Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

giphy.gif

brilliant, I love it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,729 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Mas go to Phil's house for a birthday card for his aunt, they was never friends, why not try Denise, Carmel or a 24 hour open shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Baybay

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why did Mas go to Phil's house for a birthday card for his aunt, they was never friends, why not try Denise, Carmel or a 24 hour open shop
    The shop was closed when he tried it, I'd say Carmel would have no time for him, he'd tried Linda, perhaps Sharon was just next.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

giphy.gif

I'd far prefer each episode opened with Aiden instead of fcukin Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Is anyone else bored to tears with the Bernie playing chess storyline? I hate it.

• Advertisement

Did Keegan's dad to do something bad to Keanu or older sister Chantal?

Is anyone else bored to tears with the Bernie playing chess storyline? I hate it.

Its a break from Danny Dyers mug so its great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Did I miss something, but since when has Keanu gotten a job with Phil at the garage? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Last nights episode was the best episode in a long time. Hardly no mick and a lot of air time for the Taylor family. I’m actually looking forward to tonight’s episode, haven’t been able to say that in a long time.

The state of Ian and he thinks he can land Mel again

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Did I miss something, but since when has Keanu gotten a job with Phil at the garage? :confused:

Last week he was doing repair handyman jobs for Jay in the funeral parlour but I didn't know he was a mechanic but I think he did ask Ben for a job but he refused as I think he fancied him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Baybay

Last week he was doing repair handyman jobs for Jay in the funeral parlour but I didn't know he was a mechanic but I think he did ask Ben for a job but he refused as I think he fancied him

Just after the Taylors joined Eastenders, Keanu was very hopeful he'd be kept on at the place where his mechanic apprenticeship was coming to an end but the garage only wanted cheap labour so while he was told he'd been a good apprentice, there was no future there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

nice to see Karen getting a little lovin' but i'm sure it will all end in tears for her and the kids

Baybay wrote: »
    Just after the Taylors joined Eastenders, Keanu was very hopeful he'd be kept on at the place where his mechanic apprenticeship was coming to an end but the garage only wanted cheap labour so while he was told he'd been a good apprentice, there was no future there.

Ah riiiight, it makes sense now! I had totally forgotten he had a job before they moved onto the Square!

Bernie and the chess so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mel's false eyelashes are ridiculously thick. I don't think they do anything for her. Her hair is nice but I don't think she's all that good looking even though they portray her as a head turning stunner.
    I remember Adam Woodyatt on a talk show with Hannah Waterman who played one of his his ex's, Laura. He made a comment about Ian being able to land the lookers he said "like...look at Mel...(and fairly sure he mentioned Cindy as well)"...he was sitting right beside the actress who played Laura!
    ...really tactless and typical of something Ian would actually say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ian is such a tool. Imagine him actually thinking Mel would be interested in him. The way he treats his staff is sickening. It's amazing Masood hasn't knocked him out by now. He never picks on anyone that will fight him back though. Are they trying to turn Shirley into a new big Mo with her "moody meat". I was waiting for her to say she got it from Fat Elvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

I'd put Shona McGarty, Lacey Turner and Gillian Taylforth way ahead of Tamzin Outhwaite.
    Ian's even more irritating than previously, if that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Was the meat Shirley got supposed to be horse meat or something? Didn't they do a similar storyline with the Carters in the past? They served some sort of dodgy meat or something in The Vic before. Tuesday's episode was like something out of Fawlty Towers or something.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Was the meat Shirley got supposed to be horse meat or something? Didn't they do a similar storyline with the Carters in the past? They served some sort of dodgy meat or something in The Vic before. Tuesday's episode was like something out of Fawlty Towers or something.

A bit harsh on Fawlty Towers tbf.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it myself, it all seemed very familiar to a storyline they did before

Why would Keanu need to know what his father did to his mother? I know children deserve honesty, particularly when it comes to who their parents are, but what kind of effect would it have on anyone to know their Dad half-killed their Mum? Better to leave sleeping dogs lie in my opinion and proof enough that Mitch is no good whatsoever; back five minutes and he wants to rip the fella's world apart.

The Hunter and Mel scene brought humour to the episode. Whilst the current writers might not be that great, they do seem to be able to get genuinely amusing conversations into episodes.

I hope the story with Patrick isn't leading up to him exiting. I've always liked Rudolph Walker since watching him as a kid on The Thin Blue Line. Fond memories of stuff like this...

FCIM wrote: »
    Why would Keanu need to know what his father did to his mother? I know children deserve honesty, particularly when it comes to who their parents are, but what kind of effect would it have on anyone to know their Dad half-killed their Mum? Better to leave sleeping dogs lie in my opinion and proof enough that Mitch is no good whatsoever; back five minutes and he wants to rip the fella's world apart.

The Hunter and Mel scene brought humour to the episode. Whilst the current writers might not be that great, they do seem to be able to get genuinely amusing conversations into episodes.

I hope the story with Patrick isn't leading up to him exiting. I've always liked Rudolph Walker since watching him as a kid on The Thin Blue Line. Fond memories of stuff like this...

I think once someone turns 18 they deserve to be told the truth about their parent if they look for that information.

It’s obvious what’s going to happen Keanu is going to be giving out about Keegan’s Dad and telling his mum to get rid of him and then Keegan will get really angry and pissed off and say, you can’t say anything about my dad cause your dad nearly killed mum. I think that’s how Keanu is going to find out, or along those lines.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think once someone turns 18 they deserve to be told the truth about their parent if they look for that information.

It’s obvious what’s going to happen Keanu is going to be giving out about Keegan’s Dad and telling his mum to get rid of him and then Keegan will get really angry and pissed off and say, you can’t say anything about my dad cause your dad nearly killed mum. I think that’s how Keanu is going to find out, or along those lines.

Generally I would agree with you but it's an extremely difficult one given the circumstances. What do you do for the best? Tell the person that their father did everything in his power to murder his mother and only by luck of fate failed, which could lead to all sorts of personal ramifications and very easily lead to the person going wildly off the rails and wrecking their own life or withholding the truth which is immoral as the person deserves to know but surely your instinct is to protect the person?

I think what's dodgy here though is that Mitch has just turned up and he wants Karen to blow Keanu's life apart. Whether it's because he thinks it would ease him back into the fold for whatever length of time he desires or chooses, whether it's some sort of revenge for Keanu being hard with him or whether it's genuinely because he thinks Keanu deserves to know the truth is debatable. What isn't is he has no right to turn up and push Karen into doing that.

I agree what will happen is obvious though.

Generally I would agree with you but it's an extremely difficult one given the circumstances. What do you do for the best? Tell the person that their father did everything in his power to murder his mother and only by luck of fate failed, which could lead to all sorts of personal ramifications and very easily lead to the person going wildly off the rails and wrecking their own life or withholding the truth which is immoral as the person deserves to know but surely your instinct is to protect the person?

I think what's dodgy here though is that Mitch has just turned up and he wants Karen to blow Keanu's life apart. Whether it's because he thinks it would ease him back into the fold for whatever length of time he desires or chooses, whether it's some sort of revenge for Keanu being hard with him or whether it's genuinely because he thinks Keanu deserves to know the truth is debatable. What isn't is he has no right to turn up and push Karen into doing that.

I agree what will happen is obvious though.

I was thinking Mitch just turned up cause he’s nowhere else to go and a Knew Karen would be a soft touch.

fin12 wrote: »
    I was thinking Mitch just turned up cause he’s nowhere else to go and a Knew Karen would be a soft touch.

Thought the same myself but there's something nasty about him pushing Karen into telling Keanu.

Thought the same myself but there's something nasty about him pushing Karen into telling Keanu.

Ya I wasn’t really concentrating during that part, how did the conservation come up about Keanu’s Dad?

Do Keanu and Chantel have the same father? Where is the autistic twins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Do Keanu and Chantel have the same father? Where is the autistic twins?

Karen said they had gone to stay with their father.

Advertisement