A bit of common sense required

You must know more that what is in the papers, no mention of who did either stabbings.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

I feel sorry for people who bought houses in Balbriggan. It has been destroyed by semi-feral immigrant teenagers and young adults. A depressing kip of a town.

Hey, they voted for the TD's who have this open door policy, they should live with it.

They wanted it, they got it. No sympathy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1119c5ZRZY People should watch some of this, a lot of low skilled immigrants come to the west expecting the best, and end up with lives in the gutter often worse than where they came from...

No wonder they turn to crime here.

We in the west need to stop portraying this place as a great land to come to and tell it like it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Dannyriver wrote: »
    I never wanted/tried or was forced to adhere to Arabic culture when I spent 6 years in the middle east. I went there for work when there was none here. Nor did I try to learn their language nor did I feel anyone took offence to my non compliance. Why do you think people go to other cultures and not necessarily want to change their own in the process?

Where did you work exactly, let me guess someplace rich like Dubai where its very multicultural with lots of Europeans where english is widely spoken and learnt by the "locals".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

declan2693 wrote: »
    Where did you work exactly, let me guess someplace rich like Dubai where its very multicultural with lots of Europeans where english is widely spoken and learnt by the "locals".
    and he didn't rock up minus a job asking for citizenship. Which he would almost certainly not get.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

well please then, enlighten us all on what "real" Irish culture is

How about everyone just likes whatever they want and not try define ourselves based on some rose tinted view of what everyone did hundreds of years ago?

declan2693 wrote: »

Kuwait/Oman/Sharsha/AlAin/Abu Dhabi ...

And did you go there looking for a handout?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

The punishment for these dirtbags should be a one way ticket to Lagos International.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

MrFresh wrote: »

Right. Here is a photo of some Irish travellers from some decades ago.
    Dz_my2GWoAAm6kW.jpg

The current culture exhibited by some of their descendants would be unthinkable to them.
    4221396001_5567404896001_5567402646001-vs.jpg?pubId=4221396001&videoId=5567402646001

But of course that is nothing to do with this:
    DOMIMyZWkAUM52w.jpg

There was mass change in the culture in the north of our island through Scottish immigrants some centuries back. I don't think Cuchullain (had he been real!) tied himself to that rock to fool enemies into believing that he was still alive by using his orange sash.

Go onto Moore St. in Dublin. The street was synonymous with Dublin native traders selling their produce aloud. Now the street is characterised instead by Arab phone shops, Polish food shops, and African hair extension parlours.

The ultimate trajectory of all this of course is a homogeneous nothing. An airport lounge where once there was a country.

The idea of immigrants NOT changing Irish culture is laughable. Even more laughable is the suggestion that unless we have an exact definition of Irish culture in the first place, we cannot assess how it might change. This is tantamount to saying that the sea does not erode the land because one cannot point to a defined piece of land that used to be there before. Even George Soros himself wouldn't be so crazy as to deny the existence of our native culture.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    And did you go there looking for a handout?

No I ****ing didn't but I was coming from a place where there was a social welfare system. What sort of stupid question is that?

No I ****ing didn't but I was coming from a place where there was a social welfare system. What sort of stupid question is that?

Are you stupid? You cant even see the point. Go back to bed or go for a walk and clear your head you imbecile.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Are you stupid? You cant even see the point. Go back to bed or go for a walk and clear your head you imbecile.

what point are you making professor ?

what point are you making professor ?

If you cant see it, no point explaining it to a chap of of your mental capability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

enricoh wrote: »
    Was in that supermacs a year or so ago n got chatting to one of the staff. He was saying eyre square was gone to the dogs.
    He pointed to a few dodgy young junkies at a table inside the door.
    All nursing a cup of tea for an hour or more until they spot some lad buckled walking past n rob his phone n wallet.
    Was surprised, but i reckon he had the story right.
    10 years ago they would have said "10 years ago it was great, but gone to the dogs now". Go back 10 more years and they would have said the same. Repeat to infinity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement