Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

biko wrote: »
    How come you had a screwdriver on you?

That's the number 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

MrFresh wrote: »
    You mean your customs and traditions. Irelands is a country of millions of natives and the customs and traditions are certainly not homogenous across them all.

Must be sad to have no sense of belonging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

italodisco wrote: »
    I grew up in north inner city, trust me, as scary as they look one good clatter would put a junkie out of action for hours.

Its the gangs of 16 to 25 yr old tracksuit scruffs that are dangerous, usually float around temple bar on a saturday night.

Grew up around the markets, I've yet to meet a junkie that could kick snow off a rope. It's the little cardboard gangsters that are the dangerous ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Absolutely myopic way of looking at complex socio cultural issues...which places in Ireland are you talking about that you don t want changed... Darndale or Balls bridge I'm suspecting a certain amout of snobbery off u so I presume the latter.

Are you happy for immigrants to come over here and practise female genital mutilation? What about Sharia law? How about stoning adulterers to death? You know, the kind of customs they might have where they fled from?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Are you happy for immigrants to come over here and practise female genital mutilation? What about Sharia law? How about stoning adulterers to death? You know, the kind of customs they might have where they fled from?

They don't like the gays either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Dont you get it, immigrants are just better than us.
    No matter where they are from or what their customs and culture is like,
    Angels the lot of them.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Must be sad to have no sense of belonging

Quite happy to have no cultural attachment to people like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Someone got a lucky escape in donaghmede dublin , shots fired on the green in front of the shopping centre , no one was hit , This was just after 5pm reckless stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There are indeed a huge cohort of ppl in Ireland with no cultural attachment to this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Someone got a lucky escape in donaghmede dublin , shots fired on the green in front of the shopping centre , no one was hit , This was just after 5pm reckless stuff

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-rush-donaghmede-shopping-centre-16276208

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Odelay

There are indeed a huge cohort of ppl in Ireland with no cultural attachment to this country.

Many are a great addition, better than some of our locals.

Quite happy to have no cultural attachment to people like yourself.

Well I share Irish culture and am proud of it. You are an outlier. In all aspects of your life I suspect.

Very sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4095337/armed-gardai-churchtown-school-dublin/

Everyday more and more violence in Dublin. More and more suspended sentences being dished out too. But it's ok because according to most posters here, we need to understand why firstly rather than sentence harshly. Must say it's going really well, this understanding why business...

Oh to add to that, shots fired today at 5.20pm beside Donaghmede shopping centre. Lovely !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hal3000 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4095337/armed-gardai-churchtown-school-dublin/

Everyday more and more violence in Dublin. More and more suspended sentences being dished out too. But it's ok because according to most posters here, we need to understand why firstly rather than sentence harshly. Must say it's going really well, this understanding why business...

Jaysus forbid we react in a reasoned way.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Well I share Irish culture and am proud of it. You are an outlier. In all aspects of your life I suspect.

Very sad

Can you describe what you consider to be Irish culture? What would be the main aspects of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Can you describe what you consider to be Irish culture? What would be the main aspects of it?

Drink, drugs and riding your sister..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

here's a good start... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Ireland

Not really. That's just a load of traditions generally associated with Ireland. Unless the suggestion is that people who don't like GAA or potatoes don't belong to Irish culture.

• Advertisement

Not really. That's just a load of traditions generally associated with Ireland. Unless the suggestion is that people who don't like GAA or potatoes don't belong to Irish culture.

well please then, enlighten us all on what "real" Irish culture is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

No Im not happy with that at all I wish to keep them all illegal. That s like uneducated brits asking are we happy happy to allow bomb making Irish terrorists in to the UK in the 70's and 80's its so ill informed its laughable.

An odd request considering I'm the one who said that Irish culture is not homogenous. I'm not the one insisting immigrants have to adhere to a particular cultural norm.

Culture is not a fixed entity, it is dynamic and fluid. Irish culture 50 years ago is entirely different to what it is today [thank ****] Irish culture has changed dramatically in the last 30 years due to immigration and liberal approaches to diversity. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

To grow up in Ireland and actively dislike native games would make one an outlier, would it not? To not indulge in typical foods equally so.

The culture of any place is determined by what is typical.

Unless you are suggesting that the culture of a land can only be composed of that which is adhered to by all? That would entail that nowhere has any culture. No true Scotsman etc. Which may appear ludicrous but is actually a goal of some would-be social engineers of a certain persuasion for whom the status quo is always anathema.

Irish culture is real. It cannot be denied. It may change over time but to deny its existence would be dreadfully disingenuous.

An odd request considering I'm the one who said that Irish culture is not homogenous. I'm not the one insisting immigrants have to adhere to a particular cultural norm.

who said immigrants have to adhere to Irish culture?
    Id rather they dont bring their culture with them and shove it down our throats and them scream racists when we say no thank you

i visit Ireland to experience the typical stereotypical Irish culture, even though by your words they are "just a load of traditions" as in from what i can gather by your comment they are just a load of s***e

Hope that helps.

It doesn't, i can only speak for myself but id rather the culture 50 years ago minus the raping priests

Culture is not a fixed entity, it is dynamic and fluid. Irish culture 50 years ago is entirely different to what it is today [thank ****] Irish culture has changed dramatically in the last 30 years due to immigration and liberal approaches to diversity. Hope that helps.

How many aspects of Irish culture have changed dramatically due to good ol' immigration and diversity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

not yet wrote: »
    Drink, drugs and riding your sister..

All in that order!

• Advertisement

How many aspects of Irish culture have changed dramatically due to good ol' immigration and diversity?

I was taking culture as a singular generic term, we live in a multi cultural society with thousands of new Irish citizens who have brought diverse cultural backgrounds with them coupled with the fact that the catholic influence of yore is almost completely eradicated so of course it has changed dramatically. why do you think it hasn't?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement