Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

blowin3 wrote: »
    I rang the Guards about an black guy driving on L plates on his own for the last 3 months. I asked the cop was he insured he said it was up to the insurance company if he was or not he said it was a grey area. I said I am Irish if I do the same and you stop me is that ok he said no and put down the phone.

A grey area? He must have been driving somewhere in between Balbriggan and Skerries I suppose. A mulatto. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Mod: This thread is a disaster. People trying to identify each other ffs, not to mention the continued speculation that's clearly warned against. Closed. Again.

Alright, I'm opening this up again, none of the above please.

I'm gonna regret this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Alright, I'm opening this up again, none of the above please.

I'm gonna regret this :D

Out of interest, has there been another incident which precipitated this thread becoming relevant again? I ask only because I haven't had a chance to look at anything more than the top headlines today and haven't seen anything about any of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Out of interest, has there been another incident which precipitated this thread becoming relevant again? I ask only because I haven't had a chance to look at anything more than the top headlines today and haven't seen anything about any of this?

Not that I'm aware of, had a request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Melissa Hutches apartment had a fake pipe bomb fcuked through the window the other day.

I think this is a low point, targetting women. Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I see in the mod note no initials can be used. I presume monikers such as "dapper Don" "fat freddy" and "baked beans" are OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

pablo128 wrote: »
    Melissa Hutches apartment had a fake pipe bomb fcuked through the window the other day.

I think this is a low point, targetting women. Scum.

Was that in the mainstream papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

septictank wrote: »
    Was that in the mainstream papers?

Yeah. It was reported as being an attempt to lure Patsy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Out of curiosity, how come those on the other side who are living in Dublin don't appear to be suffering these type of attacks? I know the area is well policed but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

*Grabs Popcorn* Once Og81 comes back i'm happy. That lad could tell a story or two:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Out of curiosity, how come those on the other side who are living in Dublin don't appear to be suffering these type of attacks? I know the area is well policed but still.

Well it could be simply that the Kinahans/Byrnes are better financed and better organised, or it could be that the Hutches have a mole within their ranks, but if you consider how many alleged hits the Gardaí say they've prevented, and you look at the news reports surrounding the bigs ones (cars stopped in Bluebell, firearms intercepted on Gardiner St etc) they tend to be Hutch aligned hitmen getting busted.

So for whatever reason, the Gardaí are having far more success in preventing people from the Hutch side from actually getting their targets.

Of course, another theory is that for one reason or another, the Gardaí (or certain individuals among them) are more sympathetic to the Kinahans and therefore aren't as interested in stopping them getting their targets than stopping the Hutches. Some suggest that they have some high level international informants in the Kinahan cartel helping them to bust lower level drug dealers, and that protecting the members to some extent is a sort of unspoken quid pro quo - IE, they don't want their "assets" endangered. They've certainly been having massive success in actually busting Kinahan shipments, it would seem that it's getting very difficult for them to import, let alone sell, their merchandise into Ireland - so this theory is more plausible than it might at first appear. If you have a mole who's feeding you information, you're going to want to keep them alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

I would imagine because there is so much policing on the north side every move is being watched, which is a blessing and a curse for them as it likely limits their ability to strike back. Plus I think the Kinahan Byrne side have spotters and informants everywhere in the north inner city which is invaluable. On top of that surely one side being much better financed than the other is an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Well it could be simply that the Kinahans/Byrnes are better financed and better organised, or it could be that the Hutches have a mole within their ranks, but if you consider how many alleged hits the Gardaí say they've prevented, and you look at the news reports surrounding the bigs ones (cars stopped in Bluebell, firearms intercepted on Gardiner St etc) they tend to be Hutch aligned hitmen getting busted.

So for whatever reason, the Gardaí are having far more success in preventing people from the Hutch side from actually getting their targets.

Of course, another theory is that for one reason or another, the Gardaí (or certain individuals among them) are more sympathetic to the Kinahans and therefore aren't as interested in stopping them getting their targets than stopping the Hutches. Some suggest that they have some high level international informants in the Kinahan cartel helping them to bust lower level drug dealers, and that protecting the members to some extent is a sort of unspoken quid pro quo - IE, they don't want their "assets" endangered. They've certainly been having massive success in actually busting Kinahan shipments, it would seem that it's getting very difficult for them to import, let alone sell, their merchandise into Ireland - so this theory is more plausible than it might at first appear. If you have a mole who's feeding you information, you're going to want to keep them alive.

Any of the hits prevented where lads have been caught with guns have all been Kinahan gun men. What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Blakestown is where the Estonian fella was staying. Wonder if it's connected.

Blakestown is where the Estonian fella was staying. Wonder if it's connected.

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1076561630614429696

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Getaway car used by gang in tonight’s shooting in west Dublin found burnt out in Clonee.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

RTÉ have this as the main evening news story right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Getaway car used by gang in tonight’s shooting in west Dublin found burnt out in Clonee.

Rusheeny estate across from Hartstown secondary school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Nah, Thanks anyway. I'll just wait till you are on the Dunphy podcast. Save myself 3 yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Tallant has to be one of the worst journalists going,consistently gets her facts wrong, not just in relation to this feud but other cases,she hears something then posts without fact checking, indications online are that it’s not kinahan member but connected to the other gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Calltocall wrote: »
    Tallant has to be one of the worst journalists going,consistently gets her facts wrong, not just in relation to this feud but other cases,she hears something then posts without fact checking, indications online are that it’s not kinahan member but connected to the other gang.

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

He's been named on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

True. Over the summer on pat kennys radio show and rte sean o roukre she mentioned deirdre jabcob who is missing, was from carlow or meath. Rotten rotten research by her

Timmyr wrote: »
    He's been named on Twitter

So he has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

So he has

where abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Happy4all wrote: »
    where abouts?
    the nt thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

People saying on Twitter that Imre Arakas is known to be living/hanging around in that area. I thought he was locked up, no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement