Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Was that a three hour episode tonight? Felt like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

amtc wrote: »
    I'm completely lost. Watched the hour on bbc.

Me too , no clue who is who or indeed care less anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh its crazies photographer stalking Martin

Who? :confused:
    amtc wrote: »
    I'm completely lost. Watched the hour on bbc.

I thought it felt very disjointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m the same, I haven’t a f*cking clue what’s going on in that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What did your one whisper to Stacey I wonder? Feck I can't stand Stacey!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh its crazies photographer stalking Martin

That Hayley one seems dog rough, looks like a coke head from Shameless council estate :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I found it odd how Lauren was besotted with that fellow then she lost all interest in him, maybe that's realistic in relationships, you are better off out of them

I keep getting this feeling that I've missed a few episodes but I haven't missed an episode since 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I didn't see EE last week, who is the rough looking one constantly smoking fags?

Hayley is suppose to be
    connected to Jamie whom Martin killed

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

I don't get how we're supposed to buy Aidan's character. He carries on like as if people are to believe he's an Irish Don Corleone, yet all we know about him is what Phil apparently said. Vincent isn't an altar boy, he's killed, perhaps accidentally, but he was happy enough to, supposedly, hide his mother's body which would take some nerve. Mick isn't whiter than white either. Shirley isn't Mary Poppins but is intimidated by him. He's old, not exactly big and imposing and presumably doddery as he carries that stick everywhere with him (or is it supposed to be a fashion item whilst the rest of him looks like a countryside tramp). I suppose they're setting up for "Superphil" to come back and sort things out. I like Phil but if that's it then it's a thin story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hayley is suppose to be
    connected to Jamie whom Martin killed
    I didn't know Martin killed someone who's Jamie?

casio4 wrote: »
    I didn't know Martin killed someone who's Jamie?
    Jamie Mitchell, he was with Sonia, lived with Billy and also Phil, Billy used beat him, Martin ran him down

Roger Griffiths joins as Mitch Baker (Keegan's dad)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

FCIM wrote: »
    I don't get how we're supposed to buy Aidan's character. He carries on like as if people are to believe he's an Irish Don Corleone, yet all we know about him is what Phil apparently said. Vincent isn't an altar boy, he's killed, perhaps accidentally, but he was happy enough to, supposedly, hide his mother's body which would take some nerve. Mick isn't whiter than white either. Shirley isn't Mary Poppins but is intimidated by him. He's old, not exactly big and imposing and presumably doddery as he carries that stick everywhere with him (or is it supposed to be a fashion item whilst the rest of him looks like a countryside tramp). I suppose they're setting up for "Superphil" to come back and sort things out. I like Phil but if that's it then it's a thin story.

I think the intimidation factor for Aiden comes from what he can do to people. He knows people's weaknesses, for example Mick's family. It looks like he has a bit of muscle too so he's got people do his bidding for him. He could send one of his guys after Nancy and seriously hurt her or kill her. A guy like Aiden doesn't come across as a regular tough guy, he uses his brain to get what he wants. He's points the finger but he's got people to pull the trigger. At least that's my take on it.

What Slater is Hayley from?

Stacey really wants to punish Martin for her own cheating :rolleyes: be good if Martin got full custody of the kids and the house

What Slater is Hayley from?

Stacey really wants to punish Martin for her own cheating :rolleyes: be good if Martin got full custody of the kids and the house

makes no sense why she wants to punish him

I'm disgusted by that to be honest. Rightly or wrongly (and I'm not here to start a debate), divorce tends to (not in every case) strongly favour the mother where kids are concerned and Stacey is looking to destroy Martin's access etc. even further when she was the one who cheated? Where does it come from? Stacey to my recollection was always a bit iffy when it came to commitment but she was never outright unconscionable. She cheated and yet she's out to destroy Martin?

As another poster said, I really hope that by some twist of fate Martin gets custody and that EastEnders is tackling the issue of father access (again, I'm not trying to cause trouble, just commenting on the episode and the fact that there is an issue) rather than just creating a storyline of nonsense.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I think the intimidation factor for Aiden comes from what he can do to people. He knows people's weaknesses, for example Mick's family. It looks like he has a bit of muscle too so he's got people do his bidding for him. He could send one of his guys after Nancy and seriously hurt her or kill her. A guy like Aiden doesn't come across as a regular tough guy, he uses his brain to get what he wants. He's points the finger but he's got people to pull the trigger. At least that's my take on it.

I agree and understand that. The problem is with how believable the story is though. So Aidan knows where Nancy and Johnny are. I guarantee you I could go across to the boozer in the village I live in and know where anyone's kids were within an hour (that's not meant to sound creepy, its just facts). What other evidence do we have to know that this guy is a serious case? And also, what happens if you knock off Aidan? He's still a human being, he lives and presumably dies the same as the rest of us, and likewise has an interest in his own survival. Why doesn't anybody turn around to him and say (sorry to quote "In the Name of the Father" but...) threaten my family and I'll cut your f*cking head off? Each of the characters who are supposed to be so intimated by him aint shrinking violets and certainly when their families are threatened I'd expect more out of people like them if we were dealing with real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Stacey is a complete cow. Martin did nothing to deserve this and all he endured through her illness. Accepting someone else's child and agreeing to her demands for another child when he knew it was a bad idea. It's becoming intolerable to watch. Don't know which Slater that girl is. Where the fck were they when Stacey was going off her trolley and everything was left to Martin?? Yeah yeah "family" my arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Stacey thing makes no sense. I know she's not supposed to be thinking rationally, but the way I'm seeing it is, she knows Martin is such a committed Dad and a fair-minded person that she has to orchestrate a situation where he will be connived into keeping his children for longer than the agreed access time? I mean, that doesn't add up with Stacey's character whatsoever!
    And I know Sonia isn't great but really, are we to believe that Martin's standards are so low that he'd be attracted to a rough-speaking, bet down, cut-price Kat Slater like Hayley?!
    Between this and the latest Carter-centric episode of the heist saga, I'm on the points of stopping watching EE. It's rubbish lately.

I agree and understand that. The problem is with how believable the story is though. So Aidan knows where Nancy and Johnny are. I guarantee you I could go across to the boozer in the village I live in and know where anyone's kids were within an hour (that's not meant to sound creepy, its just facts). What other evidence do we have to know that this guy is a serious case? And also, what happens if you knock off Aidan? He's still a human being, he lives and presumably dies the same as the rest of us, and likewise has an interest in his own survival. Why doesn't anybody turn around to him and say (sorry to quote "In the Name of the Father" but...) threaten my family and I'll cut your f*cking head off? Each of the characters who are supposed to be so intimated by him aint shrinking violets and certainly when their families are threatened I'd expect more out of people like them if we were dealing with real life.

Well we don't really know much about Aiden's past, but what I can assume is that he seems to have a certain bit of power and influence on the street. He's a gangster like Phil, and like Phil he has connections. We don't see these connections all the time but we've seen Phil using his connections in the past. We've also seen Aiden using connections as well, he has people in his employ. He's not just one person, he's a connected person who can do a lot of bad things to people.

Aiden is just a normal man so he could be killed, and I'd imagine that he will be killed eventually but people don't just become murderers one day. Mick isn't a murderer, he doesn't have it in him to kill. Shirley might, but does she want to risk going to prison? Same with Vincent. They all have their families to think about, and that's why Aiden has so much power over them. The idea that he could hurt their families is what keeps them in line, and if they did kill him they could be sent to prison. That's just my take on it.
    Goldengirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah, maybe he is tough underneath it all, but I also take that he is smart too and not just a typical tough guy.

The actor who plays Hunter is hot like seriously sex lol he’s 21 in real life so it’s ok

What was in the boxes Aidan ordered for the Vic and what was in the box he gave Keanu? I missed both.

Does Aidan not know Ciara got her money back?

Does Aidan not know Ciara got her money back?

No, but I get the feeling he doesn't like the idea of messing with her either.

No, but I get the feeling he doesn't like the idea of messing with her either.

He robbed her :p

He robbed her :p

Did she know he robbed her though?

Did she know he robbed her though?

She knows Sharon had the money. She probably suspects him, but she seemed to be more focused on Phil's family. I'd imagine she will eventually tell Aiden about Sharon though, and Aiden will then start targeting Phil.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    She knows Sharon had the money. She probably suspects him, but she seemed to be more focused on Phil's family. I'd imagine she will eventually tell Aiden about Sharon though, and Aiden will then start targeting Phil.

That's what I imagine but I think Aidan thinks Ciara doesn't know he stole her money.

Advertisement