Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

We had gangs in school but that didnt make us gangsters.

Probably because you weren't violent criminals or organized, according to the Cambridge dictionary.

a member of an organized group of violent criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Are you trying to make a point?

Why don't you read the article that accompanies the video and maybe you'll understand the difference between these guys and you and your friends from school.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

You had guns too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Isn't a bit late for that? I'm not sure how anything he does can really be described as "winning" now, given how many of his loved ones have died in retaliatory attacks. It's a bit like the later stages of Breaking Bad at this stage -
    can anyone claim that Walt "won", even as he managed to get his money to his family and kill Jack's crew, seeing as they'd killed his brother in law and his entire family had been ripped apart
    ?

I just don't see any end to this in which The Monk gets a happy ending. So many of his close relatives are now dead that it seems to me a happy ending is off the table - I can't imagine the grief he must be experiencing tbh, it beggars belief just how many of his brothers and nephews he's lost at this stage.

Probably couldn’t give a toss in the grand scheme of things. If he cared that much all his kids would have went to private school and would be accountants and solicitors creaming it in some public service body. But they were thought the family way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Probably couldn’t give a toss in the grand scheme of things. If he cared that much all his kids would have went to private school and would be accountants and solicitors creaming it in some public service body. But they were thought the family way.

What do you know about Gerrys kids?

• Advertisement

What do you know about Gerrys kids?

Not as much as you obviously. Give us a press release there about it. How he worked tirelessly to get them to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I guess you're not familiar with his children at all so.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Not as much as you obviously. Give us a press release there about it. How he worked tirelessly to get them to school.

His kids did go to private school and one went to Trinity believe it or not.

I remember reading a long time ago that all his kids went to the best of private schools, and he wanted them to have nothing to do with crime.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I remember reading a long time ago that all his kids went to the best of private schools, and he wanted them to have nothing to do with crime.

I remember reading that he was called the monk because he never sold drugs

• Advertisement

I remember reading that he was called the monk because he never sold drugs

From what I read he was called the monk because of his choice of abstaining from using alcohol or drugs.

From what I read he was called the monk because of his choice of abstaining from using alcohol or drugs.

For about a week

He was in the same pub as us in Spain in 2011 watching the all Ireland and was drinking water the whole day while everyone with him were drinking beers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

For about a week

He doesn’t drink or smoke.

Telly wrote: »
    He was in the same pub as us in Spain in 2011 watching the all Ireland and was drinking water the whole day while everyone with him were drinking beers.

He drinks

The video online of the shooting in Blanch was sent to me earlier claiming to be of a completely different incident in Ballymun.

Some amount of pony going around on that wats app

He doesn’t drink or smoke.

One time he got out of prison and he was off the booze and somebody called him the monk and it stuck. It lasted awhile. The media have always portrayed him as a loveable rogue that was just too smart for normal society. Most of the stuff you read is bull**** in the gossip papers.
    Why are IRA men getting killed in all of this? Sure they don’t have any dealings with Gerry or the kinehans. They just want a united ireland.

One time he got out of prison and he was off the booze and somebody called him the monk and it stuck. It lasted awhile. The media have always portrayed him as a loveable rogue that was just too smart for normal society. Most of the stuff you read is bull**** in the gossip papers.
    Why are IRA men getting killed in all of this? Sure they don’t have any dealings with Gerry or the kinehans. They just want a united ireland.

Newsflash for you............. everybody is off the booze in prison.

Newsflash for you............. everybody is off the booze in prison.

Never been to prison I take it but you seem to get your info from the Sunday world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I’m not gonna argue with you but I know he doesn’t touch a drop.

• Advertisement

I’m not gonna argue with you but I know he doesn’t touch a drop.

It’s possible he doesn’t now but not all the time it’s reported that he doesn’t.

https://m.herald.ie/news/hutchs-drunken-bender-in-city-34747363.html

Here is a link. I know you can’t trust the papers.

I also know a number of business owners from the area.

You don’t think he’d be drinking watching Dublin win their first AI since 2005? He wasn’t, I was there!

You don’t think he’d be drinking watching Dublin win their first AI since 2005? He wasn’t, I was there!

Wow. One time I seen him driving his limo and I didn’t smell drink off him now that you mention it. Maybe you are right.

Maybe he was baby sitting the grand children after the match and wanted to keep an aul clear head what with him being a paragon of virtue an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A monk with no habit?

Bit odd in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Wow. One time I seen him driving his limo and I didn’t smell drink off him now that you mention it. Maybe you are right.

Maybe he was baby sitting the grand children after the match and wanted to keep an aul clear head what with him being a paragon of virtue an all.

Ah give it a rest. No one cares if he drinks.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Ah give it a rest. No one cares if he drinks.

They do by the looks of things.
    Anyway it’s none of my business if he does or not.

Has anybody any ideas why there seems to be one splinter ira on the side of the evil kinehan cartel Byrne axis of evil and one Ira splinter on the ordinary honest hutch side.

Has one ira group gone rogue and gone with the cartel to get the money and the good ira have sided with the hutches to fight the good fight for the honest man?

What is the story with all the paramilitaries being involved in this?

It’s kind of like there was a split in the ira and each side backed a horse. If their horse wins they get protection money. I could be a mile off but nobody seems bothered.

:D I actually meant that :D silly me, maybe he was drinking after all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

El_Bee wrote: »
    P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You have to question where on earth the Guards were for the second incident?

House gets shot up and 3 hours later people think they'll get away with shooting up another house a stones throw away...

I say that in the belief the first shooting was reported in time, if not then fair enough.

I think I've said this before a few times but Gardai are mythical creatures in large areas of Dublin, also a lot of people just don't bother calling them anymore because the response time is a joke.

The response time to and in particular a shooting,. would be minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement