Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

are any of the cray twins relations still alive in the east end? ... could they not put an end to Aidan? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Dear God. I was expecting the theme song from Peaky Blinders - Tall handsme man in a dusty black coat - to start playing as Mick swaggered his way bac to the Vic, with his (not so) menacing face on him. EE is pure drivel at the moment.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Dear God. I was expecting the theme song from Peaky Blinders - Tall handsme man in a dusty black coat - to start playing as Mick swaggered his way bac to the Vic, with his (not so) menacing face on him. EE is pure drivel at the moment.

The swagger made me actually laugh ! He looked like he had the petrol in his jocks too .!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Are Linda's earrings so heavy that they've drained any intelligence she has from her brain. How could she not know Mick was lying about leaving his wallet in the bar.

I don't know how she could have known he was lying but I think a normal person in that situation would be at least suspicious and also wouldn't want him to go by himself. As much as we blokes like to think we'd protect our wives, and I agree that we generally do/would, what loving wife would let her husband go back in that situation knowing he's completely on his own if Aidan shows up early?

I've seen lists of suspects on other forums: Linda, Mick, Vincent, Shirley, Tina, Sharon, Phil, Ciara, Keanu, Billy, which have a greater or lesser probability respectively. The ones I can't work out though are people are mentioning Ted, Jay, Jack and Halfway. The first three, whilst not liking Aidan don't seem to have much to do with him and isn't Halfway supposed to be in Iraq so how is he going to kill him, drone?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Are Linda's earrings so heavy that they've drained any intelligence she has from her brain. How could she not know Mick was lying about leaving his wallet in the bar.

I'm constantly gobsmacked as to how they are still in a relationship with one another because all they seem to do is hide things and do stuff behind the others back. No communication at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

FCIM wrote: »
    I don't know how she could have known he was lying but I think a normal person in that situation would be at least suspicious and also wouldn't want him to go by himself. As much as we blokes like to think we'd protect our wives, and I agree that we generally do/would, what loving wife would let her husband go back in that situation knowing he's completely on his own if Aidan shows up early?

I've seen lists of suspects on other forums: Linda, Mick, Vincent, Shirley, Tina, Sharon, Phil, Ciara, Keanu, Billy, which have a greater or lesser probability respectively. The ones I can't work out though are people are mentioning Ted, Jay, Jack and Halfway. The first three, whilst not liking Aidan don't seem to have much to do with him and isn't Halfway supposed to be in Iraq so how is he going to kill him, drone?!?

Tbh, I thought about Ted myself there last night. I don't know why but it seemed to me that they placed a bit of emphasis on Ted last night. They only ever do that when something is going to happen with a character. Given his history he might resort back to one of his episodes and shoot Aiden, whether he does it deliberately of accidentally is my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It’s a pity they didn’t let Aidan kill Mick before they ran him out of town. Terrible character, worse actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

At last . Now can we get on with EE that we all know .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's a bit hard to believe that a hardened criminal like Aidan would just give up so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Tbh, I thought about Ted myself there last night. I don't know why but it seemed to me that they placed a bit of emphasis on Ted last night. They only ever do that when something is going to happen with a character. Given his history he might resort back to one of his episodes and shoot Aiden, whether he does it deliberately of accidentally is my question.

Why, has Ted a history? Sorry, I've only just recently started rewatching it.
    It's a bit hard to believe that a hardened criminal like Aidan would just give up so easily.

With what Phil had on him he would be facing a sentence that at his age he likely wouldn't get through. Phil, on the other hand, could argue he only asked Aidan to give your man a going over, not to kill him and would get a good stretch but not anything which he couldn't get through as he's much younger. What was unbelievable to me was that man who claimed he needed something for his pension, so presumably isn't flush, was able to muster such a crew.
    Goldengirl wrote: »
    Love the way Super Phil bursts through the door. knocking Aidan down with a thump, ten minutes after taking his heart medication;)) What the hell is in them? Spinach?! And then takes all the credit when it took Shirl and Sharon to get him to take out his superpowers in the first place!

I'm no Rocky Balboa but I am fairly big, I'd be confident I'd knock Aidan out so I see no reason why Phil wouldn't (a real life Phil would go through me for a short cut and I'm not trying to paint any picture of myself being hard, I'm not, just I wouldn't be frightened of Aidan if a fight was all it was).

I thought that was a really good episode though and took most of us by surprise (other than the Super Phil to the rescue but I loved that as I'm a Phil fan).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

so looks like Kat returns for her own funeral and wake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

FCIM wrote:
    I thought that was a really good episode though and took most of us by surprise (other than the Super Phil to the rescue but I loved that as I'm a Phil fan).

I thought it was a bit of a Disney ending tbh. And they all lived.....happily ever after.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit of a Disney ending tbh. And they all lived.....happily ever after.

I don't think that's what's going on. Or at least I hope it's not because it's very poor writing if it is. A bloke like Aidan isn't going to turn on his heels and go. Imagine what that would do to his reputation and his ability to put together a gang like he did there; though I've still no idea how he's supposed to have done that if he's so broke he's worried about his pension. I think he'll come back and that's when things will get lively.

The problem is, he's not intimidating. As I said, I'm no hard man and the likes of Phil would eat me for breakfast, but if Aidan offered me a fight and a fight is all it would be I wouldn't have any toilet-related difficulties put it that way. He has form, OK, we know that, but he isn't menacing. And I would ask questions over whether Bergin is a jaded actor or if it was purely the writing because I remember him frightening the sh*t out of me as a kid in Sleeping With The Enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Am I missing something or should Mick not be furious with Sharon after finding out it was her who took the money, ergo putting him through all this aggro for nothing?
    But no, he just smiled at Phil and seemed delighted.
    If I was him I'd have slung her out.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Am I missing something or should Mick not be furious with Sharon after finding out it was her who took the money, ergo putting him through all this aggro for nothing?
    But no, he just smiled at Phil and seemed delighted.
    If I was him I'd have slung her out.

Relief does a lot of things. He's just massively got off the hook. Yeah, there's the part where he'd be p1ssed because Sharon stole the money but I think it'd gone to the point where Aidan didn't care and Mick knew that. If someone had come in saying "here's your money Aidan", he would have still carried on bullying Mick.

One thing I didn't buy, and I really enjoyed the episode, was Mick saying he wouldn't hit an old man. Aidan isn't that old, he's gone past the stage where he should be throwing his weight around yes, but he's only sixty. Plus, I wouldn't care how old someone was, if someone gave me a smack I'd give one back.

One thing puzzling me is what was the carry on with the teeth? Presumably Aidan had your man fed to pigs, or that's what we're meant to believe. But pigs will eat everything bar teeth and the thigh bone. No trace of that. Where's the thigh bone gone? Fair easy to get rid of the whole lot with sulphuric acid but Aidan doesn't seem to have gone down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

One thing puzzling me is what was the carry on with the teeth? Presumably Aidan had your man fed to pigs, or that's what we're meant to believe. But pigs will eat everything bar teeth and the thigh bone. No trace of that. Where's the thigh bone gone? Fair easy to get rid of the whole lot with sulphuric acid but Aidan doesn't seem to have gone down that route.

You sound like an expert at getting rid of bodies lol :D

Why, has Ted a history? Sorry, I've only just recently started rewatching it.

Ted suffers from PTSD I think and shot Johnny a while back. While it might be nothing, I feel like they might return with Ted shooting someone else. Possibly Aiden. I really don't know though it's just a wild guess. He still has the gun I think.

• Advertisement

You sound like an expert at getting rid of bodies lol :D

I was absolutely locked last night. I could have written any old sh*te, and looking back on it, I did. That said, whilst I've never done it myself, I've read enough to know how to get rid of a body if I ever needed to (but I'd like to think that that level of badness isn't in me). Sorry if I annoyed or freaked anyone. As I said, I was full of beer and talking nonsense, though the pig thing is true to the best of my knowledge.
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ted suffers from PTSD I think and shot Johnny a while back. While it might be nothing, I feel like they might return with Ted shooting someone else. Possibly Aiden. I really don't know though it's just a wild guess. He still has the gun I think.

Thanks. I could see Ted being a character they'd be willing to lose so it'd make sense. How come he suffers from PTSD?

Thanks. I could see Ted being a character they'd be willing to lose so it'd make sense. How come he suffers from PTSD?

His friend was killed when they served in Egypt with the army in 1956 and it traumatized him.

Did Sharon think she could take on Aidan alone, she was quaking in her high heels with Ciara, fearing for Denny and what is with her big eyes and false lashes :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sharon think she could take on Aidan alone, she was quaking in her high heels with Ciara, fearing for Denny and what is with her big eyes and false lashes :rolleyes:

She probably hoped Phil would come around. There was nothing in the writing to suggest she thought he would though which is again a continuity issue.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I'm three weeks behind on Eastenders. Honestly, is it worth catching up? Twelve episodes is a big ask given the quality of the show of late.

I'm three weeks behind on Eastenders. Honestly, is it worth catching up? Twelve episodes is a big ask given the quality of the show of late.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

don't bother wasting your time

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I think that'll suffice :p I don't think I've missed an episode since Christmas 2008, but it's just too poor now, there's only so much my patience can be tested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Kinda disapointed Aidans gone, good character.

• Advertisement

thebull85 wrote: »
    Kinda disapointed Aidans gone, good character.

giphy.gif

Advertisement