Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolores O'Riordan RIP (Mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

A band loved the world over. Only realised how popular they were last year sitting in a bar in Kathmandu and a band were playing Zombie and have heard them regularly on radio here in Malaysia.

Very sad. Poor family losing her so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm rarely shocked by celebrity deaths, but I'm stunned at hearing Dolores has died.

Feel exactly the same as this.

eurokev wrote: »
    Absolutely, shocked and gutted.

Zombie is the anthem for myself and a group of buddies, we have it absolutely blaring on a loop regularly. Its one of the best pump you up songs ever. Really wish I had seen her live now..

RIP Delores

Really? I break down instantly when I hear it.

Shocking news, was she not doing some Irish talent show fairly recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Awful. RIP. Any cause of death yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This is how it feels when your teenage idol dies.
    Devestated.

To thine own self be true

Ah man. So sad to hear this. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Very sad. Spent some time listening to the cranberries last year. She had an incredible voice, so distinctive. Another instance of "they don't make it like that anymore"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

RIP. Very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Brings me back to the days of My So Called Life with The Cranberries soundtrack.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

She was incredibly talented and had something special. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Vegeta wrote: »
    Feel exactly the same as this.

I'm listening to Zombie', and trying to hide the tears running down my face from the company in the room.

And I don't fooking cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Terrible news, such a great band the Cranberries,

really loved the album wake up and smell the coffee. Brilliant album and a great return to form ,also with the acoustic gigs Cranberries were really showing the songs held up in a paired back setting and how good they looked on stage just a few months ago:(

Such a gorgeous song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

The Nal wrote: »
    Maybe join the dots and read between the lines..... and then keep those thoughts in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Nothing to add other than it's a sad day indeed, saw the Cranberries once many years ago if I remember correctly at Glastonbury and she had an amazing voice. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Just heard the news in the last ten minites. Awful news. RIP Dolores

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Really shocked when I heard this:(

RIP, way too young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Absolutely love her music. Rare I'd post in an RIP thread but really saddened by this :(

So bloody young :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jesus, was she ill? This seems completely out of nowhere, also had no idea she was so young in their heyday. I think with the age group on boards a lot of us grew up with their music in our childhoods.

This might be the single earliest song I can remember in my life. :(

eezipc wrote: »
    I don't think people realise how famous the Cranberries were. My wife is Russian and The Cranberries was the only Irish band she knew. She was vaguely familiar of U2, but in the 90's the Cranberries were massive all over the world.

Absolutely. You go to Asia and the Cranberries are played everywhere. Zombie did become a pretty iconic song of the 90s, pretty much one of defining songs of that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Absolutely. You go to Asia and the Cranberries are played everywhere. Zombie did become a pretty iconic song of the 90s, pretty much one of defining songs of that period.
    You'll still hear them with somewhat reasonable regularity on radio, in supermarkets and in pubs in New York and Toronto.

Zombie and Linger are two of those songs that I don't think I've ever met a single person in the whole world had not heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Really unique voice and talent. She was part of my teenage listening. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brilliant singer but a troubled soul. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

My god too young...a beautiful woman

RIP Dolores O'Riordan

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Very sad. So young and so talented.

Rest in Peace Dolores :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

One of the most memorable voices of my youth, always felt she was one of us.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I would go as far to say Zombie transcends every era.

In fact it has been adopted as an anthem of sort by my GAA club. Always guaranteed to have everyone locked in arms singing along whenever its played on a team night out. And the beautiful thing is that the majority of the team wouldn't remember the Cranberries at their peak (heck I was only six when it was released), but instantly recognise it as a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

The Nal wrote: »

Does it matter. Rip

Advertisement