Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

humberklog wrote: »
    People saying on Twitter that Imre Arakas is known to be living/hanging around in that area. I thought he was locked up, no?

He is locked up but he did stay in the house where the victim was shot outside tonight when he first came to Ireland.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Not the chap who was last week fined and disqualified from driving after telling police he’d been drinking and driving, when stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

humberklog wrote: »
    People saying on Twitter that Imre Arakas is known to be living/hanging around in that area. I thought he was locked up, no?

He stayed at that house.

He really does look like a hitman, even with the name he could be a bond villian. :)

STB. wrote: »
    Not the chap who was last week fined and disqualified from driving after telling police he’d been drinking and driving, when stopped?

You referring to the so called car valeter?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

You referring to the so called car valeter?

Maybe.

A wife of one of the hutches has a similar surname (but probably just a coincidence) which would seem strange given Nicola Tallant is saying this chap was a Kinahan associate.

• Advertisement

Maybe.

A wife of one of the hutches has a similar surname (but probably just a coincidence) which would seem strange given Nicola Tallant is saying this chap was a Kinahan associate.

A relation removed perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

wasn't the Estonian feen a Kinahan associate?

wasn't the Estonian feen a Kinahan associate?

Yes

Maybe.

Remember the Motorcyclist who hit the pole?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

headnorth wrote: »
    True. Over the summer on pat kennys radio show and rte sean o roukre she mentioned deirdre jabcob who is missing, was from carlow or meath. Rotten rotten research by her

That’s the thing I don’t really think she researches, just rehashes key points she’s heard from various sources without waiting to verify or double check, time and time again I’ve seen this in her reporting and I cringe when i hear her getting national airtime and being referred to as the expert crime correspondent, she ran with something on Twitter regarding the jastine valdez case and it was complete crap, it was really reckless at the time, i think her m.o is to be the first to say something to get attention rather than worrying about if what she is reporting is actually true.

• Advertisement

Remember the Motorcyclist who hit the pole?

Yes. I read about it. I assume this chap is related ?

Is he related to a metalworker as well ?

Nichola Tallant's naming him as a Kinahan associate doesn't make sense. Is not part of the other family ?

Ye wouldn't be able to keep up with all of this. There is a sequence of films in it.

Yes. I read about it. I assume this chap is related ?

Is he related to a metalworker as well ?

Nichola Tallant's naming him as a Kinahan associate doesn't make sense. Is not part of the other family ?

Ye wouldn't be able to keep up with all of this. There is a sequence of films in it.

I'm going way back now but think of Monk and Wife...

I'm going way back now but think of Monk and Wife...

I know what you are saying. Are you sure they are related and that it is not just a coincidence ?

Tallant's article tomorow makes no sense then.

https://news.postimees.ee/4071623/hit-plan-let-down-by-sms

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It is the car valeter that bought it. His Da is a Kinahan and he himself married into the Hutches.#totesawks. He is the lad put Arakis up. He seems to have lived a very normal life with the business and social media and stuff, seems a bit naive to put it mildly, given his familial status.

He does also have at least 2 young kids so thats a terrible trauma for them, they weren't born to have that fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It is the car valeter that bought it. His Da is a Kinahan and he himself married into the Hutches.#totesawks. He is the lad put Arakis up. He seems to have lived a very normal life with the business and social media and stuff, seems a bit naive to put it mildly, given his familial status.

He does also have at least 2 young kids so thats a terrible trauma for them, they weren't born to have that fate.

Such a waste of a life. Tough for them kids. Not much Christmas cheer.

My understanding is connected but not a blood relative, one who may have switched sides maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Is Eric not your man jay O Connor stabbed and is charged with.

Happy4all wrote: »
    Such a waste of a life. Tough for them kids. Not much Christmas cheer.

You can be sure that the timing of this hit(Christmas) was deliberate in order to maximise the shock horror factor.

Is this what "the Sun" predicted in September then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can be sure that the timing of this hit(Christmas) was deliberate in order to maximise the shock horror factor.

Would you really give them that much credibility?
    Who was it aiming to maximis the shock horror factor to?

The victims family would definitely feel it no matter what time of year.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Would you really give them that much credibility?
    Who was it aiming to maximis the shock horror factor to?

The victims family would definitely feel it no matter what time of year.

I'm not giving them any "credibility". Your choice of word not mine. Do you know what that word even means?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sorry Yoda, you've lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm not giving them any "credibility". Your choice of word not mine. Do you know what that word even means?

I didn't want to use the word credit, so assuming you knew it because somebody 'in the know' told you, I was asking if you really believe it.

I wouldn't.

Suckit wrote: »
    I didn't want to use the word credit, so assuming you knew it because somebody 'in the know' told you, I was asking if you really believe it.

I wouldn't.

Yes, I believe the timing was deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Man shot in Blakestown Cottages, Blanch earlier today is in critical condition. Blakestown Cottages was also the place the Estonian hitman was arrested.

edit- seems he passed away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I've never seen this before. Baked beans has put out a message that he had nothing to do with it. Very strange as he normally doesnt say anything when this stuff goes down. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Doubt it. A hit is a hit. If they want you gone I doubt they wait around for a particular time of year to "maximise the shock horror factor". The only time I'd imagine they'd wait would be to let the dust to settle after the last hit/attempted hit and let Garda activity die down and their target's guard drop.

I've never seen this before. Baked beans has put out a message that he had nothing to do with it. Very strange as he normally doesnt say anything when this stuff goes down. RIP

Baked beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

yeah well certain twitter threads certainly indicate that. just another motive to add to the mix, very confusing. journo's saying he is a kinahan associate, other people that seem in the know on twitter saying he's a hutch associate. I'd nearly lean towards believing the latter.

• Advertisement

yeah well certain twitter threads certainly indicate that. just another motive to add to the mix, very confusing. journo's saying he is a kinahan associate, other people that seem in the know on twitter saying he's a hutch associate. I'd nearly lean towards believing the latter.

I’m not up to scale on who’s who in Dublin gangland but from a few I know in me area who know seem to be saying he married a hutch, his da was man who put the Estonian up. It’s a mess. Who is baked beans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement