Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I wasn’t really concentrating during that part, how did the conservation come up about Keanu’s Dad?

My reading of it was Keanu stormed out and said he was going to stay with Jay when he discovered Mitch there in the morning. Mitch thought he could sort it out by talking to Keanu but Keanu had, understandably, the same attitude. When that failed, Mitch talked Karen into telling Keanu about his father and if I recall correctly even offered to do it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

FCIM wrote: »
    My reading of it was Keanu stormed out and said he was going to stay with Jay when he discovered Mitch there in the morning. Mitch thought he could sort it out by talking to Keanu but Keanu had, understandably, the same attitude. When that failed, Mitch talked Karen into telling Keanu about his father and if I recall correctly even offered to do it himself.[/QUOTE

Thanks,
    But what’s Mitch trying to gain from that? That he won’t look like such a bad dad after????

Keanu will still hate him and want him away from his mum.

fin12 wrote: »
    FCIM wrote: »
    My reading of it was Keanu stormed out and said he was going to stay with Jay when he discovered Mitch there in the morning. Mitch thought he could sort it out by talking to Keanu but Keanu had, understandably, the same attitude. When that failed, Mitch talked Karen into telling Keanu about his father and if I recall correctly even offered to do it himself.[/QUOTE

Thanks,
    But what’s Mitch trying to gain from that? That he won’t look like such a bad dad after????

Keanu will still hate him and want him away from his mum.

Who knows? Maybe he wants to hurt Keanu for rejecting him, maybe he has some scheme up his sleeve as to why he wants it revealed, maybe he just genuinely thinks Keanu should know now he's an adult. The seedy thing is he has only just turned up and he's pushing for the family to be driven into mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who texted Mitch, another family, has he a wife?

I hope we meet Karen's mother, get her sister Candice back too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It was very unrealistic the way Patrick posted the money into the flats letterbox. Patrick is not stupid and he wouldn't have done that. I know he might have wanted to give the money anonymously but Patrick isn't a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Michelle is leaving. Huge loss to the show.....

:pac:

Why should everyone on the Square pay for Kat's fake send off, did Vincent even know her? Phil did right shutting the door on Mo

Stacey happy to give Martin a ride now, Max still missing :rolleyes: plus what happened to setting him up with cousin Hayley, he deserves better than any of the Slaters

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mo revolts me . Can't stand the woman

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Mo revolts me . Can't stand the woman

The Slaters are very unlikeable

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Slaters are very unlikeable

I loved Little Mo ! Can't stand the rest of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is Patrick gone away? I thought the money he won was either going to pay for his holiday or buy a sofa, all of a sudden he gave it to Ted and can still go on holiday also when will Ted/Karen and Patrick realize that £2,500 is gone with Karens' ex?

casio4 wrote: »
    Is Patrick gone away? I thought the money he won was either going to pay for his holiday or buy a sofa, all of a sudden he gave it to Ted and can still go on holiday also when will Ted/Karen and Patrick realize that £2,500 is gone with Karens' ex?

Is he gone to Jamaica to meet the love of his life again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he gone to Jamaica to meet the love of his life again?

yes but how can he afford the flight when he gave the money to Ted? also didn't Denise tell him the woman he is going to meet has previous with men like him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ridiculous writing continues. As if anyone would post 2500 quid through a letter box of a communal flat. Just stupid. And all these masood story lines with the aunty and uncle. ...wtf is the point of any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Ridiculous writing continues. As if anyone would post 2500 quid through a letter box of a communal flat. Just stupid. And all these masood story lines with the aunty and uncle. ...wtf is the point of any of it.

I thought it was just me! Masood's aunt and uncle are such pointless characters, it's like watching paint dry.

Then we have the damn chess scenes. I really think the return of the Slaters will be enough for me to switch off for good.

Are they doing a dementia storyline with Mas uncle? His forgetfulness

Stacey cheats on Martin, gets the police and Hayley on to him but wants his cousin Ian to give money for Kat's funeral

Richard Blackwood is leaving the show after three years in the role of Vincent Hubbard, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor has recently filmed his final scenes in the role and will bow out on screen later in the spring.

Digital Spy understands that Richard's departure is a mutual decision after he was presented with a storyline that would lead to Vincent leaving Walford.

An EastEnders insider told us that Richard was happy to take on the upcoming plot, as he felt it was the right time for him to move on and try other projects.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Richard confirmed: "I have loved every minute of my time at EastEnders, and although I will be sad to say goodbye, after three years it feels the right time to leave.

"I have been truly blessed with some great storylines since the moment I joined, but when I was presented with my last story, I knew it was time for Vincent to depart Walford.

"I'm now excited about what the future holds. I have a feature film out this year, I will be returning to theatre and also some great presenting TV gigs."

An EastEnders spokesperson added: "We can confirm that Richard will be leaving EastEnders this spring. Richard has been a great addition to the show and we wish him all the best for the future."

Vincent made his first appearance in EastEnders in February 2015, as the character turned up during a live scene in the show's 30th anniversary week.

Since then, his big storylines have included a tense feud with the Mitchell family, being revealed as a police informant and dealing with the daily dramas of being married to Kim Fox.

More recently, viewers saw Vincent caught up in the chaos of Aidan Maguire's botched heist, which left him in danger when the menacing gangster tried to settle a score from the past.

Where is Kats lottery winnings ?
    And at risk of repeating myself I cannot abide Mo , horrible entitled nasty piece of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh god no please not Jean. She's the Fiz from Coronation St of Albert Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I really miss Pat Butcher since Mo appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where is Kats lottery winnings ?
    And at risk of repeating myself I cannot abide Mo , horrible entitled nasty piece of work

Must have spent it all in Spain and Ireland.

The EE stories get sillier and sillier. Putting up with Mo is going to be hard work now we don't have Pat or Peggy to put her in her box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Goldengirl wrote: »

To be fair, if someone told me that a person I knew really well had just died, I probably wouldn't question it myself. Apart from wanting to know the cause of death, I would probably take it on face value. That is assuming of course that whoever told me the news was also close to the supposed deceased. If it was a stranger telling me then I would have to do some inquiries, but a relative or close friend would be different.

In Eastenders everyone pretty much knows each other and seem to have good relations. There's a community spirit in Albert Square where they all kind've help each other out at times. So I can understand why some of them would be willing to help out. I don't know if I would be willing to help though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Mo is an awful person, obviously just after the money, Stacey has been vile lately but this is too much for her. How adorable is the little baby Masood and his uncle are looking after.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Mo is an awful person, obviously just after the money, Stacey has been vile lately but this is too much for her. How adorable is the little baby Masood and his uncle are looking after.

I suppose to make Stacey look better they had to bring in worse characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

casio4 wrote: »
    yes but how can he afford the flight when he gave the money to Ted? also didn't Denise tell him the woman he is going to meet has previous with men like him

I didnt hear how much, but Patrick kept some money from the winnings , he didnt give it all to Ted as far as I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

hope I am not being stereotypical here but that Minute Mart in the square would not be run by the likes of honey (she would be more suited to be a character of a salon or nail bar in the soap if anything) - no, that minute mart would be realistically run by Indians/Asians/Pakistani in UK .. in London, course it would be. - Maybe Massood aunt and uncle chachi should run it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Goldengirl wrote: »

Fair enough. Stacey might have been gullible to believe it but I believe the residents would believe Stacey though. That's why I think the lie works. Most of the people who agreed to help talked to Stacey whereas Mo was pretty unsuccessful.

Advertisement